View Poll Results: Which of our current projects would you be MOST interested in seeing prioritized?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Game Balancing (Skill Improvement/Changes)!

35 64.81%
  • Game Balancing (Damage Formula Rework for PvP + PvE)!

32 59.26%
  • New Boss Monster w/ New Drops + Improved AI!

9 16.67%
  • New PvP Item Sets (Armors/Weapons) obtainable through PVP/Dungeons!

3 5.56%
  • New Item Sets (Armors/Weapons)!

2 3.70%
  • New Dungeons/Maps (Including Renewal of Old Content)!

10 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Indeed blunt mastery is deeply flawed. It is not something that can be fixed by juggling numbers in the configuration files. The basic mechanics of how blunt mastery works is broken and always has been. The folks in North America do not have the skills or corporate mandate to fix core issues like that. Only PW Korea has the developers and access to the code necessary to make that kind of change.

Look at it this way: if PWI (North America) took it upon themselves to make this change, and I am certain if they wanted to they could find a developer to do it for them, what would happen to that change the first time new content comes in from Korea? Gone! You can't merge that kind of change.

The only way blunt mastery will ever be fixed is if PW Korea does the change, and they don't read these forums. It would be up to PWI to convince their parent company in Korea that this change is necessary and I don't think either one is all that convinced it would bring in those tactical profits they are so fond of.

Iceyy: Nobody is gonna bother to read thru 7 pages of game complaints to see what you wrote on page 2...

There is nothing at all wrong with the magic/melee blunt conversion itself. What is wrong is how that converfted melee interacts with the melee attack modifiers you add in-game. If you apply magic attack modifications, they add converted melee. If you turn around and add melee attack modifications they compound to that converted melee basically giving you an unfair double modifications. This whole 'double dip' compounding is the problem that gives Templars that unfair advantage - not the blunt conversion itself. It is also the reason why pretty much all of the templar's magic attacks go unused in favor of players squeezing the last dregs of unfair Melee out of that double dip formula.

To fix it, PW has to make melee enhancers work ONLY on melee not derived from blunt mastery. That is not a easy as it sounds and it would take a huge effort on PWI to convince PW Korea it is the right thing to do.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 05-31-2015 at 04:20 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    They could've started by not selling/providing overpowered and stat-enhancing items on the IM and/or ingame.. They may not be able to change the actual skill, but they are able to change what affects them.
    Yet, they're still too narrow-minded to change anything in that regards.

The idea behind Isen, though the horse had already bolted, wasn't all too bad. In fact, it was quite promising.. and then they started adding their crap onto the pile of already dried dung.

I remember the time where, who was it - Atzigan(?), we were asked to compile our issues with skills and come up with a skill/class balancing idea. That idea was then forwarded to Korea and as a result.. we got everything we did not ask.
    We got skills that are a laughable duplicate from already existing classes.. making certain builds even more obsolete and others yet more powerful. As if they needed it, but who cares, right?

To top that off, they had this tremendous idea to implement Hero skills to the bunch.
    Not only did these hero skills topple the classbalance even more over to the OP side of things, they also figured only certain builds would get the benefit out of them. Goodbye class divirsity, for the little there was left of it.

Adding Epic weapons to the game was such a failure, even PWI could not hide behind their usual wall of silence and were officially admitted to be a "mistake". Alas, instead of doing a reroll of the servers (which, at the time, was still a possibility if not the only one), they countered this with the sale of upgraded weapons.
    Not only was this a quite retarded move, they also refrained from selling the last pieces - which was an incredible troll move. Not that I, personally, minded that since those weapons should not have been sold in the first place. Then, after some extreme community rage it was actually promised to us that never again an epic or upgraded weapon would be sold if it was up to said GM.
    Now, you would think that would mean anything - instead, even more overpowered upgraded pieces were sold (lol?) and said GM quit relatively closely thereafter.

Now, we get a new GM (one out of how many?), who barges in full of promises, idea's and perhaps misplaced enthusiasm, and we are scolded and frowned upon for being rather hesistant.
    Not only that, but we are also expected, once again, to put effort into idea's about classbalance and skill changes.

How long has teleport been disabled by now?
    I am not sure if just a joke at our expense or if actually serious.

Albeit, I think Voimasta has been beaten as n°1 troll.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    The only way blunt mastery will ever be fixed is if PW Korea does the change, and they don't read these forums. It would be up to PWI to convince their parent company in Korea that this change is necessary and I don't think either one is all that convinced it would bring in those tactical profits they are so fond of.
    Its the truth right here...I think its why nobody is getting their hopes up the new GMs will be able to make any difference. We've been through it before, even if the new GMs all agree we need a class balance patch, we all know we are 100x more likely to instead just get more pay to win content added instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Iceyy: Nobody is gonna bother to read thru 7 pages of game complaints to see what you wrote on page 2...
    He probably read through the other posts on the first 7 pages and just ignored her posts. After she spent years bashing on anyone who suggested that blunt mastery was broken and needed fixed, you really don't expect her to change her tune. I don't blame him...we all have seen her for years on the forums begging for more upgrades and claiming blunt mastery was alright. Well what do we have now...a blunt mastery that has never been fixed, more upgrades, and a lower population than ever. You would think after absorbing the PH players this game would have seen an uptick in players for a while...but nah...not even a year later and the game population is at an all time low.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Its the truth right here...I think its why nobody is getting their hopes up the new GMs will be able to make any difference. We've been through it before, even if the new GMs all agree we need a class balance patch, we all know we are 100x more likely to instead just get more pay to win content added instead.

He probably read through the other posts on the first 7 pages and just ignored her posts. After she spent years bashing on anyone who suggested that blunt mastery was broken and needed fixed, you really don't expect her to change her tune. I don't blame him...we all have seen her for years on the forums begging for more upgrades and claiming blunt mastery was alright. Well what do we have now...a blunt mastery that has never been fixed, more upgrades, and a lower population than ever. You would think after absorbing the PH players this game would have seen an uptick in players for a while...but nah...not even a year later and the game population is at an all time low.

cuz these greedy assholes created isen at the worst possible time when both servers were already low on population. so what do they do create ANOTHER server to take people away from jin/ran. and made it 190% pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post

Its funny how this guy seems to think I am an oracle for rohan changes. I never said that blunt mastery was fine if you ever read one of my posts you would see that I said blunt mastery was fine when it was fixed but gear has been updated and so blunt mastery also needs to be updated. As far as upgrades go that is a grave that playwith dug themselves into a long time ago. This game has upgrades and they were not going anywhere then and wont go anywhere now so yeah the best course of action was to make some new upgrade. I didnt tell them to make it 4 parts or give it 70% or 90% range attack, they basically saw it as a chance to maybe balance the classes and maximize profits by making u buy the weapons. While we (the farming type) hate it you cant deny they made a big chunk of change and ppl are still playing this game for some reason so it worked out.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Its funny how this guy seems to think I am an oracle for rohan changes. I never said that blunt mastery was fine if you ever read one of my posts you would see that I said blunt mastery was fine when it was fixed but gear has been updated and so blunt mastery also needs to be updated. As far as upgrades go that is a grave that playwith dug themselves into a long time ago. This game has upgrades and they were not going anywhere then and wont go anywhere now so yeah the best course of action was to make some new upgrade. I didnt tell them to make it 4 parts or give it 70% or 90% range attack, they basically saw it as a chance to maybe balance the classes and maximize profits by making u buy the weapons. While we (the farming type) hate it you cant deny they made a big chunk of change and ppl are still playing this game for some reason so it worked out.
    Its working out till there are no more players and they keep thinking, hey games fine is still making money even tho its going down hill. Upgrds should have been the same as the ones in the past Meister and Fennati ones with 60% ATK. They had a money making machine called Crafted weapons that are now useless. Glacials weren't needed but what can we say they always have the last word.

...yes blunt mastery fix :P
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

up till they made this thread u were still arguing like an idiot that blunt mastery is ok and it is that people just never legit "pushed their chars to their max capabilities" basically the same bullcrap this other E2N retard is trying to say. when the fact is blunt mastery doubledips and incredibly broken.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshine View Post
    up till they made this thread u were still arguing like an idiot that blunt mastery is ok and it is that people just never legit "pushed their chars to their max capabilities" basically the same bullcrap this other E2N retard is trying to say. when the fact is blunt mastery doubledips and incredibly broken.
    Consider this no-bull**** post #1 because I doubt theres anything left for you to yap about (that would be constructive at least)
    ^You posted that a little early in the thread. I moved it to a more appropriate spot for you

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnc1186ishere View Post
    cuz these greedy assholes created isen at the worst possible time when both servers were already low on population. so what do they do create ANOTHER server to take people away from jin/ran. and made it 190% pay to play.
    The timing of it really didn't matter...if they did it right Isen would have just become the dominant server. What they messed up was that the classes were still broken, which really wasn't too shocking considering the skills were identical to the other servers, and it was too expensive.

Its why I've been saying over and over in this thread...give us a skill balance patch, and if Jainus is going to be the primary server upgrades should be heavily reduced, otherwise you simply aren't going to see any population growth when the game basically has a 200 dollar buy in on a decent weapon. Even if we get a skill balance patch...the game being over priced is reason enough for veteran players not to return, and for new players who stumble upon the game to laugh their asses off and go play something else with a higher population and that doesn't require as much money.

There is one reason and one reason only why the new upgrades exist. In order to merge Ran and Jin, they had to offer them because Ran has them and the folks that went to Jin did so either because they did not want to play in a game where they exist or because they could not get an upgrade themselves when they were originally offered and were being outclassed at every turn in Ran. If they didn't offer them, every single person playing on Jin woujld have thrown up their hands and walked ouit the nearest door.

So what did PWI do? Well they offered them relatively cheap to everybody - to the Jin folks because they didn't have any and to the Ran folks because the new ones were built on a higher weapon tier. When I say cheap, remember how much the original 4-part upgrades cost to make. At $20 US/part, the new ones were a steal by comparison. Why they continued to offer them for months after the merge completed is (to me) nothing more than taking advantage of tactical profits driven by and market demand.

Janus is irrevocably broken with all the the attack enhancements everywhere. There is no way in hell these guys will ever be able to balance that pile of slithery snakes.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 05-31-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast