+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Templar Balance Discussion

Hello there rohan players. This is the respective thread to discuss the templar class. (Pertaining to balance) To try and keep the non-constructive posts down please follow this outline.

Skill:
    What it does at its highest lvl:
    What is wrong with the skill:

Skills that need to be addressed:
    Blunt Mastery (int divisor needs to be doubled)
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 04-16-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Banned
    Two changes for blunt mastery so it stops scaling so much better with stat inflation then other class skills.

1. Make it add inflated melee like all other classes have to work with.

2. Stop letting blunt double dip from items adding "attack forces." Either fix these items or change how blunt works with these bonuses.

And to make matters even worse, shield strike works off of blunt values as I witnessed first hand earlier while getting beat on for 11k regulars and a 34k shield strike. Don't really know what level shield strike it was, but at this point in time I'm assuming it wasn't even maxed yet. However, shield strike isn't really the issue, as it wouldn't be hitting for ludicrous amounts if blunt wasn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    Two changes for blunt mastery so it stops scaling so much better with stat inflation then other class skills.

1. Make it add inflated melee like all other classes have to work with.

2. Stop letting blunt double dip from items adding "attack forces." Either fix these items or change how blunt works with these bonuses.

And to make matters even worse, shield strike works off of blunt values as I witnessed first hand earlier while getting beat on for 11k regulars and a 34k shield strike. Don't really know what level shield strike it was, but at this point in time I'm assuming it wasn't even maxed yet. However, shield strike isn't really the issue, as it wouldn't be hitting for ludicrous amounts if blunt wasn't broken.
    Blunt converts magic attack to pure melee. Like I said before when ishtaria doubled the int divisor the melee was almost 1/2ed.

EDIT: oh and I already said that "attack" needs to go.

Need help? PM me

Banned
    That's still not even a legit fix. Its just making them go from stupidly OP to just OP, and doesn't account for any future stat inflation, which is bound to happen. Part of the problem with templars is their damage scales so much better then any other class does. Its just not working out when every +stat increase the game sees, templars get pure melee and every other class gets inflated, and every +attack item the game sees, templars gain a bigger bonus from then other classes. Adding +defense items isn't even a solution because they just decrease other classes damage more severely then a templars. Its so jacked up at this point a templar casting a nuke spell like destruction is an overall loss of single target dps.

Its not really hard to see why templars and vit dekans are so broken, they are by far the two classes that benefit the most from stat inflation, and its just going to get worse and worse if the devs don't address that issue.

Templars were intended on being stable damage dealers thats why their melee is pure in the first place. Doesnt matter guardians and defenders can kill people with their inflated melee NO PROBLEM!

Future stat inflation is bound to happen? Not if players voice their concerns over this stat inflation problem from now. 120 all stat costumes are stupid alm scrolls up for sale permanently is stupid 300 vit accesories are stupid if people voice their concerns from now the developers may not come up with any more crazy stat inflation items.

So your idea of a templar is some1 who uses magic skills to deal damage instead of their regular hits? Ever heard of a warlock they do it better. Yes there are some magic damage nukes but they were not intended to completely outshine regular hits with blunt mastery. Picture if every class was just a nuke class wed be in dekanhan not rohan.

Also templars are not broken by themselves I have no IM on my templar besides the monday tsb reward (100 attack) and I have 19k melee. A templar with +8 insurgents hit me today only 1k dmg. Give any character guardian ranger str def blablabla the steroids that the PIM has and they will hit more than me. Ive seen a ranger do 8k seige hits on a 71%dd target using 30% range attack scroll. All templars have over other classes is they can do things much easier than the rest can.

I will not talk about vit dekans here because this is a templar balance discussion.

Need help? PM me

Whether you guys know it or not, they are getting balanced, in the form of other classes getting stronger. Same goes for vit dks, sure they can still do alot of dmg.. but so can we now. gaurds can beat both classes to death pretty quick, dhans can get 90% parry now, this means your normals dont hit them. I say leave temps the way they are, and ynk keep doing what they are doing because i have seen a huge diff since this last update

I guess i should add that transformation in pretty epic on a temp too, for a predator
    Last edited by PrinceOfDaSouth; 04-22-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfDaSouth View Post
    Whether you guys know it or not, they are getting balanced, in the form of other classes getting stronger. Same goes for vit dks, sure they can still do alot of dmg.. but so can we now. gaurds can beat both classes to death pretty quick, dhans can get 90% parry now, this means your normals dont hit them. I say leave temps the way they are, and ynk keep doing what they are doing because i have seen a huge diff since this last update

I guess i should add that transformation in pretty epic on a temp too, for a predator
    See if everyone is OP then No one is OP..........Now I just have to wait. I thought the same thing was happen also. I think Iceyy is a little scare that this may happen?

Quote Originally Posted by STEELKlLLER View Post
    See if everyone is OP then No one is OP..........Now I just have to wait. I thought the same thing was happen also. I think Iceyy is a little scare that this may happen?
    To be completely honest with you all i want is for the overpowered PIM stuff to go. I did not mind when my templar only hit 1.8k regulars on some 50k hp targets but now people have 80k hp 10 sec tds meaning you HAVE to hit over 10k a second to kill anyone.

Need help? PM me

Conscript
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    To be completely honest with you all i want is for the overpowered PIM stuff to go. I did not mind when my templar only hit 1.8k regulars on some 50k hp targets but now people have 80k hp 10 sec tds meaning you HAVE to hit over 10k a second to kill anyone.

u can help me icey :-D

i made a temp on jin with some im and pim shzz

Now comes my question:

What is better for a 78 Templar ?

A Artisan Club IV +6 sith 35% atack and some more Or

A fennati.s ray with 5x melee?

cuzz this spirit stone counts Attack so Ra ME and MA?

Thnx was figuring it out :-)

RETIRED!!

Quote Originally Posted by wesley1234 View Post
    u can help me icey :-D

i made a temp on jin with some im and pim shzz

Now comes my question:

What is better for a 78 Templar ?

A Artisan Club IV +6 sith 35% atack and some more Or

A fennati.s ray with 5x melee?

cuzz this spirit stone counts Attack so Ra ME and MA?

Thnx was figuring it out :-)
    If you can afford to spirit stone the artisan club all the time it will be better. However.... the fennati is cheaper and can work out just fine :P

Need help? PM me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast