+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: E2N vs Lucid

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Do you have a dedicated fiber connection to your house?
    It was made for the whole street i live a new one.
    (We are like 6 families but 5 of them are to old for being interested on internet like 70-80 years old) so i am the only one owning internet in this road.
    Do not get in my way swine! The crows will pick at your flesh!
    Lucas wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix1993 View Post
    It was made for the whole street i live a new one.
    (We are like 6 families but 5 of them are to old for being interested on internet like 70-80 years old) so i am the only one owning internet in this road.
    Then you are FTTN unless its coming DIRECTLY INTO YOUR HOUSE! in which case it would be FTTP

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Then you are FTTN unless its coming DIRECTLY INTO YOUR HOUSE! in which case it would be FTTP
    How can i see that?
    Lucas wannabe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix1993 View Post
    How can i see that?
    Look in your basement (or where outside utilities come into your house. If you have a box similar to this you have FTTP):

There are 2 types of those boxes. One as seen here are used by cable TV. The other has an Ethernet cable coming out of it where the TV cable is. That box translates the fiberoptic light signals (fiber optics use light rather than electricity to transmit data) coming on the green wire to electrical signals used by your TV, telephone and computer (thus it needs that middle connection for power).

If you have no such box, you have FTTN style fiber communications.

There is nothing wrong with FTTN. The only real difference is that that little converter box is contained in a central place for your neighborhood. You should get the same performance. FTTP is simpler and cheaper for new developments to set up because they need to lay down less cabling. FTTN is done when fiberoptics are introduced into existing communities.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 03-19-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Look in your basement (or where outside utilities come into your house. If you have a box similar to this you have FTTP):

There are 2 types of those boxes. One as seen here are used by cable TV. The other has an Ethernet cable coming out of it where the TV cable is. That box translates the fiberoptic light signals (fiber optics use light rather than electricity to transmit data) coming on the green wire to electrical signals used by your TV, telephone and computer (thus it needs that middle connection for power).

If you have no such box, you have FTTN style fiber communications.

There is nothing wrong with FTTN. The only real difference is that that little converter box is contained in a central place for your neighborhood. You should get the same performance. FTTP is simpler and cheaper for new developments to set up because they need to lay down less cabling. FTTN is done when fiberoptics are introduced into existing communities.
    So i checked everywhere and i realized i have the FTTN if u want i can show you where my grandma used to live ( now the house belongs to me. ) is basically in campaign and the fiber reaching here is pretty awesome considering for the position i am.
    Lucas wannabe.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I was proud with my first feathers of goddess silva :')
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 03-20-2016 at 12:12 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by 4effo View Post
    Watch and learn what? Dude do you guys even remember how rohan started? How rohan had templars with 12k melee at max and 35int rings from mobs drop? How you guys fought 2 hours for fkin zeitgeist/silva and you all had wings/batons? This is not longer rohan, this is some lame **** where everyone spam teardrops and brags how rich they are and buy every new single *update* sh1t. This is what we call rohan, here money dont work bois.

you even don't know that your posting against this forums... and your post might get deleted.
    Last edited by Melloncollie; 03-20-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    Lost roaming around as Ghost
    "Don't take it as a reason,

take it as a compliment,"

Watch and learn what? Dude do you guys even remember how rohan started? How rohan had templars with 12k melee at max and 35int rings from mobs drop? How you guys fought 2 hours for fkin zeitgeist/silva and you all had wings/batons? This is not longer rohan, this is some lame **** where everyone spam teardrops and brags how rich they are and buy every new single *update* sh1t. This is what we call rohan, here money dont work bois.
    Fk that those days sucked ass!

Best time in rohan was upg 1.0 days before +18 anything. Back when 4 rulers was the **** and everyone was tanky enough to react to things.
    Last edited by Melloncollie; 03-20-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    abso go back to yolo. nobody here cares what you can do there., here you are a non-factor that would be eaten as a nice light snack by 90% of the scouts and priests.
    Last edited by Melloncollie; 03-20-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Fk that those days sucked ass!

Best time in rohan was upg 1.0 days before +18 anything. Back when 4 rulers was the **** and everyone was tanky enough to react to things.
    Back where no lion/craft/epic existed
    Lucas wannabe.