+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

[Bi-Weekly Suggestion Thread #2]~~~ Badge Exchange Program

Hello there rohan players. I am starting a series called the Bi-Weekly Suggestion thread. Prior to a server maint I will post a suggestion and you guys can talk about it as you wait for the servers to go up.

The previous topic was: Enchanted Glacial Weapons

This week's Topic is going to be about this Badge Exchange Program I have been working on. The goal of this suggestion is to promote activity in the game as well as provide players with activities to do on a regular basis. Not only this a crone-sink will be created from this as well (thus making your crones worth more).

You may be asking yourself some questions and I have prepared some answers to some of them.

1: What are badges?
    The badges are character-bound items. They are non tradable and serve as a currency in the badge exchange shop.
    2: How do I get badges?
    You can get badges in 3 ways:
    1: Participating in daily events (Hide n Seek and survival arena will award badges.) I really want to preserve the bigger events such as BNB, Relay and Fishing Derby. As well as remove the crone reward form survival arena switching it with a reward in badges instead.
    2: By completing the badge repeatable quest:
    There are 6 repeatable quests (two for each lvl bracket [30-60, 61-90, 91-115])
    These quests will change to require a different mob after every maintenance. (For example: cycle1= Vedova, cycle 2=zombie archers etc.)
    The second repeatable quest is a boss quest for each lvl bracket. And it will change as well. (Ex: cycle1=zeit cycle2=ramos etc)
    3: By purchasing them for crones: The price will be high but you can just give the npc crones in exchange for a few badges.
    What can I get with my badges?
    You can get some basic items from the item mall in the badge exchange shop. These can be increased through the recycle system 2.

Armour of Cold (Costume) 15 d (25 pd 25 md 250 hp/mp)
    Pumpkin Head (Costume) 15 d (50 mp 50 hp)
    Mobility scroll (30%)
    Gladiator/Mage/Range Licence (5%) 120 min
    PD/MD scroll (5%) 120 min
    Health Crystal (10%) 120 min
    General Talisman (5 all stats) 10 d
    Bronze Trophy (20 all stats) 10 d
    Solo EXP scroll (50%) 120 min
    Party EXP scroll (50%) 120 min
    Solo Seal (50%) 3 day
    Party Seal (50%) 3 day
    Ancient SES (50%) 15 day
    Prices will be posted later because I have yet to find a fair rate for crones>badges.
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 04-09-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Part 2: Recycling Your Badge Exchange rewards into better ones.

The items in the Badge Exchange shop sucks but you at least have the chance to make them stronger through the recycle system. Most tems have 2 extra levels that can be achieved through recycling. To recycle these items you must purchase an upgrade medal from the badge exchange shop for crones. (Price has not been figured out yet)

Here are the items and their enhanced versions. Please note that there is a chance that you will fail the enhancement and be left with your original item. (Example: Armour of Cold+Upgrade Medal= Team Lagos or Armour of cold. *Note: These items are sealed*

Armour of Cold (Costume) 15 d (25 pd 25 md 250 hp/mp) > Team Lagos (5 all stat 15d) > Team Rima (5 all stat 20 attack 20 defense 30d)
    Pumpkin Head (Costume) 15 d (50 mp 50 hp) > Witch/Wizard hat (5 all stat 15d) > Santa Hat (5 all stat 15 attack 15 defense 30d)
    Mobility scroll (30%) > Mobility Scroll 60%
    Gladiator/Mage/Range Licence (5%) 120 min > Gladiator/Mage/Ranger Licence 10% (120 min) > Gladiator/Mage/Ranger Licence 20% (120 min) *These only work in stacks of 5.
    PD/MD scroll (5%) 120 min > PD/MD Scroll 10% (120 min) > PD/MD scroll 20% (120 min)
    Health Crystal (10%) 120 min > Health Crystal (20%) 120 min
    General Talisman (5 all stats) 10 d > General Talisman (10 all stats) 15d > General Talisman (10 all stats) 30d
    Bronze Trophy (20 all stats) 10 d
    Solo EXP scroll (50%) 120 min > Solo Exp Scroll 100% (120 min)
    Party EXP scroll (50%) 120 min > Party Exp scroll 100% (120 min)
    Solo Seal (50%) 3 d > Solo Seal (50%) 7 d > Solo Seal (100% 7 d
    Party Seal (50%) 3 d > Party Seal (50%) 7 d > Party Seal (100% 7d
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 04-09-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Need help? PM me

Taking a look at how you earn badges and why it is set up like this.

1: Mob/Boss kill quests:
    Players do not do that much in terms of exploring anymore, there are bosses still standing and mobs collecting dust in what used to be called a viable grind spot. These quests will also give people a change of scenery as they have to grind in lets say ronelia instead of upper lvl so that they can earn badges. The boss quests are also there just to get people exploring and well telling people that bosses do exist out there.

2: Survival Arena/Events:
    Crone prices have dropped to an all time low in recent times and this mostly has to do with survival arena. It generates aprox 7-14 billion crones a week by itself. This combined with TSB crones and people farming in general has caused farming to no longer be worth it. There is also the problem of people teaming up in survival arena which defeats the purpose of surviving. In this system a player would be rewarded 1 badge per kill and a bonus 2 badges for every 5. If you have the highest kill count you will receive 10 badges as bonus and if you make the proper guess you will receive 2 badges. In regards to events... because badges are cheap YNK could have more events using badges as incentive. For example a GM could call 10 players to the coli for a quick free-for-all and the winner gets 10 badges. Thats less than 5 minutes of work for 5 badges which I dont think is that bad.

3: Crone Effects:
    Badges are intended on keeping people active in different parts of the game but crones still exist and to sink them I have decided that players can buy badges with their crones (I have not come up with a fair exchange rate for this) as well as require crones to purchase the upgrade medal for recycling your rewards into stronger ones.

Advantages:
    -Crone Sink
    -Keeps People active across the game
    -Promotes more gameplay
    -Introduces people to the Item mall. (Somebody who gets to test drive your product is more likely to spend more for the upgraded version from the IM/PIM)
    -Character-Bound currency thus keeps people playing their main's instead of farming on alts to make their main's better.

Disadvantages:
    -The grind spot for the mob quest could become a little overpopulated and is a good place for pkers to hunt.
    -Some of the spots are not good for hunterkits or for parties. (Low spans/Low spawn rates etc)
    -People are going to look the same with their armour of colds/world cup costumes (But idc at least u can hide your mix-match edwins noobs :P)
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 04-09-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Need help? PM me

bam .
    DarkPulse LVL 106 Warlock
    Lugia LVL 110Defendor

retired

rohan: DarkPulse lvl 106 Warlock
    Guild Wars 2: Darkpulse lvl 80 Engineer

Are you aware that it's a waste of time?

LOL at this.. someone really need to take some fresh air and see the sun at least once at day.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2nlscwg.jpg
    #PLATANOPOWER

bump! (finally finished editing)

help me out guys discuss how many badges you should get for the quests and how much the items should cost in the badge exchange shop. Also help me out with how many crones it should take to get one badge.

Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by 7740fKorean View Post
    LOL at this.. someone really need to take some fresh air and see the sun at least once at day.
    matallas........ nobody stares at the sun its bad for your eyes.

Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    matallas........ nobody stares at the sun its bad for your eyes.
    i know that's why im blind now QQ sad day..... at least the fresh air feels soo damn good xD
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2nlscwg.jpg
    #PLATANOPOWER

Quote Originally Posted by 7740fKorean View Post
    i know that's why im blind now QQ sad day..... at least the fresh air feels soo damn good xD
    what is this fresh air you speak of I live in the city

Need help? PM me