+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    First graph was assuming a 10k basic hit. I don't like the idea of capping dd cos

A. 65 DD is still too OP, unless dual wield
    B. It removes value of using two weapons for a defender. Assuming they revert to 20% offhand which I think is bound to happen since its the only simple fix, the 20% hp is not worth the loss of shield skills.
    C. It removes value of 7x+ dd.
    D. My fix should be easy
    Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kophy View Post
    Spend 5 minutes in excel and yeah,

Not perfect, bad for lower DD's even but just showing how its not hard
    Again, I mean it as being difficult to display in the weapon tooltip how much damage reduction will occur. It can't state 50% DD and then just not reduce damage by 50%. One would have to devise a new method of rating DD on a fixed scale which is then applied to the logarithmic function. Again, it's not so much difficult to code but difficult to make such an update without upheaval and meanwhile making it understandable for people looking at stats.

~┤HellHunter - Ranger (Jin)├~
    ~┤Mystery Character surpassing HH (Jin)├~
    Quote Originally Posted by kiosk05 View Post
    Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p
    Have a problem? Look no further
    READ THIS NOW FOR ACCOUNT SECURITY

Quote Originally Posted by TheHellHunter View Post
    Again, I mean it as being difficult to display in the weapon tooltip how much damage reduction will occur. It can't state 50% DD and then just not reduce damage by 50%. One would have to devise a new method of rating DD on a fixed scale which is then applied to the logarithmic function. Again, it's not so much difficult to code but difficult to make such an update without upheaval and meanwhile making it understandable for people looking at stats.
    Simple. Change - Damage Drop 65% to Damage Drop 65.

Then its not a percent so no one can complain
    Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kophy View Post
    First graph was assuming a 10k basic hit. I don't like the idea of capping dd cos

A. 65 DD is still too OP, unless dual wield
    B. It removes value of using two weapons for a defender. Assuming they revert to 20% offhand which I think is bound to happen since its the only simple fix, the 20% hp is not worth the loss of shield skills.
    C. It removes value of 7x+ dd.
    D. My fix should be easy
    1.) They're likely not reverting to 20% offhand because they're unifying the client versions and Korea doesn't have epics/upgrades, so this isn't a problem.
    2.) Defenders can still certainly benefit from other options such as say, weapon attack, crit chance, armor defense, and attack speed. The offhand bonus is more for damage output on the bonus melee attack/stats from their offhand weapons than anything.
    3.) It's a price worth paying. Upgrades have had more than two years worth of glory being unrestrained. Do you really care that much about people with 7x% DD taking another... 9% more damage for the sake of getting rid of 100% DD people? I mean come on :P
    4.) Again, not so much difficult to implement/code but difficult to display to the user in an understandable manner. I'd really like to see how you'd allow percentages to exist in the number but not provide such a percentage difference. I mean you're looking at a number on a 1-100 scale which doesn't actually mean what it says and somehow goes through some obscure conversion factor and yields a net damage decrease.
    Last edited by TheHellHunter; 04-25-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    How would dd change that at all? Whatever comes out ahead on the high dd is going to come out ahead on the low dd. If one came out ahead 100k to 80k over 30 seconds of swing on a 0 dd target, adding 50dd would just mean it'd end up 50k to 40k.

Besides from that, if dual glacial can't do more then twice the damage per hit as dual crafted, which I'd love to test with full boss drops but am too poor, wouldnt the crafted with its extra 52% attack speed and 15% crit come out on top? If not tali even with all the extra str/dex factored in on top of that, how do you think sage would hold up? Aren't the base stats higher?
    Sage is absolute ****. A +6 sage sword gives +92 str. Tah-dah! There's no dex or vit, or extra attack force.

Meh, I like my fix better b/c it unifies Divinity and Solace dd's a little bit so that future skill balances dont hurt one side to help the other. And most of rohans calculations are different than their descriptions, so why does it really matter if its manipulated D:
    Quit.

I also still think 65% is a really high number. So you people should stop complaining about this solution. 65% is plenty, dual wield or not. Think about it, you're taking away 2/3 of the damage that you're supposed to be dealt. That already hurts so many DPS builds. Also, why are you complaining about defender defense? They've got 200k+ hp, a ****ton of block rate with a shield, or plenty of DD with 65% on dual wield. That's how much defenders reach for the most part on Jin and they're plenty hard to kill.

It'd have to be a MUCH steeper curve, and then optimizing would be thrown out the window, and nobody would be sure how to optimize if people don't know the calculation, which I doubt they'd reveal

They wouldn't merge the servers unless some change is implemented which allows Jin to compete with the insanely-OP epics/upgrades. Those weapons aren't OP just because of the DD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHellHunter View Post
    It'd have to be a MUCH steeper curve, and then optimizing would be thrown out the window, and nobody would be sure how to optimize if people don't know the calculation, which I doubt they'd reveal

They wouldn't merge the servers unless some change is implemented which allows Jin to compete with the insanely-OP epics/upgrades. Those weapons aren't OP just because of the DD.
    The -biggest- difference is DD. I'm not saying merge servers, we all know that won't happen. I said for future patches. It's very hard to rebalance classes when the servers have such a major difference with DD. A cap of 65% would work, but I think its better to just manipulate it.
    Last edited by Kophy; 04-25-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Quit.

While true, the curve would need to be much steeper than the one you proposed to actually mean much tbh, being potentially just as upsetting by de-valuing current DD values.