+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHellHunter View Post
    While true, the curve would need to be much steeper than the one you proposed to actually mean much tbh.
    I spent 5 minutes on excel. I certainly hope developers would spend more than 5 minutes working on a formula. Just showing the basic idea of a slight boost to 1-45% dd while slightly lowering 6x-8x dd.

The basic idea being that divinity pvp ranges from say 35-55 dd while ran pvp ranges from 45-65 (RANDOM NUMBERS BUT JUST A GENERAL IDEA)
    Last edited by Kophy; 04-25-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Quit.

Edited my post :P It'd ultimately have other repercussions which you stated you wanted to avoid.

~┤HellHunter - Ranger (Jin)├~
    ~┤Mystery Character surpassing HH (Jin)├~
    Quote Originally Posted by kiosk05 View Post
    Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p
    Have a problem? Look no further
    READ THIS NOW FOR ACCOUNT SECURITY

Edited my post :P It'd ultimately have other repercussions which you stated you wanted to avoid.
    No, because 71 dd is still better than 65 dd lol. Just not 6% better.
    Quit.

It's already close to the point as it is where 65 is almost the exact same as 71%. The difference from 40% to 65% is still huge, though.

Edit: On a side note, I'm going to bed. 8 AM exam tomorrow >.>

Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p

I say just cap it at 70% instead of 65%. I'm only saying that due to the fact theres some 4 parts w/ 7x DD and I don't think it'd be fair for a dual wielding class (whos using 2 weapons) to be out DD'd by a class using 1 single weapon.
    Joey
    115 Str Defender
    Commander of RestInPieces

^technically should cap at 74% then, but then what are you really accomplishing? 74dd still too op unless its dual wield.
    Quit.

I posted this in def discussion so why not post it here too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    I think this is the right approach. Calculations aside its not fair and it is misleading if your 72% dd xbow is not actually reducing damage by 72%. I think it should just cap out at the highest current DD (which is 72) regardless if you combine 2 weapons together or not. Note that a normal forge 52% dd and 52% dd would get you 78% DD.

In regards to dual wielding what we could also do is make them two separate sources of dmg reduction. With a probability to reduce on the offhand.

Lets say we got 2 static 50% dd weapons.

10k hit> 50%dd= 5k (chance to reduce by the offhands dd) (50%/2=25% dd) = 1250 dmg.

Then we can make this chance based on the tier of the dagger

1: 10%
    2: 15%
    3: 20%
    4: 25%
    5: 30%
    6: 35%
    EDIT: I guess you could say this gives offhands a defensive property similar to a shield :P

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by chronos2099 View Post
    I say just cap it at 70% instead of 65%. I'm only saying that due to the fact theres some 4 parts w/ 7x DD and I don't think it'd be fair for a dual wielding class (whos using 2 weapons) to be out DD'd by a class using 1 single weapon.
    I don't really understand what you mean here. Yea, epics/upgrades remain OP but that's just epics/upgrades. Dual-epics would cap the DD meanwhile taking all of those other option items. Jin basically gets nothing about it changed as guards aren't really going being the 65% mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    I posted this in def discussion so why not post it here too.

EDIT: I guess you could say this gives offhands a defensive property similar to a shield :P
    Too complex and too random. I can pretty much tell you now the idea wouldn't get far just because it's such a complicated fix. I also don't know where you're getting said 1250 damage value.

nobody changes anything pls.. i love my defender
    [ [ Chaos ] ]

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots ...

I don't really understand what you mean here. Yea, epics/upgrades remain OP but that's just epics/upgrades. Dual-epics would cap the DD meanwhile taking all of those other option items. Jin basically gets nothing about it changed as guards aren't really going being the 65% mark.

Too complex and too random. I can pretty much tell you now the idea wouldn't get far just because it's such a complicated fix. I also don't know where you're getting said 1250 damage value.
    I dont think it is that complex to implement and this is not a concern of yours since you are not a developer. Let korea decide if this is something that wont work :P

As far as the 1250 dmg thing goes...

10k dmg > 50% dd = 5k > (offhand is reduced by 50% *25% on offhand now*) > 5k*0.25= 1250

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me