+ Reply to Thread

Craftsman troubles

Anybody else having trouble with cata's, or g,dg,xging equips?

Example when i use a g 10 manuel it says minimum success rate 5.25
    i currently have level 1 of master refiner which adds 5 so shouldn't it say 10 on minimum success rate?? When i plug in cata's that are suppose to give 25pts i get 4.25??? pink diamonds at 5.25? If you use 5 25pts cata's that should be 100% i thought. My brain is melting any help would be greatly appreciated.

Uhm, Artisan here.

The artisan skill doesn't affect G9 to G15. So therefore, even if you use Artisan to refine eq with those scrolls, it wont affect the base % success rate.
    When I'm with you, time passes too soon
    To me you're perfect, just like the moon
    Like a flower, our love begins to bloom
    Unlike Beethoven, ours is just a simple tune

I've done a decent amount of G/DG/XG refining and here's what I think:

The master refiner skill increases minimum success rate by a certain % of the base minimum success rate. Since you're Master Refiner is lvl 1 (5%), it increases the success rate by 5% of the base success rate. 5% of 5% is 0.25%. Thus, it added 0.25% ---> 5.00 + 0.25 = 5.25%. Therefore, I'd say that Master Refiner is pretty useless.

I noticed catalysts definitely don't have the same effect as in past versions of Seal Online. For example, in my case, even FIVE lvl 18x armors aren't enough to give me 100% success on a G13 refine. Nowadays, you pretty much have to use the item mall armors to get 100% success for high level refines. So, find some cheap lvl 160+ XG equips with bad opts and use them as catalyst. Maybe throw in a couple 18x armors if Pink Diamond isn't enough.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveyouxx View Post
    Uhm, Artisan here.

The artisan skill doesn't affect G9 to G15. So therefore, even if you use Artisan to refine eq with those scrolls, it wont affect the base % success rate.
    I leveled the skill to master refiner level 2 and it did go up on base success rate for g 10 manual from 5.25% to 5.50%. So i dunno maybe you thinking of different game but thank you anyway for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Notoriousss View Post
    I've done a decent amount of G/DG/XG refining and here's what I think:

The master refiner skill increases minimum success rate by a certain % of the base minimum success rate. Since you're Master Refiner is lvl 1 (5%), it increases the success rate by 5% of the base success rate. 5% of 5% is 0.25%. Thus, it added 0.25% ---> 5.00 + 0.25 = 5.25%. Therefore, I'd say that Master Refiner is pretty useless.

I noticed catalysts definitely don't have the same effect as in past versions of Seal Online. For example, in my case, even FIVE lvl 18x armors aren't enough to give me 100% success on a G13 refine. Nowadays, you pretty much have to use the item mall armors to get 100% success for high level refines. So, find some cheap lvl 160+ XG equips with bad opts and use them as catalyst. Maybe throw in a couple 18x armors if Pink Diamond isn't enough.

Hope this helps.
    You appear to be right notoriousss i think back in the day it actually was a total of 25% increase to base , if you maxed out the master refiner skill. Hopefully its just some bug or unforseen glitch with artistan. Cause 1.25% more with the skill maxed is nothing and it makes changing into artistan worthless in my opinion. g,dg,xging equips-gears is are bread and butter. I only picked artistan class because of this improved skill we are suppose to have so much for that i guess. thanks for your input notoriouss.