+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    You are illiterate. Do you know who or how many people have even 85% dd (and up)?
    How am I the illiterate one when the only thing I asked you is for a value you think it is fair for a templar regular to hit for that is effective on the high end of the dd spectrum on Ran without being massively OP to people on the average to lower end. Can you please answer that question?

But since you refuse to have a semi-intelligent conversation and instead resort to immature name calling, I guess it just makes it obvious to anyone(hopefully Aztigan) reading this thread that it is impossible to balance around Ran dd values.

And I'll even be so kind as to answer your question for you. The number of people with 85%+dd is probably pretty close to the number of people who were hitting 100% dd, and well, you cried pretty hard about human offhands being 50%. Funny how that works, isn't it? One week said players are breaking the game, the next eh its just a few people, stop talking about them.

Soo Atzigan, any news with the devs? Got the information you were looking for? We'd like to know what's going on. Personally I wanna know if Feathers are gonna get nerfed (as a lot of people saying so) and what's gonna happen to templars.
    Retiring in few days due to the recent updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredict View Post
    Personally I wanna know if Feathers are gonna get nerfed (as a lot of people saying so) and what's gonna happen to templars.
    They can nerf feathers ingame by changing the values, no patch is needed here, but since I received a lot of tickets explaining that "they are aware of situation, but can't answer it". It's just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraszer View Post
    They can nerf feathers ingame by changing the values, no patch is needed here, but since I received a lot of tickets explaining that "they are aware of situation, but can't answer it". It's just pointless.
    I like feathers as they are Ç_Ç
    Retiring in few days due to the recent updates.

lol ! Ppls Spent much money for +12 feather ! Before neft Feather ask YNK can give back money for them First !!!

Feathers are not getting nerfed just like your verdicts did not get nerfed people need to calm down.

@Gadwin: Your question was answered already in two different posts. The human "phase" ended when people saw it required more IM stuff than all the other classes to keep up just as I predicted. Also they saw dhans were funner than those guardians and took their swords/daggers elsewhere. Having said that there are only 4 people with 85% dd (and up) lucas (guard), celese (priest) and 2 vit defs. And as I said you only need to do 25k damage per second to kill those people which is essentially 3 or 4 people hitting at once.

Since I do not agree with taking away things people earned fair and square... The only solution is to eliminate this "low end" by relasing weapons that will bring the average DD in the bracket of 55%~69%. And I still do not understand why you are talking about the DD difference its something everybody has known for like.....3 years?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    @Gadwin: Your question was answered already in two different posts. The human "phase" ended when people saw it required more IM stuff than all the other classes to keep up just as I predicted. Also they saw dhans were funner than those guardians and took their swords/daggers elsewhere. Having said that there are only 4 people with 85% dd (and up) lucas (guard), celese (priest) and 2 vit defs. And as I said you only need to do 25k damage per second to kill those people which is essentially 3 or 4 people hitting at once.
    You didn't answer my question at all. I asked what do you think is a fair amount of damage for a templar regular was to hit on the high end of the dd spectrum on Ran that's actually threatening without being OP to people with average dd. I'm looking for a number value.

Saying we should resell weaker versions of upgrades with less dd then originals did not answer that question.

Saying its no big deal it just requires 3-4 people concentrating their attacks on a single target does not answer that question.

The reason you won't just give me the simple numerical value I'm looking for is because it doesn't exist, because it is impossible to balance the game around upgrade dd.

Since I do not agree with taking away things people earned fair and square... The only solution is to eliminate this "low end" by relasing weapons that will bring the average DD in the bracket of 55%~69%. And I still do not understand why you are talking about the DD difference its something everybody has known for like.....3 years?
    Why am I talking about dd again...simply because this is the first time in years a gm has actually made a thread where they even remotely claimed to give a **** about game balance. If they sincerely want to balance they game they need to realize how impossible it is to balance the game around inflated upgrade dd even with just the values present on Ran, which again, is why you won't just give me a simple answer to the simple question I have asked you multiple times.

You keep talking like its just a tiny, tiny amount of people on the high end of the dd spectrum, and I thank you for bringing that point up, because if PW wants to continue to see this game prosper they need to realize at some point the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. A hard cap on dd would have a negative impact on few, and a positive for many, where as your proposal of offering watered down upgrades with less dd then the originals would just have a negative impact on most, and a positive impact on....well, nobody really, since you still don't address the issue that too high of values on the high end on the dd spectrum are impossible to balance around.

Bottom line is if a few people on Ran logged in and some of them lost 5 or 10 dd due to a dd cap, while in the extreme cases of dual wield human maybe they lose 15 or 20 (but offhands could return to 50% so they'd gain other stats) they would continue to play, where as trying to balance around broken inflated dd values at this point either pretty much destroys Jin, or will leave Ran with players that are practically unkillable if the devs were just to say screw Ran we're going all out Jin. Go ahead and propose reselling slightly weaker upgrades just so nobody can get something quite as good as what you have, if they ever pull a stunt like this and merge servers they just wiped out their Jin population...where people are playing to get away from epics/upgrades, and anybody on Ran who already has an upgrade really has no reason to buy a weaker version of an upgrade.

You dont understand anything :| its like talking to a wall.

The ones that I am selling are not as weak as you make them out to be and people have to suffer with not having the same things as other players all the time.

An example weapon: (Note: The split and Enchanted pieces are the upg ones so elite 16% and broken 17% will be used)
    Glacial Split Sword:
    63% melee
    80 all stats
    45 str
    70% hp
    *DD Rolls done by RANDOM.org* 7+7+13+6+18=51% dd

The only value that is a little low is the %hp and that is because we dont want over the top dekans a max of 104% hp will suffice compared to the upg's max of 120%.

Its like you selectively read only the things you are interested in which drives me nuts.
    The second thing I would do is merge jin and ran because this two separate worlds concept is hindering balancing efforts. Once we are all united & on the same page it will be easier to understand the problems.
    Forget that part? Its easy to balance the game around upgrade DD its called sell the damn upgrades on both jin and ran. Its fools like you who hinder balance, selling two upgrade parts opens up the most roads for people to earn the upgrade parts.

They could sell any of the following items:
    1) The two weapons (Elite and Broken)
    2) Accessoreis for ancienting
    3) Crystals for reinforcing
    4) Crones for refining
    5) Improved option stones if you farm in r5 like me.
    Along with anything else that sells on the EM. Not to mention they could just buy it for RP.

As far as merges "destroying jin" you dont know what you are talking about and have no justification for that claim. Jin's increased drop rate means that jin players have more rulers than ran players (also the fact that there are a large chunk of ran's rulers collecting dust on old chars). The only difference between jin and ran is that ran players have higher reinforced gear (which can be fixed in 7 days with a reinforcement stone/delux pres sale).

Playwith should seriously consider this it could generate a lot of money for them compared to the silly treasure pocket event that failed on every front.

Also combining the two servers together makes other things cheaper (Chim eye/ear for example) the only part that troubles me is all those tali weapons that are going to go to waste. Maybe we should have a tali exchange for some stuff lolz
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 12-01-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Not totally failed, I got some 400% in case i'd want to level some lowbies :P

Banned
    Its like you selectively read only the things you are interested in which drives me nuts.
    What is a value you think is fair for a templar regular to hit people on the high end of the upgrade dd spectrum that is still a threatening amount of damage without being massive overkill to someone with average dd? I've asked you that like 18 times, if its so easy to balance around upgrade dd why can't you just give me a simple numerical value for an answer. I don't want any words, just give me a number please.

Forget that part? Its easy to balance the game around upgrade DD its called sell the damn upgrades on both jin and ran. Its fools like you who hinder balance, selling two upgrade parts opens up the most roads for people to earn the upgrade parts.
    If it is so easy to balance the game around upgrade dd then please give me a value you think will be fair for a templar regular to hit someone with 50dd that is also fair for people on the upper end of the dd spectrum.

As far as merges "destroying jin" you dont know what you are talking about and have no justification for that claim. Jin's increased drop rate means that jin players have more rulers than ran players (also the fact that there are a large chunk of ran's rulers collecting dust on old chars). The only difference between jin and ran is that ran players have higher reinforced gear (which can be fixed in 7 days with a reinforcement stone/delux pres sale).
    Yeah let's just forget that piece of Rohan history where epics/upgrades demolished the playerbase and the only reason divinity(jin) exists was to get some of these players back.

Also combining the two servers together makes other things cheaper (Chim eye/ear for example) the only part that troubles me is all those tali weapons that are going to go to waste. Maybe we should have a tali exchange for some stuff lolz
    So people on Jin who already spent tens of thousands of rps to reinforce gear to the +8-12 range all get the shaft, because its much easier/cheaper to do on Ran and for the same investment we could have already had +14-18 gear, and every weapon on Jin who people spent tens of thousands of rps to get parts/forge/enhance, other then maybe craft clubs(depending if/how they fix blunt mastery), become absolutely worthless. But don't worry, it might make chim acc devalue a little. Oh wait...why would anyone on Jin who has already invested in chim acc want to see them devalue anymore when they are already cheaper then +4x stat acc or good dual stat acc were before chim were introduced? All your proposal does is give Jin the double bitch slap, once because all their gear is suddenly worthless/worth a lot less, and twice because they would have to dump tens of thousands of rps/hundreds of dollars into buying upgrades and reinforcing gear to a level they probably could have already had it at with the same investment it took to get it to a lower level on Jin.

All this when the major reason why we can't balance at all between servers is because of upgrade dd, which gets even more comical when I've already proven again and again you can't even balance upgrade dd between average upgrade dd and the upper end of the spectrum. That is, unless your willing to give me a value you think is fair for a templar regular to hit someone in the 85+dd range that is actually able to kill them, but isn't massive overkill on someone with 50dd.

And then...there is also that whole factor that everything our version of the game sees has to go through Korea. Korea is balancing around the same dd range Jin has. Why on earth would the gms want to deviate further from the Korean version? Skill defense is a prime example...its a nice change on Jin, but stupid on Ran...well that is unless you think the only way to ever die should be by blunt mastery auto attacks.