+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    Nicole please dont take things out of context now....

Nobody is talking about having the same gear and not having the same gear we are talking about gear progression as in today everybody has chimeras in 3 months everyone should be in talis and in 6 everyone should be in opaniels (not a real projected timeline). I dont understand where you see me claiming people shouldnt have the same gear in fact I am confused where this is even coming from. As far as forever leaving you can tell us why you left but the general consensus from the players that I spoke to after I came back was that they were bored simple as that although it might not be because of gear progression you cant argue that new content (which leads to gear progression) keeps people playing the game.
    Why should everyone have talis and opanials? I'm really not sure why you think everyone HAS to get new gear. Why add more OP stuff? When everyone can have some decent equal stuff and then customize it with the spirit stones they pick + their play style to either win pvp or lose.

Edit: I dunno who from Forever you think you talked to but there's a big difference between some members of Forever and the core of the guild who made the guild what it was. Most everyone has had a lot of real life changes over the years. The amount of time and money it takes to win isn't sustainable for the majority of people. You don't even want to know the amounts some of us spent. Getting up at 2 or 3 AM or whatever to do bosses gets old. A number of people are now married or otherwise have very different lives. It was not "boredom" that made people quit.
    Last edited by Sunraven; 08-09-2014 at 05:39 AM.
    Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

Emanoela - 110 Priest - Forever! Rosemud - Ranger Guild Wars 2
    Lark - 108 Predator - Forever! Jalliel - Mesmer Guild Wars 2
    ~Robert Frost

I am still not a fan of forging its not modular and the only way it can scale with powercreep is to become obsolete so you can start all over again. Gadwin83 has a point with there being nothing to do but farming for drops is just not something I am into at all anymore and I would rather see rewards for participating things like events daily quests acheivements pvp scenarios (like PA but with a better selection on the scenarios). I wont spoil any of the ideas I have to make this game better but if the developers hear me out I know I can get people playing the game whenever they can and not just for a couple hours a day.
    **** your stupid obsession over power creep. It does not need to exist. *headdesk*
    Some say in ice.
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

~Robert Frost

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Spirit stones are too expensive - looking at over $21/month without being fully socketed and that's just for one char. Granted you can 'win' a few, but apparently they last only 3 days and can fail besides.

I've just bought a 7 days hp leech stone for 129 rps and it failed >.>
    I don't feel like gambling on these spirits as well..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Spirit stones are too expensive - looking at over $21/month without being fully socketed and that's just for one char. Granted you can 'win' a few, but apparently they last only 3 days and can fail besides.

I've just bought a 7 days hp leech stone for 129 rps and it failed >.>
    I don't feel like gambling on these spirits as well..
    I figured up what it would cost to keep spirit stones up for a priest to pvp on and it'd cost $47 a month.... Just for spirit stones. No 7s, costume, etc. Why would I want to spend that much when I could play GW2 or Aion for free and everything you need to have a competitive char can be got in game? Heck, I'd rather pay a $20 a month subscription fee than trying to pay to win lol
    Some say in ice.
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

~Robert Frost

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Well ye, I was 'fine' with a $10-$15 upkeep cost, everything included
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    **** your stupid obsession over power creep. It does not need to exist. *headdesk*
    I like you a lot.

I figured up what it would cost to keep spirit stones up for a priest to pvp on and it'd cost $47 a month.... Just for spirit stones. No 7s, costume, etc. Why would I want to spend that much when I could play GW2 or Aion for free and everything you need to have a competitive char can be got in game? Heck, I'd rather pay a $20 a month subscription fee than trying to pay to win lol
    Actually the whole stuff is around $50/60 per month for a templar, cost you can reduce by doing PAs. You get 7d armor stones by attending PA. But to get them completely free, you'd need to run 7 alts in PA, which mean you'd have to x7 log and level them chars to 90, which would cost you a bunch in scrolls.

But doing so, you'd just have to pay for 7s (899 ecash x 7) and weapon stones on chimera (around $20 per month)
    Last edited by eikniwt; 08-09-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Banned
    Actually, I do believe only Leagues of Legends is 100% free

ps : I see strellan the noob is no more talking since one Forever told him to gtfo about "her" powercreep obsession l0l

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post

Variety is key. If I'm logged in farming and an event pops up...hey guess what, I have two activities to chose from.
    With the activities that I have planned you will still have to farm you just wont be fishing for a 15% <attack force> drop or a 42 pdef drop. You will be farming more specific items that can then be used to proceed on the current upgrade path of chim>tali>opaniel.
    Sure its easy to say you don't like farming, but even if your favorite thing to do in the game is to troll around and rpk and annoy people...making farming pointless pretty much means you end up with way less people to rpk and annoy. Its like this game simply doesn't want any actual free players or small budget players to enjoy it, when in reality these players are what keep the big spenders around.
    Because senselessly killing mobs for hours and hours is the only way to farm? There will be new items to farm dont worry about that.

Why should everyone have talis and opanials? I'm really not sure why you think everyone HAS to get new gear. Why add more OP stuff? When everyone can have some decent equal stuff and then customize it with the spirit stones they pick + their play style to either win pvp or lose.
    What is there left to do once you have everything? Nicole if they didnt need new gear then why did they make glacials? why did they make 5 tiers of weapons before that? We coulda used e-fro and first ancient weapons and be done with it is that what you think?

Powercreep is inevitable and always will exist have you ever heard of somebody making new content that is weaker than what is already there? You know water temple (AKA: Jubbas waterclock) got buffed with lvl 9x mobs now do you wana guess how many people have been there? It was a waste of time and resources on YNK's end to even make that because it offers nothing better than what we already have. Powercreep will always exist what would alex have farmed on visionz if kalista dropped weapons for the 8x unique? what would you do if ruler dropped at 10 all stat 50 attack ring? You would be gone plain and simple the new content HAS to be just as strong if not stronger than the old content or else its already obsolete.

You can purchase spirit stones with power badges earned from the power arena (you get 10 if you win 5 for a loss, a weap stone is 6 badges an armour stone is 7). The spirit stones last for 7 days so your goal would be to get 1 spirit stone each day eliminating 7 spirit stones from the equation. (5 weap and 2 armour stones would be the best combination at 44 power badges you only need to win 2 times in 1 week). Power arena is also 2 times a day if you want to play at noon and at midnight server time (which is 14 power arenas in 1 week or 70-140 power badges).

You typically want 5 stones for your weap and 2 stones for each armour piece and as a priest you can include the shield. That is 12 armour stones and 5 weapon stones or 17 stones total. Once we subtract the 7 spirit stones you are left with 10 spirit stones of upkeep. Each <stat> stone 7 days is 39 rps (39 cents) which means you need to do is spend 390 rps and go to at least 1 power arena a day and win at least twice. There may be days where you attend PA more than once or win more than two times a week which will only save you more. On top of that you can always bring 2 chars to PA to get even more spirit stones or purchase spirit stones from other players (for crones or ecash).

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Banned
    You don't get it. It implies that we no-life that game. No one is such a nerd like you strellan, we all have our lives and we don't live by and through rohan.

See, I didn't log yesterday, its like 4 days I missed PA because I had other stuff to do. I just logged 1h before ruler so we could have our pvp fun for it (was fun eventho I bugged and had to relog when raler was almost dead ggwp).

To answer your question strellan : What is there left to do once you have everything?

- pvp. Winning tsbs. Winning pvp fights. Winning bossdrops to gear people (its a neverending thing). No one care about getting gears or getting powercreep. Powercreep was the reason why everyone left jin. Not only we saw what it did to Jin, but we also saw how bad was p2w game. Everyone had +12 feathers, +12 clubs or higher, and everyone was hitting 40k to 80k regs on characters that had 100 to 120k hp. Totally unplayable.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 08-09-2014 at 09:44 AM.

With the activities that I have planned you will still have to farm
    Lool, who do you think you are?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast