+ Reply to Thread

When did safe zone for enchanting drop?

Came back after a few months away (since September/August 2014 maybe) and i found out the hard way on an upg that the safezone isnt +9... ignorance is really expensive.

after merge no more sz, just +5, after that u need preservation, maybe Gm can restore ....maybe

I would be ecstatic if a Gm would restore it but if I'm not mistaken that's strictly against their policy. After searching forums i found a post about server merge and the ran/jin +9/+5 rates, brutal.

There is a quirk in the enchant/reinforce rates that i pointed out toin the forums using the raw data from the Rohan client. The base rates are decent up to +5, but never 100%. they drop to about 20%, then jump back up to 80-70% all the way to +9 then drop off at +10 to about 15%, then jump back up to almost 70% until after +12.

There are parameters they can supply on a per-server basis at the server side to move those closer to 100% for the lower levels, but that dip at +6 really kills a lot of people.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

BananaBandit, I saw a post you had made when I searched the forums a few minutes ago about the rarity of fails to +9 on the Ran servers. I had enchanted everything i could up to that point (pre October 2014) in the interest of not taking unnecessary risks and found it ironic that the rates were not actually 100% up to +9, makes me want to learn how to data-mine.

Banned
    They were never 100% up to +9 but they were enough high so the chance to break to +9 would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by roflzilla View Post
    I would be ecstatic if a Gm would restore it but if I'm not mistaken that's strictly against their policy.
    I wouldnt say "strictly". Same thing happened to me and So I wrote a polite ticket, explained what had happened and also explained that there needs to be CLEAR warnings on the npc description (Which obviously still hasn't been done tsk tsk YNK) mainly for older returning players who are unaware of the changes. Anyways after sending the ticket my acc was looked into and after a few days my upgrade was returned. Just be polite, try to remember best you can what day/ date and time it happened and fingers crossed you deal with a nice GM whos feeling compassionate and understanding.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    I wouldnt say "strictly". Same thing happened to me and So I wrote a polite ticket, explained what had happened and also explained that there needs to be CLEAR warnings on the npc description (Which obviously still hasn't been done tsk tsk YNK) mainly for older returning players who are unaware of the changes. Anyways after sending the ticket my acc was looked into and after a few days my upgrade was returned. Just be polite, try to remember best you can what day/ date and time it happened and fingers crossed you deal with a nice GM whos feeling compassionate and understanding.
    touche!!!! u have all reason but.... players dont want a Gm whos feeling compassionate and understanding, we want a fair and trustable Gm with a good but very good customer service

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    There is a quirk in the enchant/reinforce rates that i pointed out toin the forums using the raw data from the Rohan client. The base rates are decent up to +5, but never 100%. they drop to about 20%, then jump back up to 80-70% all the way to +9 then drop off at +10 to about 15%, then jump back up to almost 70% until after +12.

There are parameters they can supply on a per-server basis at the server side to move those closer to 100% for the lower levels, but that dip at +6 really kills a lot of people.
    What about the chance for making an ancient items , what are the rates there?

I did submit a ticket trying to convey the situation. I tried to emphasize that in the times that I knew what I was doing would risk losing the item, I had taken the precautions necessary to prevent the loss of the upgraded pieces. I forged each rare with rare forge preservation stones, when the rare forge failed, I gladly bought another preservation stone to try again without risking the loss of upgraded weapon pieces. Same with the unique forge and ancient forge.

EDIT: GM's provided a one time item restoration due to the circumstances. Thanks again to the Game Master(s) that handled my support ticket so quickly.
    Last edited by roflzilla; 03-26-2015 at 06:05 PM.