+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast
    Ive quietly lurked for the past couple of weeks because I have been so busy but I will just give my 2 cents.

30 sec reflect is a bitch. Ill trade anywhere from 30-40% reduction in my damage for my old reflect back. At the moment if any pvp lasts longer than those 3 reflects you get chain vacumed and since vacume outlasts reflect it kind of just removes a person from the entire scope of the pvp. No need to kill him debuff him sleep him etc past few times ive gotten chain vacumed in pvp i literally just hopped on my mount and sat there hoping to die.

Aside from that the fact that people like to ignore the correlation between templar players and owning good gear makes me laugh. Any respectable templar has all the talismans, the best costumes, scrolls, buffs, rings etc. Because if you are going to buy steroids for your char might as well feed them to the char that runs the fastest (although jupa would disagree since he can kill 6x dd priests with his bare hands). Just do the tests THH & Atzigan, put the top end gear and IM on the class of your choice and see for yourself how large the gap is.

To sum it up reflection sucks vacume is overpowered as **** and even if you nerf the damage some content is going to come and fix this problem so im not really concerned that much.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

delete all.
    create rohan2.
    make rohan2 just as bad at this.
    call it a day.

What ruined that game most isn't p2w (it is problem but many games work with that) its 'pay to play templar to win'. I know many ppl that could play that game if only class they choose and pumped $$$$ into was competitive. Templars are the ones who are winning bosses/TBs/wars, u can't win that as guard/ranger/dhan/dekan, yeah u can kill them 1v1 but that game isn't balanced about 1v1 (every1 kill each other in 1-3s, who attack first win) but about mass pvp, and there only templars matter (as dps) and supports (def, priest, wiz). Most templar players started as other classes and then changed to templar because its only competitive dps in game.

As you see that topic is about all classes balance but discussion is only about templar, thats the proof templar is the biggest problem, after buff to all dps classes (cheap upgrade feathers), all but templars are pretty balanced, dekans aren't that big problem anymore (skill def help too).

Now when i know Blunt Mastery formula (thx Ishtaria) and after making my own temp (7x but now i see how op it is)I came up with idea how to fix Blunt Mastery. The problem is int divisor (yeah u were right ShadowAce, but ur solution isn't good). After I saw 20all stat (queen fairy) give me ~500melee i was like WTF o.O, moreover i had no scrolls so probably for full scrolled/buffed 115 temp it's about 1k melee or even more. So when we know what problem is then delete it, yeah i mean delete int divisor and convert magic at constant 1:1 rate (1000 int rate), it's fair, temp still will get adventage from all attack and it will be still doubled by %melee modifiers.

It will work with all orginal servers, sorry but custom items servers can't be balanced, devs should balance the game with items that are only available in game and are obtainable by all players. Devs makes changes to all version of Rohan, they can't focus at 5%(probably upgrade/epic users are even less then 5% off all oficial rohan server players) of Rohan community.
    Last edited by xgrubas; 11-29-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Ive quietly lurked for the past couple of weeks because I have been so busy but I will just give my 2 cents.

30 sec reflect is a bitch. Ill trade anywhere from 30-40% reduction in my damage for my old reflect back. At the moment if any pvp lasts longer than those 3 reflects you get chain vacumed and since vacume outlasts reflect it kind of just removes a person from the entire scope of the pvp. No need to kill him debuff him sleep him etc past few times ive gotten chain vacumed in pvp i literally just hopped on my mount and sat there hoping to die.
    1 skill make all auto attack classes useless (not only templar) - ur solution buff templar(reflect)

Just nerf vacum, and 40s silences too, in that short pvp we have now debuffs can't last 1m, it's not like old days where 1v1 lasted 5m or even more. Now u will come up with wizards problem, solution: change guard's roha blesing, avanger's shadow etc. to something like 25s duration and 60s cd, 50s duration is useless when wiz/temp will just debuff it
    Aside from that the fact that people like to ignore the correlation between templar players and owning good gear makes me laugh. Any respectable templar has all the talismans, the best costumes, scrolls, buffs, rings etc. Because if you are going to buy steroids for your char might as well feed them to the char that runs the fastest (although jupa would disagree since he can kill 6x dd priests with his bare hands). Just do the tests THH & Atzigan, put the top end gear and IM on the class of your choice and see for yourself how large the gap is.
    This will show nothing, every1 will just 1-2 shoot each other.

I have better idea: put on every1 twins, 2x upgraded feathers(can be +0), chimera earring/glasess, standard chimera/glacial weapon, glacial set, lion, alm scroll, 30% hp scroll, 20% attack scrolls and then see the difference between templar and other classes. It's easy available gear now at 115. Then put defender(emp 7) to pt with other classes and see how difference is 2x bigger then before.

To sum it up reflection sucks vacume is overpowered as **** and even if you nerf the damage some content is going to come and fix this problem so im not really concerned that much.
    To sum it up u know nothing about balance and no1 would play ur game if u would ever made some.

even if you nerf the damage some content is going to come and fix this problem
    With ur solution by doubling int divisor yes, but not with my
    delete int divisor and convert magic at constant 1:1 rate (1000 int rate)
    , it' permanent fix.
    Last edited by xgrubas; 11-30-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xgrubas View Post
    It will work with all orginal servers, sorry but custom items servers can't be balanced, devs should balance the game with items that are only available in game and are obtainable by all players. Devs makes changes to all version of Rohan, they can't focus at 5%(probably upgrade/epic users are even less then 5% off all oficial rohan server players) of Rohan community.
    This is the core problem that really needs to be addressed. You can't even balance DD even if you look just at Ran. How on earth can you balance a game where some people have 90+ dd while lot's of other people are at 5x? Just to use templars for an example, if they hit for 20k they are hitting most people on the server for 10k, then all the sudden they hit someone for 2k. You can't balance it when you have some people taking 5x the damage other people take. At least with the values on Jin, where most people with decent gear are probably in the 35-55 range, if temps were hitting 10ks, you get people taking between 4500 and 6500. That's actually a workable range as far as what the upper end of dd is taking for damage compared to what the lower end is taking. Trying to balance both servers with a range of dd from 35-90+...is just LOL. You have people on Jin taking 7x the damage as some people on Ran. I'd still love to have anyone give me a value for a dpp or a temp regular or something that could possible work on both servers without being a tickle on Ran or massively OP on Jin.

To sum it up, people taking 5x+ the damage as other people is impossible to balance. People taking 50% more damage then other people is easy to balance. At the very least I'd love for Aztigan to at least tell us if he plans to do anything about this issue or not, because quite frankly if he's not I'm done with this game. Trying to balance around upgrade dd is like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole, its just not going to work. If this is the route the game is going to continue to pursue at least could you please give me the courtesy of allowing me to clear up 8 gigs on my hard drive by letting me know the game is going to stay in its current broken state until it shuts down? ty.

You may think Blunt Mastery convert rate at 1:1 is hard nerf when now it's 3-4:1 (3000-4000int)? yes but temps couldn't hit 3x harder then rest. That class wasn't orginally supposed to be best dps, it was supposed to be medicore dps/healer/cc, u say useless? so they gave him op reflection to compensate. Templar was only played as core dps first by bug(staff buffing) and then by laziness(ynk/pwi is to lazy to make so much different items so they just add all stat/attack to everything). Now u all are accustomed to how the game looks(templar is best dps and have cc immunity, dn make him tanky) and ppl by nature don't want big changes so ynk was scary to change ur habits and completely changing game meta and now it can be too late.

And about templar being OP when only full gear, I use 1 feather +0, valiant ring 30all 120attack, noyde mace, chimera glasess/ear, ignited costume, baseball hat, Walter +3 on my 7x temp(no scrolls) and with emp (my 7x def) i hit 12k pve, soling inter dung boss is no problem, do it on other class.
    Last edited by xgrubas; 11-29-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyIntegra666 View Post
    Forums dead for almost a week now, that tells you alot about the state of your game.
    yeh i just came back after 3 day vacation, and not even really any new posts on forums or threads. i don't even farm anymore in this game that's when i know for me i have no interest at all in this game. before when pvp was dead or whatever was going on i'd still have my farmers logged in. but they ruined everything you can't sell anything anymore, not even eye + ears anymore. glacial weaps? nah not really. they facked rohanopoly completely. because people were using it for their farmer accounts like me. my scout would get a level 7, trophy etc... every month just from rohanopoly but they realized that and screwed it. there is really no reason left to play this game at least for me anyway. even the pvp is boring as shat.

Quote Originally Posted by xgrubas View Post
    1 skill make all auto attack classes useless (not only templar) - ur solution buff templar(reflect)
    On paper yes however organized pvps (that you will never be a part of) know who to chain vacume.
    Just nerf vacum, and 40s silences too, in that short pvp we have now debuffs can't last 1m, it's not like old days where 1v1 lasted 5m or even more. Now u will come up with wizards problem, solution: change guard's roha shelter, avanger's shadow etc. to something like 25s duration and 60s cd, 50s duration is useless when wiz/temp will just debuff it
    Guards dont have roha shelter and silences can be cured unlike vacume. I mean if there was a cure vacume skill I wouldnt mind but lol vacume is too long.

This will show nothing, every1 will just 1-2 shoot each other.

I have better idea: put on every1 twins, 2x upgraded feathers(can be +0), chimera earring/glasess, standard chimera/glacial weapon, glacial set, lion, alm scroll, 30% hp scroll, 20% attack scrolls and then see the difference between templar and other classes. It's easy available gear now at 115. Then put defender(emp 7) to pt with other classes and see how difference is 2x bigger then before.
    Why would you test with sub par gear that would not show anything. The fact of the matter is that nobody has pushed their non-templar char to the max. I am telling you that if you were to put the top of the top end gear on a guardian he would deal 50k knight symbols no combo required, a ranger would deal aprox 15-20k dmg per second thus outdamaging teardrops. Even giants will deal 12-20k dmg its all about gear it has nothing to do with the skills.

To sum it up u know nothing about balance and no1 would play ur game if u would ever made some.
    If by no1 you mean people like you and gadwin83 then im content with this.

With ur solution by doubling int divisor yes, but not with my , it' permanent fix.
    Deleting it is not a permanent fix it only hurts the lower end templars. But sure I guess we can just make a permanent boost event to get chars to lvl 75 and never have to worry about what happens to those lvl 60-75 templars.

On a side note this balance discussion is silly THH/Atzigan know where the problem is but refuse to admit it. Anything that will not remove the lining from your pockets? Balance will never be attained this way.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 11-30-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    I mean if there was a cure vacume skill I wouldnt mind but lol vacume is too long.
    ....I think this is why xGrubas posted that nice picture of Jackie Chan with a brain that was full of ****.

You say vacuum is too long. Your proposed solution is to extend reflect. Mine brains full of **** after reading that too.

How exactly does that solve the issue of vacuum being too long? All you want to do is take the only class that has any defense to vacuum at all and improve that, but screw all the other classes that are already sub par. Great plan.

Why would you test with sub par gear that would not show anything. The fact of the matter is that nobody has pushed their non-templar char to the max. I am telling you that if you were to put the top of the top end gear on a guardian he would deal 50k knight symbols no combo required, a ranger would deal aprox 15-20k dmg per second thus outdamaging teardrops. Even giants will deal 12-20k dmg its all about gear it has nothing to do with the skills.
    I'm hitting low 2x k KS vs mobs, and really the only thing I need to upgrade is +6 feathers to +12, +5 walters to +6, and actually bother to get a WA sword. That's self buffed w/alm, but even still, in order to get that damage up to 50k vs players, those few gear upgrades and popping a scroll would have to increase my melee by what, somewhere in the ballpark of 7x what I'm currently sitting at to hit 50k vs players? In other words, out of combo KS is not going to be hitting 50k damage.

Pretty much what it boils down to is out of combo ks < 1 regular from a templar. Here's Leo's guardian video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N2CxsLDwlE
    Sure it was pre-upgrade boss drops, but that was probably the best guardian to ever step foot in Jin at that point, and even in combo I think I saw a couple KS in the low 20k range, most of them were under that. What would a guard need probably 4x+ the melee that Leo had in this video to do more then 50k KS out of combo? Yeah...that's possible.

But with that aside, the point of testing with mediocre gear is to show that even mediocre templars are still OP, unlike your constant claims that only the best of the best of templars can do anything. Put mediocre gear on a templar and any other class, and the templar hits harder. Put pro gear on templar and any other class and the gap shifts even more in favor of the templar. Put mediocre gear on a templar and pro gear on another class, and the templar still hits harder. Are there guardians running around now that have 3x the melee that Leo had in that video so they can hit 50k outside of combo?

If by no1 you mean people like you and gadwin83 then im content with this.
    Its funny when you say this, but even templar players are getting bored. They make temps so OP you either play one or go home, so everyone either rolls a temp or quits. Your then just left with a small population of people 2-3 shotting each other on their temps, and well, we hit a point where even those guys are getting bored. Yeah me and xGrubas are idiots for suggesting blunt mastery needs beat with the nerf bat. Oh well, funny thing is if you get your way and temps stay stupidly OP games dead anyhow, so have fun cheerleading for a game that won't be around much longer if things continue like they currently are.

Deleting it is not a permanent fix it only hurts the lower end templars. But sure I guess we can just make a permanent boost event to get chars to lvl 75 and never have to worry about what happens to those lvl 60-75 templars.
    Seriously? Your going to try to use this as an argument why blunt shouldn't get nerfed? There's just so much stupidity here. For starters level 1-100 for people with a clue is more then doable in a week or less...so balancing 100+ where you'll spend 99.9% of your play time based upon sub 75 makes just SOOOO much sense, doesn't it? Not to mention, soon as you hit level 50, if you have boss drops, you can probably hit harder without blunt mastery buffed then you could 4 years ago with it buffed at that level range. If you can't figure out how to level you are a failure. Plus you can roll rohanopoly rings/twins, chimera acc, and a walters at level 1.

Worst case scenario, if you are just too much of a blockhead to level, you could always be that guy that has an easy time leveling because you have scrolls and/or a pack and always get into groups, or you could multilog and hk on a savage or psy wiz or something that's ez mode for leveling/farming and just park your templar somewhere to leech xp. I've done it with groups of 6 with 5 toons leeching a psy wiz, its pretty easy to pull this one off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast