+ Reply to Thread

Symbols Appear in Character Names - Can't Delete

Following the server changes long ago from Ohn to Ran, our characters had to be retyped. I've only played my main since then on my this account. When I renamed my other characters I typed their names, and instead of saying the character names aren't available, the renamed characters had random symbols appear in their names following what I typed. These were not symbols that I typed. Now When I attempt to delete these characters, the game tells me the names I typed were invalid, even if I attempt to type the symbols they have shown either via alt codes or copy paste.
    Has anyone else come across this problem or have a solution on how to delete these other characters? I figured I should ask the community before I ask the GMs.
    I'm willing to provide pictures if it aids in explaining what I mean.
    Thanks!
    Hejix - Int Sage - Commander of Dredd, Veteran of Censored - SOLD
    JesterHead - Int Sage - Veteran of SoulsMeanies - ACTIVE on Ran

Step 1. Join a Guild
    Step 2. Open up guild menu (press G)
    Step 3. Find name in guild list and click on it
    Step 4. Click on "Delegate Authority" tab at top of guild list.
    Step 5. At bottem of Delegate tab, you'll see your name in a box, click on that box and highlight your name.
    Step 6. Press Control + C
    Step 7. Remove your character from guild.
    Step 8. Go to char select screen, click on char, then click on delete.
    Step 9. Click the delete box, press Control + V (chars name should now be in the box)
    Step 10. Press confirm and delete char.

I've done this a few times, if your having problems let me know where at and I'll try to figure out where your going wrong.
    Joey
    115 Str Defender
    Commander of RestInPieces

If you don't want to delete the characters themselves. You can submit a ticket to GM's and use this method to spell the characters name correctly in your ticket and explain what happened. If your lucky you may get an intelligent GM who will help you out and just fix the name and remove the special characters.
    Joey
    115 Str Defender
    Commander of RestInPieces

Thank you for the quick response! I'll give the first method a try first! ^^
    Hejix - Int Sage - Commander of Dredd, Veteran of Censored - SOLD
    JesterHead - Int Sage - Veteran of SoulsMeanies - ACTIVE on Ran