+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    While I want templars balanced, the "make it inflated" argument is no longer valid because the magic attack that's converted is already pure. It stands to rights that the conversion should be pure > pure. Simply making it inflated means dividing the converted amount by 4 which is all well and good but what are those templars who don't have the sickest gear and those under level 90 going to do? Might as well delete the character.

The real answer is to apply a rolling soft cap to the conversion factor. I won't go into details publically, not because it's a YNK secret (which it isn't really cus I just worked it out by myself, eventually) but because blunt mastery's workings is something that should be left as one of those mysterious things, like the number 42.

The biggest problem by a long way at the moment is the excessive amounts of vit/HP characters have along with equally silly amounts of healing. This actually justifies the existence of templars as they are. Cool so fix the vit/HP issue and then you can fix templars right? No, they went and buffed other classes and threw the balance even more out of the window.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Last edited by Neophyte28; 04-23-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Before any fix can be made, the issue of 60+ dd needs to be solved. They said they aren't going to change upg's to epics so thats out of the question. They can't simply apply a hard cap to dd because then 70 dd has the same value as 60dd. Its not so much the excessive HP as it is the excessive DD and Pdef.

I think currently DD is completely linear, and works like it logically should. But what if they changed it to be more of a log shaped curve. Too lazy to go and figure out the basic math of it all but doing this could boost lower DD (3x-4x, thus balancing divinity a little bit where temps are foking ridiculous) and lowering the effect of upper DD (So instead of 60-70 being regular DD its more like 55-60)

Pro paint skills, yea? Blue line is DD as it is. Red line is DD if they manipulated it. Once we're dealing with more similar DD between servers, its alot easier to start any sort of a balance.
    Quit.

One of Linn`s boys doing the dirty job for her
    60+ DD isn't an issue when 100k pots cease to exist. On Xor I had 130k as well and I was a tough nut to crack, but it's possible when you can only heal 7k every 40 secs and another 7k every minute discounting healers.

I don't really see the taking out teardrops... and even if they did it would just make the temp/def/priest combo more OP. Increasing the cooldown might be worth it though
    Quit.

The cooldown should be increased to 25 seconds and holy wine too. With the way celestial td boxes and holy wines are you need to hit more than 10k a second to kill a target.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

One of Linn`s boys doing the dirty job for her
    If you can full heal yourself there is little incentive for getting a healer, sure you'd love obli but many classes would function WAY better if TDs were gone, as you could just isolate someone and knock him out. This is yet another case of less being more(effectively balancing the game).

99.999999% sure they won't remove them chris, but it would be interesting if they changed celestial teardrops to heavenly teardrops in dungeon and just made it like the old days
    Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kophy View Post
    99.999999% sure they won't remove them chris, but it would be interesting if they changed celestial teardrops to heavenly teardrops in dungeon and just made it like the old days
    Why are you so sure that they wont remove this item? Why are we so afraid of changing the things that are broken in this game? We have to collectively agree that things have to get done regardless if it doesnt benefit certain parts of the rohan community.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Stop the math pls. Kophy becomes tina#2 now.... O.o
    [ [ Chaos ] ]

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots ...

Quote Originally Posted by temtin05 View Post
    Stop the math pls. Kophy becomes tina#2 now.... O.o
    I no do math i just draw pictures on paint
    Quit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast