+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Not at all. Bitcoins may be bought, sold and traded for products on the common market. That is not the case with RPs. You cannot use RPs to purchase goods in any store. You can with bitcoins as there are businesses out there that accept them as currency.

Bitcoins != RPs.

I am afraid that if you are attempting to get compensation for PWI virtual goods that were stolen from you, your only recourse is through PWI. If that fails, of course you certainly have the option of addressing PWI with your legal suit.

Talk to your lawyer.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Not at all. Bitcoins may be bought, sold and traded for products on the common market. That is not the case with RPs. You cannot use RPs to purchase goods in any store. You can with bitcoins as there are businesses out there that accept them as currency.

Bitcoins != RPs.

I am afraid that if you are attempting to get compensation for PWI virtual goods that were stolen from you, your only recourse is through PWI. If that fails, of course you certainly have the option of addressing PWI with your legal suit.

Talk to your lawyer.
    Under the US law, maybe. Not with the french law (which is applicable to my case). To summarize it, I file a complaint in french court, and he will request data to PLW (through a californian judge that will order PLW to deliver it). Once it's done, the judge is going to seek the identity of the thief, then file an extradition request (aswell usually through an Interpol blue notice) to the country were he lives in order for him to be trialed in france.

The moment I'm doing it, that guy is going to go in France with handcuffs.

And plw's tos have nothing to do with it. I don't even see why you are raising a contract I only signed with PLW. That'd be like raising the contract I signed with Hyundai or Ferrari, while I've been stolen the car by someone else.

The guy that stole me would be american, lithuanian, or from any other country, that's still not an international litigation and falls by the french law : stealing is a crime, and as a citizen of France it falls under the french law that protects me.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Look. You want to try and sue him. Go ahead. Sue him.

Just 4 words left for you....

Talk. To. Your. Lawyer.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by eikniwt View Post
    Under the US law, maybe. Not with the french law (which is applicable to my case). To summarize it, I file a complaint in french court, and he will request data to PLW (through a californian judge that will order PLW to deliver it). Once it's done, the judge is going to seek the identity of the thief, then file an extradition request (aswell usually through an Interpol blue notice) to the country were he lives in order for him to be trialed in france.

And plw's tos have nothing to do with it. I don't even see why you are raising a contract I only signed with PLW. That'd be like raising the contract I signed with Hyundai or Ferrari, while I've been stolen the car by someone else.

The guy that stole me would be american, lithuanian, or from any other country, that's still not an international litigation and falls by the french law : stealing is a crime, and as a citizen of France it falls under the french law that protects me.
    One would think a french diplomat would be smarter than thinking his country is going to risk an international conflict over some virtual items.
    But then again history tells us that France is mostly all talk and waving white flags.
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Look. You want to try and sue him. Go ahead. Sue him.

Just 4 words left for you....

Talk. To. Your. Lawyer.
    You seem you did not understand but oh well.

I haven't been scammed at all, but I can tell you that if it was going to happen a lawsuit would pull him in jail. On a side note, Dolce has already successfully sued someone when he got scammed once.

Quote Originally Posted by eikniwt View Post

Treating virtual goods as personal property would not address the problems of diminution or elimination of the value of virtual goods due to (i) alteration of the difficulty of acquisition through modifications in the game play or duplication of virtual items by game operators; (ii) modification or deletion of virtual items by game operators; (iii) illegitimate duplication of virtual items by means of third party exploitations of errors or weaknesses in the games’ source code; (iv) the third party use of computer programs that automatically play online games to acquire virtual items; (v) game operators suspending or terminating user accounts as a result of violations of the terms of service (such as abusive or obscene communications); and (vi) game operators shutting down or otherwise ceasing to support games due to declining player participation and/or revenues, insolvency or sale of the operators, or any other reason.

You signed and agreed on PWI ToS, thus they are real owners of all your property and no lawyer is going to save you.

But then again France might be retarded, after all they have you.

If I scammed anyone in Rohan and they tried to sue me from outside my home country, they would have a very difficult time getting me extradited to <insert country here> since I have never committed a crime on <insert country here> soil. A foreign court can try and subpoena me all they want but they can't enforce it. My legal team would simply tell that judge to go stuff a <favorite national foodsuff> up their poop chute.

No, if I were a scammer, it would be PWI that would have to deal with it using punishments that would be no more severe than closing my accounts. There really is not much else they could do to me.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-16-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyIntegra666 View Post
    Treating virtual goods as personal property would not address the problems of diminution or elimination of the value of virtual goods due to (i) alteration of the difficulty of acquisition through modifications in the game play or duplication of virtual items by game operators; (ii) modification or deletion of virtual items by game operators; (iii) illegitimate duplication of virtual items by means of third party exploitations of errors or weaknesses in the games’ source code; (iv) the third party use of computer programs that automatically play online games to acquire virtual items; (v) game operators suspending or terminating user accounts as a result of violations of the terms of service (such as abusive or obscene communications); and (vi) game operators shutting down or otherwise ceasing to support games due to declining player participation and/or revenues, insolvency or sale of the operators, or any other reason.

You signed and agreed on PWI ToS, thus they are real owners of all your property and no lawyer is going to save you.

But then again France might be retarded, after all they have you.
    "To date, there have been very few lawsuits in the U.S. involving virtual goods. One case against the operator of Second Life settled out of court and another seeking to define the rights of purchasers of virtual property in Second Life is ongoing. As is frequently the case, technology far outpaces the law and the law struggles to catch up. Given the large amounts of money at stake, hopefully the uncertainty of the legal status of virtual goods will be resolved sooner rather than later."

That question has been already answered in France, as there are already four legal precedents, all going with personnal property definition.

There are actually no legal status of virtual goods in USA and the ToS doesn't apply if there is a sue against one individual (and not against PLW). One individual can't raise a contract that hasn't been signed between the two parties involved in the law dispute ; so the law applies (or legal precedents) and the ToS are irrelevant.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Banned
    And let me correct you, PlW has the Intellectual Property rights, but not the personnal property of any virtual good they sold through IM or that has been sold through EM.

So when Rohan shuts down, what are yo going to do about it? All your "personal property" is gone. What will you do about it? Sue them? Good luck.

In fact the ToS itself (you know that thing you agreed to by making an account here) defines exactly what your rights are in regards to virtual goods and your account here. And you agreed top those definitions by simply being here and responding to this.

You can sit in a French courtroom and rage about it til doomsday, but that ToS is attached to a service provided by an American company. Regardless of what a French court defines within its borders that ToS document, and your willing acceptance of it is the law here as recognized by the International community. Local french statutes do not outweigh international law.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-16-2015 at 03:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast