+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Segregation is REAL!!!

So my main is a dhan, i've been playing dhan since I downloaded Origin and it has been quite nice!! Although I rarely ran into people there was always people in Dhan Town. So great!

Today I make a ranger to play around with my old style class. AND WTF. I am like stunned at the amount of people in Einhoren area, obviously it should have been common sense that 2 classes in one area will be less VS 5 in Einhoren but that is insane, i feel like there would be such a better experience all around if there wasn't that barrier when this thing exits OBT!!!

Like seriously 10 to 1 difference. Lets make it so the community can be a "community" and not a totally different feel of game just because you choose assassin classes! Basically the FISH and the DHANS feel left out!

We have to wait for people to be on PM or at Ehres to find PT, where all others can probably walk into Einhoren and be like "who wants to go f*** some S**T UP?!?"

Am i right? OR am I RIGHT?
    Last edited by EpicPanther; 04-24-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    It's a silly concept, considering that with exception of not being able to go to each others starters area's.. there's absolutely no barrier whatsoever. No actual war, no story, no penalty or bonus to party with someone from the other/same race, etc.

Basically, it's just redundant.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Yeah except when you try to enter their starting area, Patrol wrecks you. Hit me for 188k at lvl 50

Banned
    Having race-based segregation in an open world pvp game really doesn't make a lot of sense. Who in this game actually takes the stance of dhan & dekans vs everything else? Nobody, That's who. And really they never had - except for the odd ass-mode dhan or dekan (which really was for nothing more than sh!ts & giggles).
    So why bother with the segregation?

It really isn't fair to the dhans & dekans when only 2 races can sell in their city vs elves, dark elves, half elves, humans & giants can completely crowd the main thoroughfare with kiosks. This is the one area in which Rohan: Origin fails horribly.

From Story/Lore Point the Separation is understandable but it's rly strange that you need to have a lvl 1 "Einhoren-Shopping-Character"^^.

The Point about Pm and Gathering hall is false thou at lvl 35 all quest-roads merge into one and you can do your quest or parties with what ever character you want.

Banned
    There are games that do have race segregation and use it as the central point to their pvp possibilities. In those games I can see the need to have separate home towns and even worlds because they are total enemies with each other. The segregation provides more structured pvp rules and possibilities that open world pvp games like Rohan does not need.

For Rohan where pvp can be non-consensual between any players as long as they are levle 30+ it simply makes no sense to segregate races. All races could be serviced by a single town with the addition of a single npc that exclusively handles assassin mode for Dhans/Dekans (for other races it would simply refuse to change the character mode).

Also in those games there are Ranged, Magic, Melee, And healing classes for both sides though. i agree with the one town thing, and not even having to make that town. They just need to lift barrier and eventually everyone will mutually understand where to go for sales, to party, and just chill and chat. We can't even just chat with everyone, that's annoying.

Lets not forget to mention that you can't even see if what you need is in Einhoren Kiosk through Kiosk search (even though you'd have to whisper and pray for a reply) and half the sedo gear i had to look for, for days is sitting in einhoren begging to be bought, max stats and all.... so disappointed.

I think the intent is to have people sell at the GH. Problem is it needs forgers/refiners/etc. Wouldn't be a big issue otherwise.

Something it used to have, oh and don't forget the bank... like what are they thinking