+ Reply to Thread

Thread: signatures

Wink signatures

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website -
    Does NOT WORK, you get ported to playrohan.com mainpage

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer -
    is unknown with Gif Files or anything different then JPEG.

If your forum album does not know GIF files , BMP files or anything,
    Please Allow Image BB Code In Signature like before

There are a lot of things broken in the forums.

I can understand why they are unwilling to support animated gifs or bmps. Both those file types can be massive to stream out. This translates to high bandwidth usage by everyone handling them; the picture host server, YNK's forum server and your ISP. All those pixels gotta be streamed around and big sigs are nasty for those on low speed broadband connections.

Still though I would like to see the animations turned on and graphics links working. I don't really care if bmps are not allowed (they are very heavy and not suitable at all for internet viewing).

There are a lot of bugs for these guys to work out, some IMHO more important than others (like fixing the alt accts so they can log in) but I don't expect to see those fixes happen immediately. These guys are no longer working with the most hackable board software on the planet anymore. It takes a while to get up to speed with a real discussion board software package.
    Last edited by cyberguy; 04-12-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt