+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Avenger Balance Discussion.

Hello there rohan players. This is the respective thread to discuss the avenger class. (Pertaining to balance) To try and keep the non-constructive posts down please follow this outline.

Skill:
    What it does at its highest lvl:
    What is wrong with the skill:

Skills that need to be addressed:
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 04-16-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Biggest thing I see is that it needs to be max geared to even tickle people, and this is costly 24/7 30% scrolls, or your weak. But if you boost it any people gonna sheet bricks. I guess I wouldn't change anything. Katar mastery is garbage, lvl 6 add less then 200 malee and points are better spent in doom trap or reflect. Or even suicide, though I personally have 0 points in suicide

Prince, are you from Ran? Because on Jin servers Str Avengers are frickin beastly. If you place them in an equal gear scenario, they bust a little combo/chain stun and can drop just about any non vit class. They even drop the vit classes after a min or so. Idk how they do on Ran with all the boosted DD/defense and the lower overall dmg output from not using glacial, but on Jin they hit like semi trucks.

Right, the discussion for balance... on Jin it's basically the same problem as temps. Actually, Str Dhans have a higher dps output than Temps do, just without heals/debuffs/reflect. They scale incredibly high with the endgame inflation, with Avengers doing a solid 50-60k dpp (even before the new buff is applied). However, I cannot account for them on Ran, but I can see how they can potentially be way too weak there.

Yes im on ran, 115 OTTO, I kill vit classes, BUT if the guys on avenger here don't spend for full pim, walters , full scrolls, they cant even kill me. nowhere near killing a vit class. I know on the no dd server they are beasts, I have no doubt nearly one shot everything, but here you gotta scratch by as an avenger or be a fail suicide dhan. My char is perma scrolled and max pim IM , but a lot of these guys cant do that,

PS I can now with storm assault hit 6x dd for 60k per hit once it builds. I guess I should have specified about being on Ran. didn't play on Jin so im not knowledgable enough to say anything, I can only guess from what I see hitting some no dd targets here.

What is your weapon? Most good dhans here use a +7-9 66-68% melee, 4x+ str, 25%+ weapon attack katars/swords. This type of weapon has a higher damage output than any upgrade/epic will ever have. Also realize everyone on Jin has much lower hp, with 60k hp being a max for most non-vit classes. 70k if you're a savage and steal some good buffs. But you see my point. Unless you're using max dmg glacials on your dhan, the dmg on avengers on Jin is much higher, and everyone's hp is much lower. Basically, if you get caught by a decent str avenger, you're pretty dead. So you can see how on Jin, dhans just have an incredibly high damage output (unless GMI is on, then it's just lulzy)

Quote Originally Posted by egyptiansk8r View Post
    What is your weapon? Most good dhans here use a +7-9 66-68% melee, 4x+ str, 25%+ weapon attack katars/swords. This type of weapon has a higher damage output than any upgrade/epic will ever have. Also realize everyone on Jin has much lower hp, with 60k hp being a max for most non-vit classes. 70k if you're a savage and steal some good buffs. But you see my point. Unless you're using max dmg glacials on your dhan, the dmg on avengers on Jin is much higher, and everyone's hp is much lower. Basically, if you get caught by a decent str avenger, you're pretty dead. So you can see how on Jin, dhans just have an incredibly high damage output (unless GMI is on, then it's just lulzy)

????????????????????????????????????????????? lol'd at this bro, sure I could get a little more dmg if I wanted to be a dead dhan, and use glacials. But with my 4x 66dd katars +15 im fine, you cnt compare dhans on jin to dhans on ran with a 4x, because hitting each other they would be dead from the first pp, and barely scratch my 80k hp, its like comparing apples to peanuts. Im talking about Ran and everything is different here, Simply put if you don't spend enough on your dhan here your a non factor, glacials here are junk, 5 normal crits if your lucky to last that long

Exactly my point. The point of this isn't to compare a Jin dhan vs Ran dhan though, its to compare Ran dhans vs other Ran characters compared to Jin dhans vs other Jin characters. Dhans are certainly far from being nonfactors on Jin, they're quite scary and in most cases, are a bigger concern in group pvp's than templars and vit dekans. That's how big the difference is between Ran and Jin. I've seen avengers here DPP 70-80k+ at 110. On fully geared characters.

To be clear, the problems with Jin and Ran dhans are almost completely opposite. Ran needs dhans to actually be a little stronger meanwhile Jin needs them to be a bit weaker. Either that, or just balance their overall damage to make a smaller gap between the ungeared and fully geared.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptiansk8r View Post
    To be clear, the problems with Jin and Ran dhans are almost completely opposite. Ran needs dhans to actually be a little stronger meanwhile Jin needs them to be a bit weaker. Either that, or just balance their overall damage to make a smaller gap between the ungeared and fully geared.
    maybe but then we would have to do that with every class, I would imagine on Jin with 30k malee, beze or ruler and basic im pim, , you don't need scrolls to do some nasty dmg, but the 70k 80k dpps your talking about are on maybe 3x dd targets, its not uncommon for me to 2 shot an epic user here, I may be going out on a limb here but I am tempted to say that with storm assault, if a player cant afford to full gear and im/pim his dhan, then agi would be the right choice

also I would like to note that dd is exponential, it isn't a set number yesterday I was building up to 12k dpps on a 97% dd defender, how is that even possible?

as I said before im strictly talking ran, jin I don't play, but like you pointed out the dmg dhans put out there is ridiculous, here we have to work hard to be good, and when you ask about ran dhans today, well there is me and then the rest...and that is partly because most of them quit, gave up, stopped lvling because of what I just said, if your not perma scrolled and buffed on ran, your a non factor, silence pet, or suicide fail dhan
    Last edited by PrinceOfDaSouth; 04-25-2013 at 03:35 AM.