+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    Currently an ses about 130 rp, and ases 3-400. If it takes an average of 2.5 or 3 ses to make an ases, the system would currently be pretty balanced. How far away from those values do you think things would deviate if the ases recipe comes in to the game permanently?

There can only be so much of a combined change of ses price going up and ases price going down before this recipe just becomes not really worth using...meaning things won't change much unless adding another sink for regular ses somehow makes their value drop as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    Currently an ses about 130 rp, and ases 3-400. If it takes an average of 2.5 or 3 ses to make an ases, the system would currently be pretty balanced. How far away from those values do you think things would deviate if the ases recipe comes in to the game permanently?

There can only be so much of a combined change of ses price going up and ases price going down before this recipe just becomes not really worth using...meaning things won't change much unless adding another sink for regular ses somehow makes their value drop as well.
    The recipe is going to be there permanently the value wont drop but go up. Less SES on the market as they get used to make ASES. Ases price will probs drop instead :P

Same way as crone selling is once 20m is less than 160 rps after taxes its better to just sell 10m 100 rps.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    The recipe is going to be there permanently the value wont drop but go up. Less SES on the market as they get used to make ASES. Ases price will probs drop instead :P

Same way as crone selling is once 20m is less than 160 rps after taxes its better to just sell 10m 100 rps.
    People aren't going to produce ases that are worth less then the sum of its parts, which means ases prices wont drop much unless ses prices drop...but I don't expect ses prices to drop considering we are adding another sink for them and not increasing their supply at all. The only gray area is going to be equal to the 20% em tax.

I'm also not really sure where your going with your crone example. Only reason to sell 20m a little cheaper then 2x what people are selling 10m for is so you can unload more crone out of your inventory while wasting less of your 30 monthly/10 at a time posting limit on em. Unless there are hordes of people with so many ses's sitting around they can't get rid of them fast enough even if they sell them in bundles of 15 at a bulk discount rate, I don't see how crones applies to the ases recipe at all.

People aren't going to produce ases that are worth less then the sum of its parts, which means ases prices wont drop much unless ses prices drop...but I don't expect ses prices to drop considering we are adding another sink for them and not increasing their supply at all. The only gray area is going to be equal to the 20% em tax.

I'm also not really sure where your going with your crone example. Only reason to sell 20m a little cheaper then 2x what people are selling 10m for is so you can unload more crone out of your inventory while wasting less of your 30 monthly/10 at a time posting limit on em. Unless there are hordes of people with so many ses's sitting around they can't get rid of them fast enough even if they sell them in bundles of 15 at a bulk discount rate, I don't see how crones applies to the ases recipe at all.
    Stupid players undercut eachother all the time what are you new to rohan? Look at the EM now how much is 20m worth? 190m and its gonna go down to 170 by the time I wake up.

More crones get pumped out than we can sell and the same will happen with SES/ASES.

Need help? PM me

Banned
    Stupid players undercut eachother all the time what are you new to rohan? Look at the EM now how much is 20m worth? 190m and its gonna go down to 170 by the time I wake up.

More crones get pumped out than we can sell and the same will happen with SES/ASES.
    *facepalm* With that logic...please explain to me how 20m today is selling for more then it was 2 months ago...but I really could care less about arguing about crone prices.

Bottom line is this recipe will just peg ases price to ses price, and there isn't a whole lot of room for ases value to drop. I don't have the success rates for the formula, but 1 ases > 2 ses. If ses hold steady at 130-150 rps apiece, ases currently selling for 3-400, and will always be worth more then 2x ses...where is the price going to drop to? It would have to be really close to a 100% success rate, and the new use for a regular ses would have to provide no increase in its value in order for ases to have much room at all to decline in value, and I highly doubt both of those variables are going to hold true.

I guess I'll just necro this thread a couple months after the recipe comes in just to say I told you so.

Only way a temp walter might be halfway decent at all would be if you could roll 2 walter +2 and ses for a 15day +4, or two walter +2 and ases for a 15 day +5. At least then they'd be cool to pop on a new toon or alt you don't have a decent walter for yet without being a stupidly poor investment of resources or creating a ridiculously expensive temp item.
    Makes sense, I can dig that.

The value you pegged Gadwin seems right based on ses/ases value vs forged perm walters.

As I mentioned before, they really need to tone down the the frequency of these walters from the honer system.
    Mix it up a bit. Make Rewards more variable/interesting/useful.

Jin server is already becoming oversaturated with perm walters +1 & +2's as it is.

I have not even claimed my guaranteed items from my honor reward yet.
    Between what I can claim and what is already accumulated , I have 46 walters with my name on it.
    Not including the +2's I have sitting in my guild treasury.
    It's too much.

For the record, I never would buy an ases from exchange.
    Ses, I would, early on in my char build up.

I have yet to recycle my ses to an ases, even then if the recycle does produce an ases, there's no guarantee of a successful 7 point, so screw that.
    I'll just sell all the ses I don't need. And I'm not about to sell ases at 400rps a pop on EM, that can and will fail and piss people off.
    I don't feel right about that.

But they can buy my ses and gamble away all they want with recycle.
    That is their choice.

If walters could be recycled with an ases then I can see value for the ases sold on em and the recycle system that can produce them. (ses + ses = ases)

Until then,
    I'll only buy a 100% ases from PM and sell all my ses on EM.
    Last edited by Mirazh33; 05-03-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Heh..... now I get one of those I know something you dont moments ok sell your SES I buy them 100 rps

Need help? PM me

Heh..... now I get one of those I know something you dont moments ok sell your SES I buy them 100 rps
    Sure, be my guest.
    But from my understanding you're on Ran, not Jin

On Jin I get about 120-130rps /after the 20% fee from selling ses on EM.
    So by selling 4 ses I can get one 100% ases on PM.

Since few are following this thread anyhow, I'll bite,
    And ask what it is you know in regards to my earlier posting of practice on selling my ses on EM?

(be nice, I know you can)
    Last edited by Mirazh33; 05-03-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Sorry but that wasnt up for biting and its ok I got chars on both servers :P

Need help? PM me

Sorry but that wasnt up for biting and its ok I got chars on both servers :P
    Welp, now I see what you mean.
    damnit.
    Last edited by Mirazh33; 05-04-2013 at 11:19 AM.