+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    We steered away from all the uber power influx by having a separate Item Mall. We are aware of Blunt Mastery and how much everyone of you love with fiery passion. I have discussed time and time again with the devs about it but until I get a confirmation date of when changes like that will happen I can't just say SOON FRIENDS! Trust me, I'll be dancing of joy when we get confirmation of any changes on blunt mastery and hero skills.
    Well I have been thinking about the new server once again and it might turn out bad. What I mean by this:

Let's say you want to make a character that is maxed out. You will need the whole opaniel's set +12 and opaniel's weapon +12 + opaniel's accessory thingy that I don't really know what it is all about.
    Now you want to make all your chimera items into opaniel's +12. Let's say you are lucky and you get everything in the first try. That's x6 boosting for a single item which means you have to spend 6x149rp for the booster and 6x299rp for the abradants. That is a total of 2688 RPs for a single item. Now you have a templar so you need a shield, a weapon, a chest, a tasset, a helmet, gauntlets and boots + accessories. Thats a total of 8 items which gives us 8x2688 RPs = 21504 RPs. And that is only when you get it all in the first try and we all know what the boosting rates are.
    Now check all the bonuses from the opaniel's set:
    armor=40all stats; tasset=20all stats; helmet=15all stats; gauntlets=10all stats; boots=10all stats and the bonus set effect from 5 items which is 150all stats. That is a total of 245 all stats.
    Now you can put armor and weapon stones which is 50 stat points for armors and 100 stat points for weapons. For armors it gives us 6x50=300int+300vit. Weapon gives us another crazy stats with attack force, crit, dd and attack speed options.

Then we have walter's medals again. A +7 one gives us a big boost for attack force and all stats.

When we add it all up we will not only get a crazy amount of RPs we have to spend in order to get all this but the person who finally gets all these items is gonna be hitting as hard as temps in jin server.

If that is not uber power influx then this game isn't called Rohan.
    And the point of this server was to make it affordable for everyone so anyone can compete in pvp and so on. I think you have to seriously reconsider the vision of this server or this project will die as fast as it was born.
    Last edited by Krzak87; 07-23-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtony View Post
    Since people are focused on this thread, I thought I might get an answer and help. Does rohan work on Windows 8 computer? Just wondering..... Or are there any specific files that I will have to download? Thanks.
    stay raaaad

server is fine, there's already some 6x on server ;D

EPIC post of the year award goes to Krzak87.
    And this is what I'm talking about in a nutshell, broken down.

Let's not forget constant 30% scrolls and stuff. How much does a new player have to spend to be 'competitive' end game ? I'm talking top tier PvP with all the best stuff 24/7. Short answer, way too damn much. The price to try your 'luck' for 30% scrolls will kill the active, around the clock PvP like Rohan used to be. Nobody wants to get rick rolled 10k times and drop mega $$$ on Lucky7 only to get the brown end of the stick.

And LOL @ all that stat inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzak87 View Post
    Well I have been thinking about the new server once again and it might turn out bad. What I mean by this:

Let's say you want to make a character that is maxed out. You will need the whole opaniel's set +12 and opaniel's weapon +12 + opaniel's accessory thingy that I don't really know what it is all about.
    Now you want to make all your chimera items into opaniel's +12. Let's say you are lucky and you get everything in the first try. That's x6 boosting for a single item which means you have to spend 6x149rp for the booster and 6x299rp for the abradants. That is a total of 2688 RPs for a single item. Now you have a templar so you need a shield, a weapon, a chest, a tasset, a helmet, gauntlets and boots + accessories. Thats a total of 8 items which gives us 8x2688 RPs = 21504 RPs. And that is only when you get it all in the first try and we all know what the boosting rates are.
    armor=40all stats; tasset=20all stats; helmet=15all stats; gauntlets=10all stats; boots=10all stats and the bonus set effect from 5 items which is 150all stats. That is a total of 245 all stats.
    Now you can put armor and weapon stones which is 50 stat points for armors and 100 stat points for weapons. For armors it gives us 6x50=300int+300vit. Weapon gives us another crazy stats with attack force, crit, dd and attack speed options.

Then we have walter's medals again. A +7 one gives us a big boost for attack force and all stats.

When we add it all up we will not only get a crazy amount of RPs we have to spend in order to get all this but the person who finally gets all these items is gonna be hitting as hard as temps in jin server.

And the point of this server was to make it affordable for everyone so anyone can compete in pvp and so on. I think you have to seriously reconsider the vision of this server or this project will die as fast as it was born.
    i <3'd that post, thx!

then add all the ases's, scrolls, game parlor stuff.... yea, its all way over priced... ive never seen a subscription fee over triple digits for a game.... and thats just looking at it from an RPs standpoint.... try being a free player lol.... youre looking at 3x anything the spenders put in...which is so ridiculous... like i said, increasing EM tax is a far better idea....so long as you get rid of the ecash..

oh yea, and make more non-tradable items ingame to increase usage of the EM.
    Last edited by littledevall; 07-23-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    Long Live Rohan!

Banned

Epic post.

+10000.

just stay with chimeras and get rid of opaniel and tali shyts.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 07-23-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Banned
    Your maths are wrong tho.

2x149rp for the booster and 2x299rp for the abradants. 298+598 = 896 rps spent if 1st try +12 for a single item.

896 x 8 = 7168rps charged for the whole set if EVERYTHING is +12 first try (which isn't going to happen, we all know what the rates are)

then you have the chimera accessories, which are 4 parts. You can add another 896 x 4 = 3584 rps spent to exchange them for some bossdrops. IF first try. Rumored to be some enhanced bossdrop ?

Abradant in badge exchange center worth 140 badges. We're getting 10 badges if in winning side. So thats 7 days of farming PA, not missing the 2 PA events, and being in the winning side each time to get ONE abradant. Only one, if you want to obtain it ingame.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 07-23-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eikniwt View Post
    Your maths are wrong tho.

2x149rp for the booster and 2x299rp for the abradants. 298+598 = 896 rps spent if 1st try +12 for a single item.

896 x 8 = 7168rps charged for the whole set if EVERYTHING is +12 first try (which isn't going to happen, we all know what the rates are)

then you have the chimera accessories, which are 4 parts. You can add another 896 x 4 = 3584 rps spent to exchange them for some bossdrops. Rumored to be some enhanced bossdrop ?

My math is right:

chimera +0 to chimera +12 = 2 shots +6 = 2x 149 RPs + 2x 299 RPS = 896 RPs.
    chimera +0 to opaniel's +12 = 3x 2 shots = 3x 896 RPs = 2688 RPs
    the whole set = 8x 2688 RPs = 21504 RPs

Banned

Awards Showcase

We'll make sure to closely look at character progression and make the needed necessary changes.
    We will potentially notify removal of the Walter's Medal from the Honor System or cap the Walter's medal to +3.

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    We'll make sure to closely look at character progression and make the needed necessary changes.
    We will potentially notify removal of the Walter's Medal from the Honor System or cap the Walter's medal to +3.
    Just that won't really help.
    Like @eikniwt said, the solution might be leaving just chimera's items in this game but not really. And if u just keep them remove armor stones OR slots in chimera set.

umm, wat?

look closely at character progression, maybe reduce walters to +3, wat about tha rest ? and the rediculous cost involved ? and that's with success let's not talk about fail rate of rohan k

you need to address this post a bit better then this m8