+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    Good luck trying to balance anything if you can't make server specific changes, do an rp buyback of epics/upgrades, put a hard cap on DD, or just ignore Ran server completely for all future balance changes and balance the game around Jin, which is more like the Korean server we are getting content and updates from.

Its ok if you nerf/get rid of epics/upgrades. They aren't making the game any more money, they are impossible to balance around, and trying to balance around them just leads to two screwed up servers. With the exception of templars just being outright broken, most of the issues Jin has had over the years has been due to inflated IM garbage that was necessary to keep people killable on Ran, and realistically if look at all classes on Jin that don't use blunt mastery, its not like things are really unbalanced, its just damage is a little high across the board.

Do the right thing Aztigan, fix the problem from the root, if your actually going to be implementing some changes just do it right. If you are actually going to make a legit attempt to make the game more well balanced then it currently is you need to stop hamstringing yourself by trying to work around mistakes that were made years ago.
    Yea umm......no, why not just completly wipe all items from both servers if your gonna do that

Well that escalated quickly...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfDaSouth View Post
    Yea umm......no, why not just completly wipe all items from both servers if your gonna do that
    Because weapons on Jin aren't an issue. I don't think you realize what a piece of **** your dhan is going to be because of upgrade DD soon as people start using skill defense. Even if your consistently hitting 150k dpp's, factor in 70dd and 36% skill defense, which isn't too tough to hit and is likely going to be a range people with good epics are close too for damage mitigation. Templars might be a little lower on the dd but are going to have more skill defense off their shield, and dual wield humans are probably going to be higher on the dd and right at 36% skill defense.

150 x .3 x .64 = 28880 damage, against people that all have inflated hp...yeah thats not going to be an issue. Have fun never being able to kill anyone who's willing to click a pot.

Good luck if you come across one of those dual wield humans over 80, or even 90 dd. You'll be lucky if a dpp is even hitting 10ks. Do you see why upgrades are stupid yet? Nothing is going to be balanced around those broken numbers, even if you ignore Jin you could never even balance Ran when you have a handful of people that are going to be over 90 dd, and other people in the 5x range. You can't balance anything when you have a minority of players taking 1/5 of the damage other players are taking.

Just like THHs thread like this some months ago and now again with this one, why is it that next to no vids are being posted? But yet people can take the time to sit here and whine and complain and what not but cant take a few moments out of their time to make a few vids? Yea ok who knows if anyone will actually take notice of the vids, but they are being called for so why not get your acts together and make some?

If people can sit around and make hours and hours of useless pvp vids for no good reason other than to boost their e peens and egos then why cant those same people just do what is asked for once? *rolls eyes*

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfDaSouth View Post
    I agree mostly, but with dhans all it takes is 1 good debuff and the dps is cut in half, for temps they can just rebuff themselves and keep on whacking away, Its just too easy (which is why I refuse to play a temp) and really how many dhans do you see that can do that? 2-3? Only the really geared ones. Or suicide nabs lol
    I agree with this. Not just for dhans but all combo classes. One debuff or, or even a well timed shot with some form of cc skill can totally screw up your combo and your pretty much gimped for an entire cool down cycle, and depending what your playing may be pretty reliant on someone else to rebuff you. That's why damage for combo classes in combo should be significantly higher then a temp just whacking away with regulars. Your rolling the dice on a combo class...maybe you get lucky and land that whole combo and do some nasty dps, but quite a bit of the time something happens to screw it up for you, where as on a templar they make their dps by being unstoppable for the duration of reflect. That's where the trade off should be...you take your chances with maybe hitting a big damage spike with a burst skill or know your going to be doing steady damage with reflect.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    Just like THHs thread like this some months ago and now again with this one, why is it that next to no vids are being posted? But yet people can take the time to sit here and whine and complain and what not but cant take a few moments out of their time to make a few vids? Yea ok who knows if anyone will actually take notice of the vids, but they are being called for so why not get your acts together and make some?

If people can sit around and make hours and hours of useless pvp vids for no good reason other than to boost their e peens and egos then why cant those same people just do what is asked for once? *rolls eyes*
    I don't understand why the GM's can't just do it. Are they really that worthless they want players to do their jobs for them? Spawn a bunch of gear on a test server and see what kind of numbers different builds put up...is it that hard for them?

Sure you get the ones on here crying if you nerf temp damage pvp will just be giant cc fest for endless hours, but I can't help but wonder...what did people do in pvp before temps were massively OP, did pvp events go on endlessly for the first couple years of the game? People would just adapt...things like using stun resist armor more often, and if templar damage wasn't so crushingly stupid they wouldn't have to be primary target so often, but I guess that's too much for templar fanbois to fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    I don't understand why the GM's can't just do it. Are they really that worthless they want players to do their jobs for them? Spawn a bunch of gear on a test server and see what kind of numbers different builds put up...is it that hard for them?

Sure you get the ones on here crying if you nerf temp damage pvp will just be giant cc fest for endless hours, but I can't help but wonder...what did people do in pvp before temps were massively OP, did pvp events go on endlessly for the first couple years of the game? People would just adapt...things like using stun resist armor more often, and if templar damage wasn't so crushingly stupid they wouldn't have to be primary target so often, but I guess that's too much for templar fanbois to fathom.
    I guess its the players themselves that know the races inside and out, The Gms don't spend as much time as we do playing/ pvping with them right? (well I assume that to be the case) so why not come to us for the video input needed. We the community know what works and what doesn't. As stupid as that sounds, that's mho.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

u dont need to wipe items from both servers.............seriously jin has 200k hp dekans

200k is more then enough to compete on ran
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired

and i would pick ceazar to beat 99% of the ran temps with his current templar
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    I guess its the players themselves that know the races inside and out, The Gms don't spend as much time as we do playing/ pvping with them right? (well I assume that to be the case) so why not come to us for the video input needed. We the community know what works and what doesn't. As stupid as that sounds, that's mho.
    Precisely. Being a "nonfactor noob with no real endgame experience and lack of PvP knowledge," and due to all of the accusations made about the GM's not knowing anything, why exactly should our word be what's immediately interpreted? Hell, it even seems like the devs believe this as well, seeing as they deliberately won't do anything despite the fact a formal report was made for the changes, because we don't have "actual game footage" of things being broken/OP.

As Koph said, this is a business. The devs don't see the problems firsthand, and would be stupid to act on mere impulses from managerial staff. From their perspective, we're just crying "OP" without any real reasoning/evidence. Why make a decision which has such a severe effect on the game if no evidence is obtained?

Last time it was about my claim not being legitimate and a waste of time for eveyone. This time, people are just mad by the prospect they're being asked for input/evidence.

For that first video, I thank the person for posting it.

~┤HellHunter - Ranger (Jin)├~
    ~┤Mystery Character surpassing HH (Jin)├~
    Quote Originally Posted by kiosk05 View Post
    Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p
    Have a problem? Look no further
    READ THIS NOW FOR ACCOUNT SECURITY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast