+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Banned
    I don't want a change of the rates, just try your luck making a chimera +6 a few times but if that fails a +0 is fine aswell.

PvPing on Isen = you get hit 4k reg 6k crits with club +6 and chimera set +0 while having ~40-50k hp (which is my hp atm and i'm only 102). We're far away from what happens on Jin where templars actually hit 50k reg in one swing, or on Ran where templars are pvping 94%dd defenders and hit 1000 dmg.

2 full parties took around 10 minutes to kill ruler (get rekt shtji l0000l), while on Jin ruler was dead in sometimes less than 30 seconds with only 2 templars.
    Last edited by OrdinoArcalis; 08-08-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Everybody's perception of how pvp goes on ran is way way way way off. Seriously try it before you talk about it. Anyways nobody is arguing if its balanced or not in fact the game is real balanced if we all wear e-fro and tier 1 weapons you should try it some time. We are arguing about gear progression aka: keeping people entertained in the long run because if it only costs 5m crones to have the standard in weapons then there is a problem with the game you didnt work hard to get anything there is no sense of accomplishment you are in limbo forever your adventure never started nor finished in fact you dont even have an adventure. A game where you have no defined win or loss point is not a game at all if you cant reach the endgame gear you lost if the endgame gear is chimera then you won in 1 day what kind of game is that?

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Banned
    Said the str templar. l0l

what entertains people is pvp. When Euthen was here we had almost 1 year without changes and everything was well. Pvp at ruler was populated. Then they introduced walters medal at first. People spent tons of money to get a +6, they almost all ragequitted. Then ferkhans were released in big5. People gambled for it, they almost all ragequitted. I was the 1st to get it and with a free coin, but that never happened to people who had to spend 200, 300, 400 coins before getting one.

Then we found out we could make +12. Everyone made +12. Then we had 50% scrolls. Then we had talismans. Then we had conqueror levels. Then we had upgraded bossdrops. And then with that "game progression", people were hitting 60k regulars on 80-100k hp characters and then everyone of the few people still staying on Jin left.

gg, I don't want game progression, I want pvp with normal amounts of damage. Everyone saying everything is well atm and not broken, and everyone is scared about getting released ton of shts for the sake of "game progression" that is going to screw again that game.

- release costumes that are 20 allstats, focus on game content like dungeons, new bosses, ingame events, and whatnot instead of releasing items for the ballers that are going to kill again the game.

I even suggested to change the spawntime of bosses so we could pvp more often for them. PlW already listened and extended PA twice a day, the next step that would be a good move would be to reduce spawntimes of those bosses (while ofc lowering a bit the droprate of boss items)

Keeping the rates as they are is good, if that can last 6 months with everyone with chimeras +0 or +6 that would be even awesome so we could have some decent group pvp for bosses.
    Last edited by OrdinoArcalis; 08-08-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinoArcalis View Post
    Said the str templar. l0l
    Thanks for derailing because you have nothing left to say I guess this part applies to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    We give a lot of freedom in our forums that not every community forum does.
    If you don't play, haven't experienced anything, and you just love creating turmoil in the forums, forum ban incoming.

what entertains people is pvp. When Euthen was here we had almost 1 year without changes and everything was well. Pvp at ruler was populated. Then they introduced walters medal at first. People spent tons of money to get a +6, they almost all ragequitted. Then ferkhans were released in big5. People gambled for it, they almost all ragequitted. I was the 1st to get it and with a free coin, but that never happened to people who had to spend 200, 300, 400 coins before getting one.

Then we found out we could make +12. Everyone made +12. Then we had 50% scrolls. Then we had talismans. Then we had conqueror levels. Then we had upgraded bossdrops. And then with that "game progression", people were hitting 60k regulars on 80-100k hp characters and then everyone of the few people still staying on Jin left.

gg, I don't want game progression, I want pvp with normal amounts of damage. Everyone saying everything is well atm and not broken, and everyone is scared about getting released ton of shts for the sake of "game progression" that is going to screw again that game.

- release costumes that are 20 allstats, focus on game content like dungeons, new bosses, ingame events, and whatnot instead of releasing items for the ballers that are going to kill again the game.

I even suggested to change the spawntime of bosses so we could pvp more often for them. PlW already listened and extended PA twice a day, the next step that would be a good move would be to reduce spawntimes of those bosses (while ofc lowering a bit the droprate of boss items)
    Powercreep is an inevitable problem for all mmorpgs they need to give you new content and if the new content is weaker than the old content than its useless. People used to fight over r4s until they could all fight over silva and people used to fight over bez after that (with a small period of 51s before that). People used to fight over bez eyes but then ruler came out and summon events with 15 kasas people used to craft insurgents but boss drops are superior until the rates get boosted by 300% and now people want +12s and +18s instead. I could ramble on about powercreep for hours but the point is all that you said is irrelevant to this conversation. Powercreep is inevitable all that we can control is the timeline for it which rohan does really well. I mean 6 years and all we got is people going from 4k to 50k? thats really slow compared to some other games out there.
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 08-08-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Need help? PM me

Banned
    I did edit, re-read, strellan the dramaqueen.

I edited as well just FYI

Need help? PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    Powercreep is an inevitable problem for all mmorpgs they need to give you new content and if the new content is weaker than the old content than its useless. People used to fight over r4s until they could all fight over silva and people used to fight over bez after that (with a small period of 51s before that). People used to fight over bez eyes but then ruler came out and summon events with 15 kasas people used to craft insurgents but boss drops are superior until the rates get boosted by 300% and now people want +12s and +18s instead. I could ramble on about powercreep for hours but the point is all that you said is irrelevant to this conversation. Powercreep is inevitable all that we can control is the timeline for it which rohan does really well. I mean 6 years and all we got is people going from 4k to 50k? thats really slow compared to some other games out there.
    Nope, powercreep isn't a problem. Look at counter-strike. That game lasted almost 15 years. From beta 5.2 to 1.6, there hasn't been increase of power of the m4a1 or the awp. There even has been a "nerf" of the awp because of that deagle/awp bug that made you fastswitch. That was removed in 1.6 version. You have noneed to increase power to make players happy, except for people like shawn who were/are permanently looking after the new update of YAMH or idk the name of the cheats used back in cs because they DO have ego problems.

Instead of focusing on power items, focus on game content. New maps, new dungeons, new bosses, new events with, for each, to reward ONE people or TWO to win some items that are a bit more powered than the the normal items ones.

Power Arena is a cool thing in that way, the PA i attended on Isen were hella fun and involved strategy to win it...

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinoArcalis View Post
    Nope, powercreep isn't a problem. Look at counter-strike. That game lasted almost 15 years. From beta 5.2 to 1.6, there hasn't been increase of power of the m4a1 or the awp. There even has been a "nerf" of the awp because of that deagle/awp bug that made you fastswitch. That was removed in 1.6 version. You have noneed to increase power to make players happy, except for people like shawn who were/are permanently looking after the new update of YAMH or idk the name of the cheats used back in cs because they DO have ego problems.
    Wait wait wait wait wait wait..... you want to compare counterstrike where you always start at 0/0 KD with the same arsenal available to all players to an MMORPG which starts at lvl 1 and grows to the cap of lvl 99 then grows to lvl 110 then grows to lvl 115 then grows to add 10 conqueror levels? You are not worthy of talking about game development and balance at all. I mean how stupid can you be to even think of this comparison even Gaben would never make this comparison.
    Instead of focusing on power items, focus on game content. New maps, new dungeons, new bosses, new events with, for each, to reward ONE people or TWO to win some items that are a bit more powered than the the normal items ones.
    What are these maps dungeons bosses events going to offer? its its the same or worse than what you have then there is no need.
    Power Arena is a cool thing in that way, the PA i attended on Isen were hella fun and involved strategy to win it...
    Power arena awarding a secondary currency which is used to purchase consumable items like spirit stones also offers power creep gear ever heard of SD armour? you know DD for FFS/DFFS? if it didnt offer that who would participate in PA when it came out? Now PA has changed badge exchange offers spirit stones so now it is worth it to go but there is power creep in every new update because you know what happens when you make an update that is worse than what is already out there? You get the water temple garden lvl 90 mobs with no players inside who would want to level there it is literally the WORST dungeon in the game rewards wise and by design.

Need help? PM me

Banned
    powercreep is a problem when you introduce powercreep. Why some games lasted 15 years ? Because they were good as they were and did not need any updates. Quake III, counter-strike, UT2k4, Dota, Leagues of Legends don't encounter powercreep because there's no OP items released in the game, neither is pay2win, nor has game breaking mechanics.
    Last edited by OrdinoArcalis; 08-08-2014 at 04:10 PM.

you cant compare games that are not mmorpgs to mmorpgs are you out of your ****ing mind?
    you cant compare games that are not mmorpgs to mmorpgs are you out of your ****ing mind?

Need help? PM me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast