Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61
  1. #51
    the easiest way(not the best) to balance this version of rohan is:
    -remove ALL scrolls (this is what make templars and avangers hit so hard, 30% melee/magic(or 50 LOL), 30% all stat, 30% crit)
    -nerf spirit stones (55% attack, 45% attack speed on temp lol), event server with glacial weapons? - for me it would be pretty balanced
    ATZIGAN CAN YOU CHANGE FARKHANS FOR GLACIALS +11 WITH 60% TO 1 ATTACK OR HP AND 50% DD ON EVENT SERVER, YOU WILL SEE HOW MORE BALANCED IT WILL BE
    -nerf blunt a bit - remove attack speed from it - we know ynk won't rework it, nerf templar's debuff
    -fix heroic power

    and we have almost balanced server
    Last edited by Sados21; 07-12-2014 at 07:33 PM.

  2. #52
    There isn't any way to properly balance this version of Rohan any more.

    Strelley yes it's possible to hardwire weapons to drop with set + or % attack forces, just the same as staves are hardwired with mana %. To be honest though if you're going to have a set amount of + attack per weapon part it would just be easier to increase the base weapon damage itself, although of course having the stat there looks nicer Unfortunately + attack isn't a possible random stat for drops which is annoying so back to the drawing board, however I'm doing a bit of experimenting with craft gear.

    A +30 crafted weapon has near enough the same damage output as a max % 5th tier weapon. I wonder how intentional that actually was eh. At the end of the day I need to remove as much % attack as possible from the system and replace it with + be it stats or attack. Gathering and producing is boring and expensive to say the least and way too challenging for people with low defence and mobility. I need to find some way of incorporating crafted weapons into the forging system or somehow get sockets working on non-crafted gear. None of that is as simple as you'd hope and probably beyond what I can do.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sados21 View Post
    the easiest way(not the best) to balance this version of rohan is:
    -remove ALL scrolls (this is what make templars and avangers hit so hard, 30% melee/magic(or 50 LOL), 30% all stat, 30% crit)
    -nerf spirit stones (55% attack, 45% attack speed on temp lol), event server with glacial weapons? - for me it would be pretty balanced
    ATZIGAN CAN YOU CHANGE FARKHANS FOR GLACIALS +11 WITH 60% TO 1 ATTACK OR HP AND 50% DD ON EVENT SERVER, YOU WILL SEE HOW MORE BALANCED IT WILL BE
    -nerf blunt a bit - remove attack speed from it - we know ynk won't rework it, nerf templar's debuff
    -fix heroic power

    and we have almost balanced server
    If they are gonna do all of that then they might as well just re sell 2 upg parts (but for glacial) with shiny option stone thats 57% dd minimum and 70% max (but DD cap so really its 57-60%)

    Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte28 View Post
    There isn't any way to properly balance this version of Rohan any more.

    Strelley yes it's possible to hardwire weapons to drop with set + or % attack forces, just the same as staves are hardwired with mana %. To be honest though if you're going to have a set amount of + attack per weapon part it would just be easier to increase the base weapon damage itself, although of course having the stat there looks nicer Unfortunately + attack isn't a possible random stat for drops which is annoying so back to the drawing board, however I'm doing a bit of experimenting with craft gear.

    A +30 crafted weapon has near enough the same damage output as a max % 5th tier weapon. I wonder how intentional that actually was eh. At the end of the day I need to remove as much % attack as possible from the system and replace it with + be it stats or attack. Gathering and producing is boring and expensive to say the least and way too challenging for people with low defence and mobility. I need to find some way of incorporating crafted weapons into the forging system or somehow get sockets working on non-crafted gear. None of that is as simple as you'd hope and probably beyond what I can do.
    Can you take a look at armour penetration? the stat you can get on power arena weapons I dont know how potent it is at "penetrating armour" but I wonder if giving the weaker classes weapons with this base stat (bows and xbows mainly) this armour penetration stat just like staves have mana % would change rangers much.

    Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte28 View Post
    There isn't any way to properly balance this version of Rohan any more.
    They could make it a ton better with a few minor changes. Looking at what you've suggested and showed in your video, the guards hitting about 400 damage regulars and the berserker about 300 damage regulars but critting harder. This is vs toons with roughly 35k hp, meaning their average regular is roughly 1% of total hp.

    Now translate this to live Rohan...if you have two decently geared toons beating on eachother with dd glacials for 1200 damage a whack...it would play almost exactly the same as your version as long as people were to have 120k hp. This is where the new talismans and costumes could come into play nicely if they'd make them more defensively focused, like the 500 vit costumes people seemed to give overall positive feedback on.

    Only differences between live and your version really is that on your version more of your stat total comes from gear, where as on live its from buffs, so debuffs seem like they'd be less crippling on your version. Also, like you mentioned, the whole templar thing, where they are able to unfairly benefit from % boosts way more so then other classes. Its not so much that they couldn't vastly improve this version...its just that they won't, because they'd have to do something drastic with scrolls, nerf spirit stones, and actually fix blunt mastery, and well...it doesn't seem like any of those changes have any chance of happening here.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    If they are gonna do all of that then they might as well just re sell 2 upg parts (but for glacial) with shiny option stone thats 57% dd minimum and 70% max (but DD cap so really its 57-60%)
    So if ran is so balanced i have better solution. Make new epic glacial weapon, give 1 weapon of choice to everyone. The game is dead anyway so it isn't a big deal for ynk to give just 1 endgame item (instead of that new talismans that will change nothing)
    pros: u just made 98% of existing players happy and acuqired tons of new players
    cons: i don't see any

    See what EA did with bf 3, they gave it for free to everyone and the game is alive again. Players bought dlcs and ea made money from their old game that noone was buying anymore. Even i bought it before i wasn't mad that it's now for free.

    Before u answear consider that Rohan is OLD and DEAD.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Sados21 View Post
    So if ran is so balanced i have better solution. Make new epic glacial weapon, give 1 weapon of choice to everyone. The game is dead anyway so it isn't a big deal for ynk to give just 1 endgame item (instead of that new talismans that will change nothing)
    pros: u just made 98% of existing players happy and acuqired tons of new players
    cons: i don't see any

    See what EA did with bf 3, they gave it for free to everyone and the game is alive again. Players bought dlcs and ea made money from their old game that noone was buying anymore. Even i bought it before i wasn't mad that it's now for free.

    Before u answear consider that Rohan is OLD and DEAD.
    There is a big difference between a game where you always start at 0 and a game where you are in an ongoing adventure. It doesnt have to be free but if done my way would make it so its rather easy for people to earn ecash to buy them. If they are 2 upg parts then people can sell the other 2 parts + rings + crystals + crones and by selling those you will be able to make enough ecash to buy them.

    You want to remind me that the game is old and dead but thatst he difference between mmorpgs like rohan and wow and tera and fps games like bf3 cs:go and tf2. We are in an ongoing adventure and there every new map you start at 0 kills 0 deaths, choices you made in the past have no impact on the future compared to here where gadwin83 made the wrong choice going to jin and its hurting his perception of pvp balance that he doesnt participate in.

    Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

  8. #58
    where can i get one of those talismans?

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ycgtrtgd View Post
    avengers and templars need better talismans...
    retarded not like they dont have enough boosts lewl
    Also make avaible for Predators/Dekans choose which talisman they would like to carry dont be lazzy!
    Last edited by Fahdy; 07-27-2014 at 03:20 AM.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraszer View Post
    So I just made dragon sage with that talisman:
    defense: 800 - totally crap
    HP- 8k - just another booster and it's helpful
    Intelligence - 350 - what is it for? Magical classes do not exist here anymore because of high magical resistance and skill defense
    dexterity - 150 - for what dragon sage needs dex? There should be vitality here instead pf dexterity

    So to sum it, defense is useless it does not give anything at all, just a sign "you have gained 800 defense", it does not affect melee/range/magic, nothing, simply only an inscription.
    dead or not dead i like playing int fish for fun also why the heck i cannot choose DS tali while im DS 1. not huge difference 2 i do prefer to play int DK instead DS far better

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
modify