+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows"

My laptop was working fine, But used to be really slow and rohan used to be laggy, So i toke it to the store to format it.

Now, i started playing, i was happy with the results, rohan was running smoothly, Then the entire screen went black (i play rohan in windows mode). My laptop screen went back, after 1-2seconds it turned back to normal with a "display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows" error at the bottom of the screen. What do i do? I went to the shop and they said they will re-format and ****, But that will take another whole day. Is there any other way i can just solve it? So far (it's been 2hours since i got the laptop back, and only played rohan), I didn't see it happening when i wasn't on rohan. So what do i do? Is there any solution?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Dex guardian - lildevil46(Original owner) - Guild: Esoteric - Level 8x - (SOLD)
    Ranger - Crayola (New owner) - level 9x (SOLD)
    Psy Wiz - XiaoXing (New owner) - Level 8x (SOLD)
    Psy Wiz - Xemnes (Original owner) - Level 9x (Divinity)
    "Games don't make people violent, lag does"

Yes I got the same problem , But yet I can not find a solution.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Re-instal video drivers, directX etc.
    Update your OS.
    Update your mobo.

Don't have any other programs running in the background.

Check if anything is overheating TechPower GPU-Z for both cpu and gpu temps, dunno but there are some for your MOBO as well,.. though I suppose you would feel it if anything ran hot. Allow for enough cooling.

Pray your MOBO doesn't need to be replaced (which would most likely mean: new lappy), but in this case..try to charge them peeps at the shop since you didn't have the issue before you brought it in.

If the problem ONLY occurs when you're playing rohan (or any other game) then it's most likely due to the above mentioned overheating, settings, software or driver issues. Seeing as everything got formatted, I assume some things went missing and need to be re-installed or updated.
    If the problem occurs at all times and not just when playing a game (to test that, have your laptop running a while without game and do some office-work or anything that's not as heavy as a game), browsing etc.. if you still have it then, it could be defective hardware (your mobo, bad memory etc)

Precaution: when updating your Bios take serious care by checking and double checking whatever you're going to install/update is the correct version. Do the updating through your bios update utility and don't be hasty. Also check your mobo manufacturers forums and google to see if others are having issues with the same mobo and or update version.

I'm not responsible for any mishaps through using above recommendations.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Re-instal video drivers, directX etc.
    Update your OS.
    Update your mobo.

Don't have any other programs running in the background.

Check if anything is overheating TechPower GPU-Z for both cpu and gpu temps, dunno but there are some for your MOBO as well,.. though I suppose you would feel it if anything ran hot. Allow for enough cooling.

Pray your MOBO doesn't need to be replaced (which would most likely mean: new lappy), but in this case..try to charge them peeps at the shop since you didn't have the issue before you brought it in.

If the problem ONLY occurs when you're playing rohan (or any other game) then it's most likely due to the above mentioned overheating, settings, software or driver issues. Seeing as everything got formatted, I assume some things went missing and need to be re-installed or updated.
    If the problem occurs at all times and not just when playing a game (to test that, have your laptop running a while without game and do some office-work or anything that's not as heavy as a game), browsing etc.. if you still have it then, it could be defective hardware (your mobo, bad memory etc)

Precaution: when updating your Bios take serious care by checking and double checking whatever you're going to install/update is the correct version. Do the updating through your bios update utility and don't be hasty. Also check your mobo manufacturers forums and google to see if others are having issues with the same mobo and or update version.

I'm not responsible for any mishaps through using above recommendations.

First off, Thanks for taking the time to properly reply in details, Really appreciate it man.

Anyways, yeah it ONLY happened when i was on rohan, i was using the laptop regularly, just on msn, google chrome, nothing, but when i'd go on rohan that would happen. Also, Under my laptop does turn hot.. (like hotter than usual) has been that day for a month+ or so.. And about the updating, if thats the case then i don't want to risk it because im not that into computers, i dont really know what im doing when it comes to system files and stuff. And i really don't know if it had to do with anything, but i changed the Resolution of rohan. (I was on Windows mode, switched it to fullscreen). And i've been on for a couple of hours and nothing so far. (Used to crash every 5~15mins before). So yeah.

Another thing, Will getting those fan things, that you put the laptop ontop of it, for it to cooldown your laptop, Are those effective? Are they any good? Thanks .

Could be some client instability with the windowed mode. Mind clarifying which resolution you play on and which size window you played with as well as your monitor resolution?

~┤HellHunter - Ranger (Jin)├~
    ~┤Mystery Character surpassing HH (Jin)├~
    Quote Originally Posted by kiosk05 View Post
    Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p
    Have a problem? Look no further
    READ THIS NOW FOR ACCOUNT SECURITY

Quote Originally Posted by TheHellHunter View Post
    Could be some client instability with the windowed mode. Mind clarifying which resolution you play on and which size window you played with as well as your monitor resolution?
    Laptop monitors resolution says " 1366 x 766 (Recommended)"
    And as for rohan i play on 1280 x 720 16bit
    Oh and it was fine all night, but now i dc'd (Wanted to restarted dsl) and i restarted laptop just for the hell of it. And it Just happened again. Even though I was in full screen. I just have - Msn, Google chrome running in the background (if thats related).

That's pretty weird. All I can suggest would be to update your video card drivers if you have one. How old is this laptop? Can you provide a make and model if possible as well?

Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by TheHellHunter View Post
    That's pretty weird. All I can suggest would be to update your video card drivers if you have one. How old is this laptop? Can you provide a make and model if possible as well?
    Um i guess its a.. maybe 2 years old? And do can i provide "a make and model" ?

A product name would be nice if possible, like what brand/name of the PC itself.