+ Reply to Thread
    Banned

Costume section in item mall...

Dear GM's,

Costumes in this game can be kinda neat, but currently, I dislike the costume section in the item mall so much I would rather just go without. Basically, I would clump everything in to two sections...set items that would be cool but you can't just buy them as a set, and items that are just so bad they serve no purpose other than flavor. So, with that being said, my suggestions to improve this section, and make people actually make me want to charge some rps to buy some costumes.

1. Just sell set items as a set. The vampire hunter, egyptian, persian, balrog, crimson chaser, pioneer, mad hatter, and looney mask all have set pieces that you can't just buy. You guys have the numbers for sales...I bet your not pushing very many of them. Think back to when we had the costume boxes in the PIM that gave you a full matching set of whatever you randomly popped, for 15 or 30 days for like 450 charged rps or whatever they were, those were selling like hot cakes. Could we go back to that please?

2. Trash items. Most of the things in the costume section are just so bad, I wouldn't want them at all, here is some of the reasons why.

Eye/Ear pieces are just useless. Why anyone would purchase any of those weak, crappy temp items when you can just get chimera acc off the EM that are better, permanent, and not all that much more expensive is beyond me. You should seriously consider buffing them a bit, and selling them for dirt cheap. Anyone who has been around for a while is going to be smart enough to just get chimera or absolutes...why not make these pieces at least be something decent for new players to help them out until they get something better.

Outdated items. 10 allstat hats...20 allstat costumes. No thanks. The only redeeming quality is some of them look cool. Why not make them look cool and be decent? For example...the old plume type helmets and phalanx armor. This has always been one of my favorite looking costumes. Way back when I started...the stats on them actually mattered...but now, they're just bad. Why not update some of these items. Perhaps with this example, especially since they are a matching set with no set bonus, why not make them a set, and set their stats equal to that of the persian/egyptian/vampire hunter costumes? The skins are already in the game, is it really that much work to modify them a bit so they aren't so useless. Same for some of the single items, like the taji/wing chun uniforms. Maybe buff these so they are at least the same as spirit armor.

Costume boxes. I know I mentioned them previously...but when they were first introduced every time you popped one you got something good, and sometimes, you got something great. I didn't care if I didn't pop the best possible thing, because even popping a 15 day egyptian costume, I still felt like I won, and when I needed more costumes, I'd just pop some more boxes because I was going to win every time. Last I heard of anyone buying them, you just got trash. I never heard of anyone complaining with the old costume boxes in the PIM, the price was reasonable, and people actually got what they wanted. Now I'm scared to even buy one because I just figure I'll get a stupid speedo costume or some other garbage with terrible stats that amounts to a waste of money.

So while I'm winding down my rant here...think of it this way. You guys are literally selling pixels. Why make the whole costume section suck, its not like it cost you more money to spawn copies of one costume vs another. Back to the old PIM boxes...I could charge 20 bucks and buy some of them, and get enough good costumes to last me for a few months, and once in a while I might have been lucky enough to get an awesome costume. Its was like going out to dinner and for a reasonable price getting a good meal, and once and a while they randomly throw in a free dessert...you'd go back to that place again. The current costume section is far from giving me that feeling, and well, I'm not going to spend any money there.

I know I can get some of these items from the game parlor as well, but wtf, why gouge us like this? I'm ok with it if I charged some rps hoping to get one of the big items, and maybe I get some costumes, or scrolls or whatever as a consolation prize, but if all I want is a few persian costumes, and I charge maybe 30 bucks for some keys for the royal family, there's a good chance I won't even get a month worth of costume. This just puts a sour taste in my mouth and makes me feel like I got dumped on.

With a blunt mastery nerf on the horizon I'm pretty tempted to start getting back into this game, but at the same time if I'm going to charge rps I want to at least feel like I got some value for my money. Please give the costume section a much needed overhaul, its one thing I know you guys can do without Korea that I'm sure would receive positive feedback from us players.

I cry about costumes all the time. They don't care QQ

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Banned
    Yeah I don't get it. People like the variety costumes add. People like the costumes with useful sets. They can fix this without even adding any more stat inflation to the game...just set some of the useless costume skins stats equal to the stats of some of the decent costume skins. When the boxes were like 4 bucks a pop and the worst you would get would be a 30 day spirit armor, or a 15 day persian/egyptian/vampire hunter set, and if you were lucky you got something longer lasting or better, they sold like hot cakes.

Now when I look at the costume section its a total joke. When I run out of costumes...I'm just not going to buy anymore since the selection sucks so bad. If I charged 4 bucks before and pulled a 15 day persian set I felt like I just won, if I pulled a 30 day I felt like I hit the jack pot, and that still wasn't even the best possible pull. Now I can spend 2.39 on a 15 day persian head, thats pretty much useless because I can't buy the body.

I just don't get it...when they were cheap and decent it seemed like almost everyone was buying them, but then they changed it so the only way to get the decent ones was to gamble in the game parlor, and they can't figure out why so many people abused the piss out of Rohanopoly free roll. At this point they'd be better off making costumes cheap and decent again, making rohanopoly decent again, and just doing away with the daily coin, since its pretty much garbage now anyhow.