3 points mdf / psy
    1 point mdef / int

also lol @ppl thinking strellan is Souljar xD
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by treintram View Post
    3 points mdf / psy
    1 point mdef / int

also lol @ppl thinking strellan is Souljar xD
    I didn't say she is "souljar", and unless shes using 1 of her friends agi dhan, then she doesn't own one like she said before.
    What happened to you was not going to pass you, and what passed you was not going to happen to you.

{Prophet Mohammad}

My agi dhan name is SoJung and when I am playing her I hardly ever die and even if I do die its not a big deal because its easy to buff back up and go again.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    PA buff on that temp dont be silly theres no templar that hits 60k outside of PA on ran. Go onto ran server and ask all the glacial chars in big guilds how much does the average templar hit you for and if they have a chance to react and they will say anywhere from 10-12k and yes they do. Not all classes were meant to be the same either so the fact that another toon with the same gear would hit 3-4ks doesnt bother me especially when you have OS or Storm assault or superior lockdown or more utility. Templars hit harder before too did that stop imba and friends from making dhans and guardians and rangers? nop did tom stop playing his ranger because templars are too strong? did lucas give up on his guardian because templars are stronger (before the stat cap) nop. There is nothing wrong with templars or other classes theres something wrong with the mentality of the average player who wouldnt dare rise to the challenge of playing another class. This talisman was intended to bring other classes closer to templar not to skew the sense of pvp balance because the game is balanced every class has a place in a pvp if you know how to play. The only exception to this is mages because people have too much hp for damage over time skills to kill anyone and their burst damage is nonexistant. Even SPP played a fking ranger in pvp and thats with almost all the OP gear we have now (he left after stat cap). Are you telling me you are worse at this game than SPP?
    Templar:
    DPS-Highest in the game.

Defense- High boost in pure PD from Mental Barrier, Shield for more pure Pdef, Block Rate, good Mdef, Elemental Resistances means that you will almost never ever take damage from Frozen, Blazing, Divinity, or Darkness.

Tactical Defense/Survivability- Reflection, Heal, Group Heal Instant Heal, Euphoria, Group Euphoria, Release from Roots AND Stuns every 30 seconds (Vanishment > cd of most Roots and Stuns.)

Tactical Offense- 1 long-duration root, 2 stuns, single target debuff.

Scout:
    DPS- Average

Defense- Lowest Pdef of all builds, only Dark Elves have lower Pdef because of their armor... but DE's have Shields. Their Magical Defense is not worth mentioning.

Tactical Defense/Survivability- A 10% boost in mobility that almost never saves you, Sprint, which has a 10 minute cd, while Dhans have a 5 minute CD. A Root release with a 3 minute cooldown time, this is crap. Cold Wave has a 20 second cd, Mind Blast is 20, Piercing Root is 40, Rangers can release from Stuns AND Roots, AND have WF.

Tactical Offense, 1 Root, and a combination of skills that can put a target at over -100% mobility, keeping them in place for a few seconds. However, this takes a long time to use, does not work 100% of the time, and your target can reach you while doing this. Then again it doesn't matter much when people have Sprint Scrolls.

So, in EVERY aspect, Templars are superior to Scouts. Tell me again how Templars aren't OP, classes are balanced, and people just don't know how to play.
    Last edited by bloodybladez3; 07-12-2014 at 11:16 AM.

I'll tell you what the problem is with ALL classes and why balance is so out of whack - too many percentage boosts across the board.

If you look at many other mmos you will find that any % boosts you find in them aren't common and provide much lower boosts. I've played WoW for a couple of months (and subsequently got bored) but I took a lot of inspiration from it and have tried to apply it to Rohan.

What I've looked into is the removal of melee/ranged/magic % from weapons and replacing it with the equivalent amount of + stat. This means around 4000 str/dex/int are needed when you look at "classic" 5th tier loadouts. I've spread that out onto earrings, eyewear, rings and weapons and this means weapons will have around +1400 when ancient using a max stat new ring. The drawback of this means reconfiguring skills from top to bottom, specifically those that draw their power from + stats like wizards and such. Buffs are reduced to 10% boost at level 7. I was lucky and managed to get my first guess at most adjustments right, meaning that tanks have pretty much the same amount of HP as before but normal builds have more (compared to non-epic/upgrade classic gear) meaning the HP gap between tank and normal is smaller.

Both have a "max" strength weapon, 4x Artisan V +30, +300 str eyes and ears.

The interesting thing is that despite all the extra int, due to the lack of % bonus on weapons the templar no longer has access to their triple % boost and they're balanced. That's balanced to everyone but tempfags of course.

And before Steve Lee starts getting his thong in a twist, this is NOT an active pserver, just a proof of concept exercise identifying where YOU went wrong and what YOU have failed to deal with time and time again.

dat name plug

I think some %age is nice like I have been playing tera with one of my friends recently and my rings (im max lvl) give 3% damage and 2 "power" or my weapon will deal 9.5% more damage and give 8 "power". I think instead of making weapons with 1400 str why not change the str stat to give more attack atm its 1 str/dex/int = 3 attack what if it was 8 or 12 instead

Need help? PM me

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Still haven't found an mmorpg where any class felt as fun to fight as the guardian class in Rohan Online - sigh.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I think the warrior class in tera reminds me a lot of guardians but harder since you cant target people always have to manually aim.

Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    dat name plug

I think some %age is nice like I have been playing tera with one of my friends recently and my rings (im max lvl) give 3% damage and 2 "power" or my weapon will deal 9.5% more damage and give 8 "power". I think instead of making weapons with 1400 str why not change the str stat to give more attack atm its 1 str/dex/int = 3 attack what if it was 8 or 12 instead
    I can't change stat outputs that way myself but with what I've changed so far I can't believe myself how balanced it all is and how everything is just slotting into place. Multiple high % stacking is the root cause of all Rohan evil but there wouldn't be anything wrong with the odd % boost here and there.

I think one thing I like the idea of is the big numbers. Even if the output would be the same I would much rather see 1000 str as opposed to 200 str. The larger numbers also have another advantage in that the stat spread of dropped items is increased. There's just not enough gear varieties or possibilities when the drops go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-14%, it's max or nothing. When you change it to str with a max of 300 on a level 100 drop and 30 equal increments, the lion's share of stat drops being around 60-80% max with higher ones very rare, you start to see a lot more usable parts and a continuing desire to squeeze out a few more points of str.

Craft items now come perfectly into play because their +30 values match perfectly with the stats needed to counteract the lack of %. This is what surprised me the most. What if reinforce rates were 100% success and you were only limited by farming time to upgrade those crafted parts? Forged parts for focused stats, craft gear for hybrid builds.

Everything is already there. It just takes someone to realise it.

p.s. Alternatively I could just make + melee/ranged/magic attack appear on weapons instead of % which would require less str/dex/int but this would mean a more difficult rebalancing of skills and buffs.

p.p.s. I hate you Strelley, you just made my creative juices flow again. My problem with + attack forms would be templars getting dual stat pieces but then I realised I can assign + attack to use 2 points out of the possible stat pool instead of the usual 1 so that for + attack to drop it would first need to be a dual stat piece and if it rolled + attack then it could only have + attack on it.

This would mean going back to working out what stats are needed for the same output but that's bread and butter to me. It's a lot more work overall though because the stats available on accessory items need to be looked at again and reworked followed by a LOT of skill and buff changes... again.
    Last edited by Neophyte28; 07-12-2014 at 04:13 PM.

oh my the p.p.s is just so confusing haha

how hard would it be to hard wire base stats into the weapons?

like what if each tier 5 sword had 11.5% increase in melee with a bonus 1% per rare and a bonus 2% for uni and a bonus 4% for ancient (total would be 53% melee for having the ancient weapon) then all you are doing is gathering weapons with the big stat range like 10-50 <stat> or 2-7% <non DD options> (attack speed move speed damage reflection weapon attack etc) or 1-3% crit.

To make this work you would have to make 2 versions of each weapon one with their attack force (melee for swords/maces/axes/daggers/duals/polearms, range for bows/xbows and magic for staves) and one with hp (for all weapons)

This would make weapons more unique for sure and easier to obtain so people can get into pvp as fast as possible and not have to get their butt kicked for 6 months while they farm a weapon.

I am worried that you would have to make more memory space for these weapons since we might go over the maximum unique options you can have.

Need help? PM me