+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Commoner

Warning! warlocks feed back.

So guys, most of people don't like to play with warlocks, but with the new server I see that warlocks have alot of potential. YET, there is 1 problem.

I believe that warlock is the only character that needs to use 99% of his skills in pvp.

Which means, he needs more skill points. I hope you GMS put this in mind, warlock can be used in pvp/pve in the same time, is why he needs more skill points.
    Because out of his 41 skills, he uses 34 skills in pvp, and 1 for ses/skills reset which I think will be used in this server. Add to the 35 skills that are being used in pvp, 3skills that are not used in pvp but are used in pve, which are Health coil, Mana coil and Count Blow. Then there are these skills that arent being used at all and they are 2 Broken Barrier and Portal warp+ wide pollution that is not used for warlocks build.

So basically warlock uses 38 skills for pvp and pve, you need 5 points on every skill 5*38= 190points, but he only gets 115 skill points.
    Last edited by Bledo; 07-24-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I disagree.

Warlocks need many skills, yes - but you're not short on skillpoints. That's the whole ordeal on having different builds. Eventually you'll have to choose on being full out pvE or fullout pvP or a mix therein. Either how it's more than managable and yes, I've been with great warlocks back in the old days and I've farmed together with one for a looong time (ok granted, SHE farmed - I talked).

If nothing else, get your less important skills lvl 2-3 or 4 and ses them up to the desired lvl.

Also, why wouldn't you use the coils in pvP????

As for Count blow,, really?

I'm sure there are some guides on warlocks to be found - I can't get it now, i'm still at work.. they aren't updated to the new changes, but lots of it is still applicable if you're going for an int build. Nowadays it's a fanfest to go full vit but i'm kind of against that °°°°°°-°
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I disagree.

Warlocks need many skills, yes - but you're not short on skillpoints. That's the whole ordeal on having different builds. Eventually you'll have to choose on being full out pvE or fullout pvP or a mix therein. Either how it's more than managable and yes, I've been with great warlocks back in the old days and I've farmed together with one for a looong time (ok granted, SHE farmed - I talked).

If nothing else, get your less important skills lvl 2-3 or 4 and ses them up to the desired lvl.

Also, why wouldn't you use the coils in pvP????

As for Count blow,, really?

I'm sure there are some guides on warlocks to be found - I can't get it now, i'm still at work.. they aren't updated to the new changes, but lots of it is still applicable if you're going for an int build. Nowadays it's a fanfest to go full vit but i'm kind of against that °°°°°°-°
    Coils damage sucks, and if they are used in pvp other important skills will not be up. You don't get it, building the WARLOCK skill tree ONLY will take the most points, which will leave nothing for other skills in the mage tree like Frozen Ice which I for sure need it 5, debuff which I need it 5, magic reflection which I need it 5, Broken Bag which I need it 5, tarming mind and cold wave which I need them 5 as warlocks don't have many stuns "ses'd later ofcourse".
    You may need to take a look in warlocks build for sure.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsinthesky View Post
    Well, humans and dhans could do with extra sp too, but the point of limiting SP is to create build diversity.
    I know, i'm just saying warlocks have these great skills to be major op, just if they all are lvl'd well.

Warlock can have mirror, fake death, frozen ice, root, stun, 60% debuff, level drop, ability drain, broken treasure. Those all skills that can greatly affect on others, beside the great magic damage that he deals can make him super op. But in order to do that u need to max most of these skills.

Commoner
    With insurgents chain+12 and his ability to drop MP, leaving the other opponent USELESS.

I can tell you because I am a former expert on warlocks that they dont need extra SP. A lot of their skills dont scale well with lvl 6/7 take for example grasping root its only 10% more damage and 1 second duration for lvl 6 save a sp get it to lvl 4 and cap it with an SES. AOE toxic pot same thing 2 seconds and 1 target more for 1 sp save it get it lvl 4 cap with an SES. Break ability has 30 second cooldown so really you only need lvl 1 and cap it with an SES for unlimited uptime (its a 1v1 skill anyways). The burst damage potential is just not there you think you will be able to kill people with an int warlock but that wont happen through the burst damage of energy sphere int beam and magic push it might happen from a good polution mind if you are lucky. People have too much health even on this new server you will see people go past 30k hp which is when warlocks start to become **** but the disable potential will always be there.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    You have all the skillpoints you need to build an effective warlock.

If you can't adapt your skill tree, adapt your gear.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    I can tell you because I am a former expert on warlocks that they dont need extra SP. A lot of their skills dont scale well with lvl 6/7 take for example grasping root its only 10% more damage and 1 second duration for lvl 6 save a sp get it to lvl 4 and cap it with an SES. AOE toxic pot same thing 2 seconds and 1 target more for 1 sp save it get it lvl 4 cap with an SES. Break ability has 30 second cooldown so really you only need lvl 1 and cap it with an SES for unlimited uptime (its a 1v1 skill anyways). The burst damage potential is just not there you think you will be able to kill people with an int warlock but that wont happen through the burst damage of energy sphere int beam and magic push it might happen from a good polution mind if you are lucky. People have too much health even on this new server you will see people go past 30k hp which is when warlocks start to become **** but the disable potential will always be there.
    First of all, I didn't say something about 6's and 7's, im talking about making them 5 THE BASE/FIRST points.
    Okay I may agree u with the toxic pot. But I rather have break ability lvl 6 so I can cast it on 2 people than having it 1..lol @ at break ability is 1vs1 , break ability isn't necessarily a 1vs1, if you used it on a dhan and left him to go he would not be able to use most of his IMPORTANT skills for along time, same for wizzs. Lol @ burst wont be enough to kill anybody, you for real, idk where u get these infos from but they are 100% false, as a good warlock has enough MORE than enough magic damage to take anybody down, and that has been proven by [Emo]NightMare on ran.
    Last edited by Bledo; 07-24-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    You have all the skillpoints you need to build an effective warlock.

If you can't adapt your skill tree, adapt your gear.
    Why can't I adapt both, and no, I don't want to be "effective" warlock, I wan't to be main hardcore character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bledo View Post
    First of all, I didn't say something about 6's and 7's, im talking about making them 5 THE BASE/FIRST points.
    Okay I may agree u with the toxic pot. But I rather have break ability lvl 6 so I can cast it on 2 people than having it 1..lol @ at break ability is 1vs1 , break ability isn't necessarily a 1vs1, if you used it on a dhan and left him to go he would not be able to use most of his IMPORTANT skills, same for wizzs. Lol @ burst wont be enough to kill anybody, you for real, idk where u get these infos from but they are 100% false, as a good warlock has enough MORE than enough magic damage to take anybody down, and that has been proven by [Emo]NightMare on ran.
    Proven by brett? Yeah I am sure a warlock with no IM killed anybody dont forget that he was in MY guild I would know best what he can do. Having said that break ability is a 1v1 type skill it only works on targets that can last the duration you put it on a wizz he throws himself into the equality bubble and its gone problem solved. If you are sitting in a pvp looking for people to use break ability on then you dont know how to play idk why I am even talking about warlocks to you its evident that you lack the mental capacity to play one.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me