+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FPS?

FPS?

The FPS in this game is ridiculously low. Is it capped? If so, is there a way to bypass this? It simply hinders my gameplay completely.. i remember playing this game in my ****ty pc, and now that i have a better pc, that everything else runs smoothly on, this game runs the same? Talk about a kick in the nuts..

Rohan's game engine is only from 2007 and yeah its capped at 20 fps. Private servers have no fps cap (some of them at least) but you know theres the added drama of all pservers.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

The only pservers at the moment are indo/thai/viet scams.

So is there really no other way? I saw a way you could mess with the system a bit and remove the cap, not sure how to do it though.

Nah you cant from what I understand your copy of the client's files would not match the mapserver and you would just crash constantly.

There is a way. You change a particular byte in the exe using a hex editor and it removes the limiter. Seen it and even tested it myself using the client exe in use at the time on the official server. Unfortunately I've forgotten what byte you edit -_-

Although it would be highly against the ToC to do such a thing, I thought I should add.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard18 View Post
    So is there really no other way? I saw a way you could mess with the system a bit and remove the cap, not sure how to do it though.
    Not in official Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Nah you cant from what I understand your copy of the client's files would not match the mapserver and you would just crash constantly.
    The Mapserver won't care (unless you disable the gameguard beacon handshake). BUT there are components on the client side that do care and would freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte28 View Post
    There is a way. You change a particular byte in the exe using a hex editor and it removes the limiter. Seen it and even tested it myself using the client exe in use at the time on the official server. Unfortunately I've forgotten what byte you edit -_-
    Running a patched rohanclient.exe directly on offy rohan does not work so well. While you could certainly patch the executable file, you have to launch it via the loader (which supplies the required command line args to connect rohanclient.exe to the server). Also im mot sure what gameguard would think of the patched client exec either. These days GG freaks out even with only 100% official client code running. Crashes & bogus gg forced closures are rampant in this game and the source for a huge amount of anger here.

Thing is that the loader pulls down a file list containing the sizes and md5 hashes for every file in the client. If anything is different than the server image, a virgin copy is downloaded that wipes any patches files one on your system (i tested this ny trying to change the startup music in the game).
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

What if you use the shortcut trick I showed you and dekon? that should bypass using the loader as long as you have all the updated content (example: game would crash if I entered the craft studio because I didnt run the loader to get that costume storage NPC)

so the process could be

step 1: Run loader to update files
    step 2: patch rohanclient.exe or replace the one in the rohan folder for the time being
    step 3: open rohanclient.exe using the shortcut trick that points to the login server

but either way I dont think its worth it 20 fps has its advantages like using skills from the safezone

rohanclient.exe definitely requires parameters to access the ssl login server (yes, you can start it that way even in offy). Tht is how it is run in most of the asian pservers that don't know how to make their own laoder. Attempting to run it without parameters cases a crash as soon as it attempts to contact that server.

It does not bypass gameguard though and gameguard may well freak out if it finds the rohanclient.exe file changed.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.