+ Reply to Thread

Hunter vs Mage - Isn't the Newer Always the Better?

Hello everyone,

I am a Mage, not yet have mastered this class tho, but still a Mage, precisely a striving Mage. Why striving? Life's not easy like it used to be for us? Yes. Let me tell you why Mages are striving for their places.

I created this thread basically out of fear.

Mages aren't abundant like they were almost a decade ago. Technology advances each time passes. Players' demands were also increasing. At last, a slight leaning of rules of impurity of background became acceptable.

Slingshot punks are appearing, Guns are created, and allowed. Bows and Arrows which strike through multiple enemies are discovered.

Many people chose to give up their staff, and turn their attentions from a die-to-learn magic, to the trigger easy job, the Gunners (the Job2 of Hunters), who could threaten the magic users off their positions with advanced, inappropriately timed/placed modern age technology equipments such as merciless guns. A gun, is a breakthrough weapon, as history told us that the inventor of one would have all the wants. One who holds such weapon could conquer Shiltz kingdom, and even could kill Swordmaster Duran from range without his knowing. One question is, who is the one who invented it in Shiltz, was magic not able to do the job, and why didn't he/she uses his/her own weapon to use to conquer the kingdom? Only the creators of the world know this and probably their wisdom is enough to be still able for them to maintain balance in the world. (enough)

There is balance simply evidence could not prove, it takes time and exposure.

Since there are Hunters as a job, more players come and prefer to play them more than Mages. They seem strong in terms of one hit damage, which Mages hold as a main strength, as well as ranged attacks. I often get nervous or feeling inferior if I face one in a hunting or dueling. Their Job2, notably Gunners, are frightening. they can one-hit-kill everything that would make Fire Wizards' jobs seems done.

My concern is, do you agree if Hunter is better job than Mage, and could overtake them someday due to many similarity, and somewhat upgraded in specifications, such as long range & one hit kill, so people will choose Hunters than Mages?

What we need as an answer is: What Differs Mage from a Hunter, and Why are They No Weaker than Them.

I don't need quick answers or replies, just let this thread be here for us to discuss for future soon-to-be Mage players who are anxious about their choice.

Feel free to reply, or to ignore.

(my AutoUpdatePlus is not working currently and I refuse to spend time somewhere else, I love this game.)

Hunters need a lot of AGI (about 80-100) to be able to hit high leveled monsters, while Mages need no AGI at all since their magic will always hits.
    Gunner's main skill might be scary especialy if it crits, but it has a very long cooldown (about 8 seconds), while Mages or Wizards have a lot of big damage magic skills to chose and spam for.
    Gunners don't have elements and if they add element on their weapon that only increase about +20% of their damage (cmiiw), while Mages and Wizards have Ice / Fire magic element that increases their damage to +50% on appropriate monsters.

I have both and I like them both.

I have seen Mages with good equipments, +7.G staff, +7 .XG acc, +7 Angel Link.XG, pet with OD% and full int deal 30k+ dmg being only level 120ish.
    Yes Mages don't need agi because Magic always hits.
    Also, Mages have longer range, they can hunt the mirrors in ice castle while hunter can't.
    I play Hunter and Assassins so far they are my main and I know their cons pretty well
    Hunter need a good ammo and is expensive to repair ammo durability
    Hunter needs decent agi to hit, Hunter's accuracy buff has long cooldown so they can't efficiently hunt if full str without a priest. But when the Hunter acc buff is ON, hunters can hunt monsters 20 levels above their current level. I hunt lizardman at level 85 solo.
    Last edited by bacquerel; 07-23-2014 at 08:35 AM.