+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: goodbye rohan

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.

Busy with other games as well - BDO is pretty neat, lots of afk features, not your usual mmorpg though, but once you get the hang of stuff it's pretty interesting.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnc1186 View Post
    dude wth are you talking about? i played wow for 3 days and after logging into rohan the 20 fps constant lag literally like flickered and hurt my eyes. rohan has to be one of the ****tiest LOOKING games there is. wow is super amazing in its detail its crazy how much better wow is than any other game. you can't even put wow and rohan in the same category of tiers. now when i login rohan to sell my remaining sh.it i can't move the screen because it LITERALLY hurts my eyes. idk what you're talking about outdated graphics the games like 10 years old and still looks fkn great. trees 2d? idk what game u logged into but i have a 1070 gtx as well.

and here's my priest literally on fire with holy power. op as fk

And you don't find the color saturation more than a little overdone? You want to see 2d trees, look at the screenie I posted from WoW. I'm glad you like it and it satisfies you.
    I'm a little more of a perfectionist because I have seen (way) better too - even in f2p games.

And no, Rohan is way at the bottom of the totem pole as far as up-to-date gfx goes.

But hey, I'm not going to try and convince you away from a game you are enjoying. Have at it and hf. I will be doing the same with those I play

@ Peagle - I love BDO's gfx. IMHO they put WoW to shame. I'll go back into it when my download cap is close to resetting I haven't updated in a while.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 10-18-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    And you don't find the color saturation more than a little overdone? You want to see 2d trees, look at the screenie I posted from WoW. I'm glad you like it and it satisfies you.
    I'm a little more of a perfectionist because I have seen (way) better too - even in f2p games.

And no, Rohan is way at the bottom of the totem pole as far as up-to-date gfx goes.

But hey, I'm not going to try and convince you away from a game you are enjoying. Have at it and hf. I will be doing the same with those I play

@ Peagle - I love BDO's gfx. IMHO they put WoW to shame. I'll go back into it when my download cap is close to resetting I haven't updated in a while.
    in no way am i saying wow has the best graphics in anyway what im saying is to look at rohan i literally hurts my eyes. and i'm not sure if the games always been that way and my eyes adjusted to it or if it was a recent update that lowered the frame rates. its so bad it hurts my eyes.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    in no way am i saying wow has the best graphics in anyway what im saying is to look at rohan i literally hurts my eyes. and i'm not sure if the games always been that way and my eyes adjusted to it or if it was a recent update that lowered the frame rates. its so bad it hurts my eyes.

Frame rates always been capped, graphics (other than character and skills) always been low on textures. TBF though, I like the looks of the characters and skills in Rohan. They are old but do not feel so. I also find that the combat has a really meaty feel to it. When you hack and slash, it feels as if you actually hit something. Not unlike many other games where it feels you're hitting thin air instead.

It's about the only positive thing i can say about rohan, right now.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Frame rates always been capped, graphics (other than character and skills) always been low on textures. TBF though, I like the looks of the characters and skills in Rohan. They are old but do not feel so. I also find that the combat has a really meaty feel to it. When you hack and slash, it feels as if you actually hit something. Not unlike many other games where it feels you're hitting thin air instead.

It's about the only positive thing i can say about rohan, right now.
    yeah i agree i guess my eyes got used to it, play another game without playing rohan for like 4-5 days and login rohan and it'll hurt your eyes. i always like the graphics in rohan, i'm not much of a graphics person as long as the game feels good playing im good. and that's what i like about rohan the satisfaction of pve and pvp. but now agi dhans 1-2 crits everything there isn't any pvp anymore and even if the pvp magically got great, there's no one left playing the game lol. so yeah i had to get out while i can. wow is amazing im glad i picked it up, i'm almost 110 max level on my hunter and i'm op i have 16k agi and 1mill hp. and i got all my gear by questing and raiding. and when i feel like it i can change my spec or even char or class whenever i want i dont need hundreds of dollars on class change etc

Banned
    yeah i agree i guess my eyes got used to it, play another game without playing rohan for like 4-5 days and login rohan and it'll hurt your eyes. i always like the graphics in rohan, i'm not much of a graphics person as long as the game feels good playing im good. and that's what i like about rohan the satisfaction of pve and pvp. but now agi dhans 1-2 crits everything there isn't any pvp anymore and even if the pvp magically got great, there's no one left playing the game lol. so yeah i had to get out while i can. wow is amazing im glad i picked it up, i'm almost 110 max level on my hunter and i'm op i have 16k agi and 1mill hp. and i got all my gear by questing and raiding. and when i feel like it i can change my spec or even char or class whenever i want i dont need hundreds of dollars on class change etc
    understand 100% on the desire to get away from Rohan. If I log in anymore it is to simply socialize with any friends I have left there (not many of those left but there are a few) for a day or so and I'm gone again for 3-6 months.

WoW does have the benefit of being playable without breaking the bank. You really don't have to pay anything beyond the subscription fee if you don't want to, but there really isn't anything from barring you from throwing money at it if that is what you want. You son't throw as much at WoW as you do Rohan in any case.

I also get Peagle's comments on the battle dynamics as well. Rohan does have that visceral quality you don't find in too many games, but that is just about the only plus that it has left.
    Is Rohan worth the cost to play it? To me it is not.
    Is WoW a suitable replacement for me? Not really - it hurts my eyes
    Is there another game out there that I can point to and say it is addictive for me as Rohan was? Not yet - I'm still waiting.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 10-18-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Pouring one out for shawnc1186 tha legend.

Never forget all his 1v1 victories.

nivlA? Rekt
    Dutty? Super rekt
    Neo? Brutal Savage Rekt
    Edoin? wait what rekt?
    tRash? REKT!

His 1v1 pictures will now go on my wall with muh SallyBr0wn nudes

But yeah u should come play tera man I know u liked l2 this is l3!

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Funny that you mentioned Neverwinter earlier in the thread PJ - That's what I've been playing during my hiatus from Rohan.

Looking at the WoW screenies - Neverwinters graphics look far superior. Its almost strange playing on servers that are massively populated!

I decided to make a GWF and its great for farming, which I've decided I'm going to do, rather than dump a ton of cash into the game. Not tried PvP yet, but I'm guessing that it won't match Rohan (before stat inflation got stupid).
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Banned
    Wanted to get back into BDO, but it wants to downloads a 31GB client ... just to update my existing one. Can't doo that anytime soon without blowing my ISP cap

NWO Updated my NW client and waiting til maint is over before I can go back in and see what's been updated. That will prolly be where i hang out most of the time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Pouring one out for shawnc1186 tha legend.

Never forget all his 1v1 victories.

nivlA? Rekt
    Dutty? Super rekt
    Neo? Brutal Savage Rekt
    Edoin? wait what rekt?
    tRash? REKT!

His 1v1 pictures will now go on my wall with muh SallyBr0wn nudes

But yeah u should come play tera man I know u liked l2 this is l3!
    but its not l3 because the developers stole the cold and anyone who had anything to do with l2 left after that. l2 to me is still the best mmo ever created i just dont have time to get back into it.