Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    So then, by your standards, we shouldn't be posting any photos from google then, unless they're of us? Whut.

PumpkinPie (MattysPie) - 99 Priest - Original Esoteric - TURNED TEMPLAR 4/12/2010 -->Forever
    CherryPie - 99 Priest - Masters -->Forever

It's more of a guideline than a legal issue with pics of other people being posted on here.
    Lets not turn into 4chan RL bashing
    9X-7I > 3(3X-7U) D.S.G : http://i.imgur.com/zsGFW.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetestShampoo View Post
    So then, by your standards, we shouldn't be posting any photos from google then, unless they're of us? Whut.
    Y'know, a lot of the pictures you find on a Google search are copyrighted, so in a way, you are dead on there. I kid you not, some of the sites hosting those pics take exception to you hot-linking or copying them.

Also that link to your cosplay account is every bit as serious as when Koph posted somebody's FB page link (remember how YNK treated him when the person complained). While you may have had it shut down, when it was posted it was active.
    Now YNK is stating right up front no links to fb pages at all or any other RL info at all.

Well, I've done my bit and alerted you and YNK to it. My job is done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Qsexy View Post
    It's more of a guideline than a legal issue with pics of other people being posted on here.
    Lets not turn into 4chan RL bashing
    If someone posted a pic of me, I could sue YNK for it and they would lose. Them owning all that happens on their system & all that. It is up to YNK to police that kind of thing and if they don't, they pay the price.

Not the guy who posts it. That policing is part of the reason those new posts regarding forum behavior was posted. It is all common sense stuff and their way of telling us all that if we post rl info about others on this board, there can be ... consequences.

The funny part is, Koph never actually posted a facebook link on rohan forum. It was just private messaged to a couple people on vent (not on forum!).
    Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

Emanoela - 110 Priest - Forever! Rosemud - Ranger Guild Wars 2
    Lark - 108 Predator - Forever! Jalliel - Mesmer Guild Wars 2
    ~Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    If someone posted a pic of me, I could sue YNK for it and they would lose. Them owning all that happens on their system & all that. It is up to YNK to police that kind of thing and if they don't, they pay the price.
    Actually you have to report to the YNK admins about your RL info (pics, details, home address etc) being posted up. They are then supposed to remove it. You cannot just sue just because someone else puts it up there. They are not supposed to police that kinda stuff. The same goes for Youtube and many other services. The real owner of that intellectual property will get reported to youtube and they will take it down based on the reports they receive.
    9X-7I > 3(3X-7U) D.S.G : http://i.imgur.com/zsGFW.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    The funny part is, Koph never actually posted a facebook link on rohan forum. It was just private messaged to a couple people on vent (not on forum!).
    Yeah he posted a link to a picture on the ROHAN facebook page. That's it. Just a picture that EVERYONE here could see anyway if they've liked the rohan facebook page. So dumb.

PumpkinPie (MattysPie) - 99 Priest - Original Esoteric - TURNED TEMPLAR 4/12/2010 -->Forever

Quote Originally Posted by SweetestShampoo View Post
    Present for you

Banned
    Actually they are. But in all fairness I think a reasonable person (including I) would take the approach you are mentioning.

However if it was reported (and the report documented) and the site owners did nothing, the **** will be on a collision course of with the fast-spinning fan.

Believe me, I ran a site several years back and had all kinds of legal issues from lawyers for some, um, inappropriate stuff being visible on the public parts of my boards. And that was nothing more than a bunch of people talking about a 3rd-party's real life situation. I wound up having to shut the site down in a big hurry. I really do know where I am coming from here as I have been on the receiving end of it.

---------- edit ---------

Dammit. I want some pie now

I understand what you mean.

Luckily nothing was posted that I couldn't handle on my own. No real pictures, and a cosplaylab site which has been deleted anyway. No worries!

Banned
    Then with that I will tame my exit - stage right.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast