+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Epic/ Upgrades

Banned

Epic/ Upgrades

So as far as Jainus is concerned this server isnt going anywhere.

I dont quite understand why its a continuous effort to prevent new people from obtaining powerful weapons on this server. Seriously. The weapons with 60-70+ dd already exist however with the lack of sales on them it removes variety and spreads out the power band between characters for those who have and those who dont.

So why not resell these items on a continuous basis?

I have heard from people recently that the gm in charge is against them saying they ruin the game.

No, templars being broken from 2009-2015 without a direct counterpart to play against them is broken. The fact that it took till 2016 for the game to go... well the playerbase is 80% templar 7% defenders and 13% playing other characters that didnt fit the templar vit bich defender meta.

I know I know META. Most effective tactical advantage.

So now recently characters that exist are starting to see a boost in their power and effectiveness which is yay.... great!

However the issue is. Were severely lacking the tools to make those characters effective in the game.

Now with other classes receiving new buffs which take advantage of them having speciffic weapons having the ability to make / buy those weapons seems like a pretty damn good thing.

So I propose Glacial Epics and selling once again the glacial upgrade parts.

Katar 1 AGI
    160agi
    160dex
    160vit
    30% mobility
    15% life absorb
    15% mana absorb
    120% health
    25% crit rate
    60% melee
    15% chance to block attack (since there's no perry option stone)
    60%dd
    50% atk speed
    80% elemental dmg

Katar 2 (str)
    160str
    160dex
    160vit
    20% mobility
    15% life absorb
    15% mana absorb
    120%health
    72% melee
    15% crit
    10% chance to block
    60% dd
    30% weapon atk

Zhen 1 (vit)
    240vit
    130% health
    20% mobility
    15% health absorb
    15% mana absorb
    60% dd
    45% melee
    20% atk speed

Zhen 2 (Str)
    160str
    160vit
    160dex
    72%melee
    90% health
    20% mobility
    20% health absorb
    20% mana absorb
    60% dd
    40% atk speed

Zhen 3 (int)
    160int
    160psy
    160vit
    80% magic atk
    110% health
    15% life absorb
    15% mana absorb
    20% mobility
    60% dd
    40% atk speed

Swords
    180str
    180dex
    180vit
    72%melee
    120%health
    10%crit
    15%life absorb
    15%mana absorb
    20% mobility
    60% dd
    40% atk speed

Mace 1 (str)
    180str
    180dex
    180vit
    72% melee
    120% health
    12% crit
    15% health absorb
    15% mana absorb
    20% mobility
    60% dd
    40% atk speed

Mace 2 (int)
    160int
    160psy
    160vit
    74% melee
    110% health
    10% crit
    10% life absorb
    10% mana absorb
    20% mobility
    60% dd
    80% mana
    40% atk speed

Daggers
    180 str
    180 dex
    180 vit
    72% melee
    120%health
    15% crit
    15% life absorb
    15% mana absorb
    20% mobility
    60%dd
    40% atk speed

Xbow
    200dex
    200vit
    80% ranged attack
    120% health
    20% mobility
    15% health absorb
    15% mana absorb
    60% dd
    60% chance not to use arrows
    40% atk speed
    15% crit

Bow
    200dex
    200vit
    80% ranged attack
    120% health
    30% mobility
    15% health absorb
    15% mana absorb
    60% dd
    60% chance not to use arrows
    60% atk speed
    15% crit

Staff 1.
    160psy
    160int
    160vit
    80% magic attack
    15% health absorb
    15% mana absorb
    20% mobility
    200% mana
    100% health
    60% dd
    40% atk speed

Dual Swords
    180 str
    180 dex
    180 vit
    80% melee
    120% health
    40% atk speed
    20% health absorb
    20% mana absorb
    60% dd
    20% mobility
    20% crit

Polearm
    180 str
    180 dex
    180 vit
    80% melee
    120% health
    60% atk speed
    20% health absorb
    20% mana absorb
    60% dd
    20% mobility
    20% crit

NEW Adrenal Weapon 1
    200str
    160dex
    160vit
    80% melee
    100% health
    20% mobility
    20% health absorb
    20% mana absorb
    40% atk speed
    60% dd
    20% weapon atk
    15% crit

NEW Adrenal Weapon 2
    150 all stats
    80% magic atk
    200% mana
    100% health
    60% dd
    60% atk speed
    20% mobility
    20% mana absorb
    20% health absorb

All of these are just baselines based upon what already exists. Im open for critique so feel free to post your opinions. I just feel that these need to exist since so many people have epics upgrades ect.

Please note that the Adrenal forges will be boarderline stupid cheap. These wont be equipable on any other character. Im talking half the price of a regular epic since they are character bound and locked on the character forever. They will also come with the pres stone required to merge it into your weapon.

I hope some people do critique some of these items as I dont play all the characters. As you can see for Dhans I gave them a little extra caveats such as the % block rate and % elemental dmg. Im sure other classes could use from caveats such as % armor heal% ect. However not playing those classes I cant say for sure who needs what and what will help. I gave rangers and scouts % saved arrows stuff that helps them as a class but isnt op af.

Also I was basing these weapons off the previous epics. Giving them a boost over their previous counter parts but keeping them in line with what already exists. However not making them completely pointless to have and or use at this point in the game.

I was aiming for weapons that provide a bunch of utility especially considering the mirror dungeons currently. No I dont think they should be for everyone and I would actually like to see somethings tweaked down some because I do think I gave them too much based upon what already exists.

I also was looking at classes with multiple build types. For example I gave int dekans a zhen just for them as well as giving templars / priests a mace for them (even though I hate templars).

This game has alt build paths and with things being reworked so other characters are becoming more relevant getting an epic upgrade would be nice.

For people seeing this .

PLEASE CRITIQUE things.

I want weapons that are balanced but provide caveats for that class that role that build path. I Dont want them to be like LAWL 9999% melee 9999all stats.... blah but I want to see more people playing more diverse things. If you understand

Also if you like this idea submit tickets to gms pointing them here.

Keep in mind the following.

1. They are not meant to be op or gaming breaking.
    2. They are supposed to be used on END game characters for both a farming and a PVP weapon.
    3. With the exception of the rumir and noir weapons they will be able to be traded off and sold.
    4. An upgrade weapon counter part should be better in terms of PVP standings but this will give better all around utility for all things.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Problem is, they actually listen to the community (wait, that's the good part).. only they do so with horrendous delay.
    They are now on par with the community right after the epics release. They have but just realised that those weapons are ridiculous and should not have been sold.

Unfortunately, in the meantime we are x-years further in the future and having these weapons are now a necessary evil. They need to be sold, they need to be distributed, they need to be made available and within reach of everyone (that puts in either effort, time and/or money). Through farming, through IM, through EM, through questing.

Give them a few months time to catch up.
    Alas, it will also include the usual powercreep, having the new weapons to be x-times better/faster/stronger than the current ones and, again, unbalance the whole power thing. But hey, can't have everything - can you?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Still with the 230 dolla price tag.... idk if ur gonna get many shales XD

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Still with the 230 dolla price tag.... idk if ur gonna get many shales XD
    ...aaand that's why I included, but did not limit to "farming, IM, EM, questing".
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Sure. sell new epic tiers again. only with the following :

Character bound. Make them purple-named just like IM mounts and those once-upon a time junior epics. You pull them from the IM, you can't store them in your bank and you can't trade them. And make the price REASONABLE.

I mean PlayWith already set the precedent with the Trinity Race. Once you transmute anything, it is character locked.

End result - you will have less character hopping and EM character sales going on at the top end where people buy those.

As others here have already pointed out, the chance to roll back the clock with a non-epic/upgrade server has left the building a long time ago. This game is one that is comprised of OP shop items and people chomping at the bit to buy them. It is no longer a luxury to own one of these at the end game position, but rather it is now a necessity.

So PlayWith, if you are gonna do it, then frigging well do it! This game is currently unplayable by those that have not purchased their upgraded weapon of choice. That boat has sailed.

They should make new epics $80 (how much it costed to get the 4 upgrade 2.0 parts?) but character bound like old man mark said. That would solve a lot of problems XD

As far as the cheaper players go.... I would love a quest series with difficulty akin to transcendence titles/twin auras that rewards parts for a mini glacial upg using my favorite combination:

2 parts upg 2 parts forged.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Well i don't want to pop anyone's bubble or dreams but i suspect that they are waiting for the balance patches to finish completely so they can then sell us either more powerful or less powerful upgrds just cause buffs have been increased and some skills.
    The idea is nice but you forgot that not everyone is as rich as US and Europe and cant afford a 100$+ in pixels. A balance between in game items and IM items is the better way to go as sunny said and as i proposed with the Ancient to Epic weapons mechanics.

Ohhh and Delete the Str zhen, Dekans are gonna be either Int or Vit
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    IF! they made them nontradable then I suggest making them hella cheap... like 80-100$ range anything more would be a waste of money.

However like I was saying with the new skill updates they are making classes return to using class specific weapons.

I agree your point and I'm of same opinion with you and the displayed status above is fine, as the game now tends to be balanced as the weapons on every class have to be balanced right and would be a good idea that they 2 sell again new upg/epic parts, so others ppl can pay a decent price for get them.

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Ohhh and Delete the Str zhen, Dekans are gonna be either Int or Vit
    Yep it's true but I'm curious how is work, I mean the new dekan patch anyway ofc it will be better than the current
    Last edited by D4rius; 05-01-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    Undecided by the changes that have taken place lately.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Well i don't want to pop anyone's bubble or dreams but i suspect that they are waiting for the balance patches to finish completely so they can then sell us either more powerful or less powerful upgrds just cause buffs have been increased and some skills.
    Lol...they aren't going to release less powerful upgrades. They are stupid but not that stupid...not selling at least the equivalent of what they already sold is just going to lead to mass tantrums and people quitting because who wants to play a game where all the best gear is already distributed and you'll always be second class...especially when its going to cost you hundreds of dollars to be second class lol.