+ Reply to Thread

Rohan appreciation and improvement suggestions

Hello everyone,

For quite some time I have been looking into some negative threads, stating that the game is dying and how R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team is ruining the game. Well that is one of the reasons for me to open this thread - I strongly disagree with most of these threads/comments. You may wonder why?
    The reason for this is that the game itself if going in the right direction, which is less pay to win and more options for the players to work hard for getting the best gear, as well unifying it. I can write down numerous reasons supporting this statement, but I guess that the people that are actually playing know them very well. At this point you will probably have the feeling that I am defending the R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team. Well that is only partially true. I would like to thank and congratulate R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team for all the efforts that they put into developing the game, but at the same time there are several points which I will express my opinion on as downsides/improvement suggestions.
    This takes us to the second part of this thread. While there are constant improvements to the game (new gear, maps, accessories and etc.), there are also constant negative impacts which in most cases lead to the negative threads/comments or even worse - players quitting. I will write down some of the points from my perspective - based on own experience or information from other players. It is important to note that what follows relates to Janius server.

1. Upgrade weapons - this is one of the problems that have been residing like forever. The upgrade weapons simply have to be in the IM at all times with a fixed price both in RPS and ecash. This is one of the main items in this game that stimulates the community to play, and has caused many players to quit.

Negative impact

By adding different tires of upgraded weapons (epic, 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0) have caused someone that recently spent 100$+ or 20k+ ecach (which took long time to obtain) to feel unsafe and stupid and quit. Not to mention that at the moment there are weapons that you simply cannot obtain no longer.

Suggestion

Just put up all tiers of upgraded weapons on the IM for normal sale. This will stimulate the game economy and R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team one as well. Attraction of players will be eminent, and balance patches will be less painful for the players.

2. Non tradable goods - I am not referring to all, but some commonly involved into player trades. Many items can be put here, but I will refer to one that is lately very desired and critical - +1 Enhancement Ticket.

Negative impact

At the moment +1 Enhancement Tickets are non tradable, but very desired items for the players, thus "trust" trades are made. Unfortunately many players are not straight, and scam others.

Suggestion

Just make +1 Enhancement Tickets tradable. This will secure and enhance the game economy. There are other non tradable items which can help improving this, but I believe that R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team has to make the decisions.

3. Player stimulation and game economy - As previously mention the game is going in less pay to win which is great, but a lot more has to be done.

Negative impact

At the moment items like Armor Reinforcement Stone V and VI, Abradants, 100% Skill enhancement and Ancient Skill Enhancement stones, costume patterns, socket stones (guarder, armor and weapon) and maybe some more, are only obtainable via the Item mall. Also the +1 Enhancement Tickets are a very important candidate. Those are some core items that players need so that they are able to be competitive.

Suggestion

The items mentioned above are somehow of basic need - whether to enhance your gear or to power it up. They should be made obtainable in game where for example they can be grouped according to item type or cost and made obtainable via quests. A little bit more specific example would be - if you experience your character in Gratt Underground Waterways, there could be added a quest which requires you to kill each residing monster 10 000 times. Once completed you can choose a reward of the following - 100% Skill enhancement and Ancient Skill Enhancement stones or costume patterns. Moving onto the mirror dungeons - kill 10 000 time of each residing monster and be able to choose a choose a reward of the following - Armor Reinforcement Stone V, Reinforcement Abradant and socket stones (guarder, armor and weapon). Moving onto the newly added map - kill 15 000 of all residing mobs and choose award in between +1 Enhancement Ticket, Armor Reinforcement Stone VI, deluxe Abradant or transcended socket stones. I believe that you get my point. This will enhance the farming experience, as well the game economy and make the players feel more appreciated.

4. Respect the existing game economy - "Then we will focus on providing a better experience for players who are not so strong or who still need more equipment.". This quote is taken from the thread - Rohan news! 4. It is great that such action is planned, but it I believe that plans should be announced and very carefully decided. We don't want happenings like the first season of PA, where rewards were pretty unknown and all of a sudden a lot of people reached +50. This lead to many people "packing their bags". It should be clear that whatever is to be done, has to take in account the existing ways of obtaining valuable goods (like farming proofs, pet adoption tickets, +50 and etc.) won't be given to the weak players "just like that". I believe you do get the point.

There are a lot more topics that can be written down, but I am guessing those are critical for the moment. I am not referring to Class balance for example, as it is announced that it will soon come.
    I just want to let you know that I am not intending to insult anyone or so, after all the community is what makes R.O.H.A.N the game it is. Furthermore I believe that we should be helpful one another, instead of pointing fingers. Thank you for your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by R3SP3C7 View Post
    Hello everyone,

For quite some time I have been looking into some negative threads, stating that the game is dying and how R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team is ruining the game. Well that is one of the reasons for me to open this thread - I strongly disagree with most of these threads/comments. You may wonder why?
    The reason for this is that the game itself if going in the right direction, which is less pay to win and more options for the players to work hard for getting the best gear, as well unifying it. I can write down numerous reasons supporting this statement, but I guess that the people that are actually playing know them very well. At this point you will probably have the feeling that I am defending the R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team. Well that is only partially true. I would like to thank and congratulate R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team for all the efforts that they put into developing the game, but at the same time there are several points which I will express my opinion on as downsides/improvement suggestions.
    This takes us to the second part of this thread. While there are constant improvements to the game (new gear, maps, accessories and etc.), there are also constant negative impacts which in most cases lead to the negative threads/comments or even worse - players quitting. I will write down some of the points from my perspective - based on own experience or information from other players. It is important to note that what follows relates to Janius server.

1. Upgrade weapons - this is one of the problems that have been residing like forever. The upgrade weapons simply have to be in the IM at all times with a fixed price both in RPS and ecash. This is one of the main items in this game that stimulates the community to play, and has caused many players to quit.

Negative impact

By adding different tires of upgraded weapons (epic, 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0) have caused someone that recently spent 100$+ or 20k+ ecach (which took long time to obtain) to feel unsafe and stupid and quit. Not to mention that at the moment there are weapons that you simply cannot obtain no longer.

Suggestion

Just put up all tiers of upgraded weapons on the IM for normal sale. This will stimulate the game economy and R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team one as well. Attraction of players will be eminent, and balance patches will be less painful for the players.

I do agree that upgraded weapons should be sold but not all tiers, some upgraded weapons were designed for pre-balance patch puroses (like 3.0 katar with 32% critrate) these weapons became very unbalanced and partly due to that it's really hard to balance out the current classes. I'd much rather see a 4.0 upgrade tier with different stats compared to all the other old upgrades. This new 4.0 tier should be available in the IM at all times so that new players can obtain them.

2. Non tradable goods - I am not referring to all, but some commonly involved into player trades. Many items can be put here, but I will refer to one that is lately very desired and critical - +1 Enhancement Ticket.

Negative impact

At the moment +1 Enhancement Tickets are non tradable, but very desired items for the players, thus "trust" trades are made. Unfortunately many players are not straight, and scam others.

Suggestion

Just make +1 Enhancement Tickets tradable. This will secure and enhance the game economy. There are other non tradable items which can help improving this, but I believe that R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud Team has to make the decisions.

Couldn't agree more, the bound status of enhancement tickets makes it a very annoying item to trade and it's very prone to scamming.

3. Player stimulation and game economy - As previously mention the game is going in less pay to win which is great, but a lot more has to be done.

Negative impact

At the moment items like Armor Reinforcement Stone V and VI, Abradants, 100% Skill enhancement and Ancient Skill Enhancement stones, costume patterns, socket stones (guarder, armor and weapon) and maybe some more, are only obtainable via the Item mall. Also the +1 Enhancement Tickets are a very important candidate. Those are some core items that players need so that they are able to be competitive.

Suggestion

The items mentioned above are somehow of basic need - whether to enhance your gear or to power it up. They should be made obtainable in game where for example they can be grouped according to item type or cost and made obtainable via quests. A little bit more specific example would be - if you experience your character in Gratt Underground Waterways, there could be added a quest which requires you to kill each residing monster 10 000 times. Once completed you can choose a reward of the following - 100% Skill enhancement and Ancient Skill Enhancement stones or costume patterns. Moving onto the mirror dungeons - kill 10 000 time of each residing monster and be able to choose a choose a reward of the following - Armor Reinforcement Stone V, Reinforcement Abradant and socket stones (guarder, armor and weapon). Moving onto the newly added map - kill 15 000 of all residing mobs and choose award in between +1 Enhancement Ticket, Armor Reinforcement Stone VI, deluxe Abradant or transcended socket stones. I believe that you get my point. This will enhance the farming experience, as well the game economy and make the players feel more appreciated.

4. Respect the existing game economy - "Then we will focus on providing a better experience for players who are not so strong or who still need more equipment.". This quote is taken from the thread - Rohan news! 4. It is great that such action is planned, but it I believe that plans should be announced and very carefully decided. We don't want happenings like the first season of PA, where rewards were pretty unknown and all of a sudden a lot of people reached +50. This lead to many people "packing their bags". It should be clear that whatever is to be done, has to take in account the existing ways of obtaining valuable goods (like farming proofs, pet adoption tickets, +50 and etc.) won't be given to the weak players "just like that". I believe you do get the point.

There are a lot more topics that can be written down, but I am guessing those are critical for the moment. I am not referring to Class balance for example, as it is announced that it will soon come.
    I just want to let you know that I am not intending to insult anyone or so, after all the community is what makes R.O.H.A.N the game it is. Furthermore I believe that we should be helpful one another, instead of pointing fingers. Thank you for your attention.
    As for making items from the IM available in game, this would be nice for some of them like ASES and maybe some costume partterns. However I do think that the IM should simply just be cheaper and have more regular sales, this will already solve some issues. As for ARS/Abrants. The rates for +10-12 are simply too low, even during 50% events. These rates should be higher, +12 shouldn't be so hard to reach since it's basically mandatory these days. Leave +18-21 for the people who want to charge, or farm diehard for rps/ecash.

The desicions about certain patches and what not come from KR, the koreans design stuff for their server and then pass it on to our server, after which it's reviewed and implemented (with some changes sometimes). The GM team in the USA do not have a say in the planning of these things nor in the implementation, only some changes can be made. The KR devs do not take our economy, upgrades, server differences into account, thus resulting in bad desicions for our server. Solving this issue has been proven to be very hard (this is been going on for years)….
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 11-03-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h