+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsRage View Post
    If they needed to adjust stats on the accs, they didn't need to remove them. There was no need for this drama.

All that would have happened is that on one of the maints the accs would have magically had their new stats. Change the .bin file. Drop it on the server & distribute it and *poof* accs all rebalanced. Change is propagated even to those accs sitting in inventories or being worn.

This is something I and others have figured out long ago. Sadly these guys don't know enough about how their own game works to figure that out.
    Yeah teach them how to split 1 item into 3 different types with simple bin edit. With ur skill over 9000 u should work for valve or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sados21 View Post
    Yeah teach them how to split 1 item into 3 different types with simple bin edit. With ur skill over 9000 u should work for valve or something.
    It really isn't that hard. Why on earth would I want to work for valve or anyone else? Are you under the impression that I actually need money?
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

You so good but still any changes u did was only simple value changes on bin files.

I personally think it could had been dealt with.

yeah.

You can add, change and remove items to your heart's content on bin files. Not hard if you have the right tooling to do it. These guys have that tooling.

You can also replace existing items on accts with updated items with simple SQL updates. This is no more complicated to do than the SQL they are going to have to run to insert new items into the exchange market inventory of all the characters that had their items deleted. In fact it is much easier since they have to keep track of which character they originally deleted items from.

None of this is difficult. And it can be done during a single maintenance with no possibility of 'missing' anyone.

There really was no need to

1. remove all instances of this item from the game with no warning that it was going to happen.
    2. Issue 'sorry about that' items to reduce tension and ragequitting.
    3. wait 2 or more weeks until they finally schedule putting the new items back.
    4. Have to run specialized SQLs for each character to place new items in the event inventory at a later time.

If these guys had a clue what they were doing they could have done all this without all the drama and resulting player confusion & anger.

I agree at the end of the day the result may be better for the server, but the way they went about it in really caused more tension than was necessary.
    Last edited by GodsRage; 08-27-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Lets not kid ourselves here.
    Whether or not they did it any different, if they left it at what it was or gave everyone a bucket of free rps for giggles - .. it wouldn't have caused any less tension, confusion and/or anger 'than was necessary'.

The anger, confusion or tension on these boards is already way more than is necessary - I mean, did anyone read any threads on here or is it just me?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

What would have reduced this all would have been that they come on the forums and tell everyone "Oh by the way on our next maint we are going to turn your all-attack accessory into a melee, magic or ranged attack accessory depending on your character build." rather than simply deleting these valuable artifacts and posting up an after-the-fact notification. Naturally simply doing that would have been less shocking than to log in after the maint and find your expensive accessory gone. What would have been even less shocking would have been to post a notice of what to expect, then just convert it in place. It is just not that difficult to do.

Problem is this outfit never tells you what they are going to do until after they have already done it to you. This is one of the things I have always hated about them and I can see that 6 years later they are still pulling the same bs. The have not learned!

You simply don't find out about it until ... Surprise! ... They have already beaten you over the head with it.
    Last edited by GodsRage; 08-27-2014 at 12:19 PM.

damn peejay be bringing spice to these rusty forums again :3
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    They did tell way beforehand that they were going to nerf the accessories in the very near future.

At that time, before the crone events ended, there were people having them but not not too many. Yet, majority still decided to buy those accessories regardless, instead of waiting.
    50% of the cost has been given by playwith, per character. Some people made X characters on several accounts, acquiring said prices times X.

Yet, people complain about "how hard it was to achieve those accessories" and "how ripped off they've got".

Even IF you didn't buy those accessories with those crones - if you were able to get 100m in a month's time playing - certainly your character was/is able to survive without them? I mean, how did you acquire them in the first place?

That aside, a compensation was offered in the meantime, on top of receiving the 'nerfed' accessories when they are due in the refined state they were in. As for the other decorative acc. (or whatever they're called) - which costed a 100m as well if i'm not mistaken, were removed AND replaced by the amount of crones spend. Leaving you with, actually, whatever you had that one second before you bought them.

Even so, in the meantime you did have them, you have been able to multiply your amount of crones even further so certainly - the gravity of the error is rather small in comparison?

A medal for communication? Certainly not.
    Crucified for miscommunication? I suppose it could be worse, no?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by treintram View Post
    damn peejay be bringing spice to these rusty forums again :3
    I figure they will ban this acct in about a day or so. No worries - i have a dozen other accts here

Gotta keep things lively!