+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Loader Error

Unhappy Loader Error

I download the game yesterday and loader gives me an Error ''Failed to Download Files , Try again'' i tryed everything from rebooting to restart the PC but still not working.I had a private rohan installed but i totally removed it.Im 100% sure that its not my network because its a very fast one with very strong connection to make sure i plugged the cable from my router to my laptop for direct connection not wi-fi.
    I played rohan a long time ago on the very first servers , i really want to play again on the new server that will be on in 22
    If someone can help me please?

Host File Modifying Solution

Dear Valued Users,

We've investigated this issue that private server has modified their users' hosts file. Anyone who has same issue that tried re-installing ROHAN files but not not working yet, please try this way. Here is a solution:

Windows Vista and Windows 7
    Vista and Windows 7 use User Account Control (UAC) so Notepad must be run as Administrator.

1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories

2. Right click Notepad and select Run as administrator

3. Click Continue on the "Windows needs your permission" UAC window.

4. When Notepad opens Click File -> Open

5. In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

6. Click Open

Windows NT/2000/XP
    1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad

2. Click File -> Open

3. In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

4. Click Open

After open the Notepad, there will be a line such as:
    127.0.0.1 login.playrohan.com << Delete this line

Delete any other lines written as 'playrohan.com' in there. And, do not forget save the file before close it.

Best Regards,
    Playwith Support Team
    Last edited by camino; 07-17-2014 at 11:58 AM.

http://imgur.com/GNYm0jL

Please check this screenshot.
    This is the Notepad, and please try to delete a highlighted line and save the file again.

Thank you , i use windows 8 so i will try to figure it out

Thank you!
    Really appreciate!
    Hope everybody with this problem will see the Thread and....Enjoy Rohan !

For ppl who cant edit or cant do a system restore.

u can redefine the Hosts file back to the default.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034/en-us

just click em "Fix It"

Work for me, im updating my rohan again.
    Clarissa, Templar of Downpour
    SPP's Daughter

Hey guys, my friend got a problem seems like something is wrong with his windows 7 and he cant get full acces so he cant change the host files and he is unable to patch the client..Any suggestions? We tried the microsoft support but still nothing.It required a PC restart but after that it was still the same would be really cool if some of you know how to fix this.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spase View Post
    Hey guys, my friend got a problem seems like something is wrong with his windows 7 and he cant get full acces so he cant change the host files and he is unable to patch the client..Any suggestions? We tried the microsoft support but still nothing.It required a PC restart but after that it was still the same would be really cool if some of you know how to fix this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Google "TakeOwnership" and be sure you Disabled Aivra/Avast or any other Firewall.
    Then Edit the Host File & remove the 127.0.0.1 login.playrohan stuff and it shoud work.

BUT be sure you got the Full Access for it

ive noticed no gm's ask if a persons computer has crashed recently while rohan is running....BIG FLAW DUMMIES. verenbaen tried telling me to do the exact same thing and it had nothing to do with MY problem, which was my pc crashing during gameplay.....i had to delete a file or something inside the rohan folder...i dont even remember the file name D:

TO ANY GM THAT READS THIS, IF THERE ARE PROCEDURES WROTE DOWN FOR THIS FIX, IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO WRITE STEP ONE AS #1 ASK THE USER IF HIS/HER PC HAS CRASHED RECENTLY DURING GAMEPLAY. instead of giving them an answer to a completely different problem, like in my case. when crap like this happens, id say its the duty OF ANY gm to advise other gms about the problem and its solution. THIS DOESNT SEEM TO BE THE CASE!
    Last edited by littledevall; 07-22-2014 at 04:01 AM.
    Long Live Rohan!

Fixed. After 3rd time of running the microsoft fix that Iskrem posted and restarting the pc everything was fine.
    @littledevall Does your game crash with some kind of message or no? Maybe you can post a SS of it or write what exactly it says u?