+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Defender Balance Discussion.

Hello there rohan players. This is the respective thread to discuss the defender class. (Pertaining to balance) To try and keep the non-constructive posts down please follow this outline.

Skill:
    What it does at its highest lvl:
    What is wrong with the skill:

Skills that need to be addressed:

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

I'd like to see Str Defenders get a bit of a buff. Maybe lower Fixation CD to 30 seconds (like a guard) or make it a "Transformation" type skill where it can't be debuffed (Like a short term Berserk or Evolve). It'd be a way to make some use out of Leader's Mind at least.
    Vit defenders as they stand... I guess they're alright. Bit too much HP imo, but I guess that's their purpose. Again, same as guards, cap DD to a max of 60-65%.

Capping dd is unfair to people that already have 65+dd , csp it at something like 80%.

Gouken-Defender

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frosticular View Post
    Capping dd is unfair to people that already have 65+dd , csp it at something like 80%.
    Capping it at 80 is unfair to people that have 80+, cap it at 100 please...oh wait it already is. On second thought, thats not fair to people who could hit over 100, if you get over 100 dd getting hit should heal 1% of hp for each % over 100.

Lmao. Capping Damage Drop is completely fair and necessary to balancing the game, and don't be selfish and try to stick up for your own personal needs/wants. 80% is simply too much damage mitigation, I even think 65% is too much, but all the other forum posts that propose this seem to agree on 65% so oh well.

I'm all for capping DD. If you don't wanna die, go full vit, spam tears, sit in sz. I'd set the cap around 70% just for the simple reason that there is a few 4 parts that hit 7x% DD during forge. I would say 65% but I don't see it being fair for a dual wielding class to have less DD than say a certain temp or 2 using those 71% DD maces that are out there
    Joey
    115 Str Defender
    Commander of RestInPieces

We most likely shouldn't let one or two certain people set the trend for the entire 2 servers. 65 DD is already about 2/3 of the damage gone, and that's quite a bit as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by chronos2099 View Post
    I'm all for capping DD. If you don't wanna die, go full vit, spam tears, sit in sz. I'd set the cap around 70% just for the simple reason that there is a few 4 parts that hit 7x% DD during forge. I would say 65% but I don't see it being fair for a dual wielding class to have less DD than say a certain temp or 2 using those 71% DD maces that are out there
    I think this is the right approach. Calculations aside its not fair and it is misleading if your 72% dd xbow is not actually reducing damage by 72%. I think it should just cap out at the highest current DD (which is 72) regardless if you combine 2 weapons together or not. Note that a normal forge 52% dd and 52% dd would get you 78% DD.

In regards to dual wielding what we could also do is make them two separate sources of dmg reduction. With a probability to reduce on the offhand.

Lets say we got 2 static 50% dd weapons.

10k hit> 50%dd= 5k chance to reduce by the offhands dd (50%/2=25% dd) = 1250 dmg.

Then we can make this chance based on the tier of the dagger

1: 10%
    2: 15%
    3: 20%
    4: 25%
    5: 30%
    6: 35%

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    Capping it at 80 is unfair to people that have 80+, cap it at 100 please...oh wait it already is. On second thought, thats not fair to people who could hit over 100, if you get over 100 dd getting hit should heal 1% of hp for each % over 100.
    Lol, I meant if you cap the dd at 65, what about the people who have 71% dd on 1 weapon. So yea, capping it at 65 is unfair.

Gouken-Defender

Quote Originally Posted by chronos2099 View Post
    That's what I meant. I couldn't go into full detail but Good job chronos. +1

Gouken-Defender