+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Here's a small tip for leveling in Origin:

Once you start getting to some of the other maps there are repeatable gathering quests (drops from mobs) you can do that give you exp and crones at each of the the main quest stops. They are a great way to level and build up your bank quickly. Here is how to maximize those:

At the beginning of each map standing near the main quest NPC is an NPC that will offer a repeatable quest. Accept that quest. While you are working through that map gather as many of the drops specified by that npc as you can. Work your way through the map along the main quest line. Don't accept any more of the repeatable quests or cash in any of those drops.

When you get to the last main quest NPC in the current map, cash in ALL of the drops you got. You will get at least a couple levels. Move on to the first main quest NPC in the new map and clear the level (you will be beyond what it expects) and accept the repeatable quest from the NPC next to it to find out what you need for drops in that map. If there are3 types of drops, just collect the most plentiful one - you don't need both unless you want to collect them. repeat what you did with the previous map working through your levels and collecting the drops until the lase main quest NPC for that map.

Gather all drops for a particular map (the 1st repeatable NPC fdo the map will tell you what the drop you need is).
    Can you show me where the first one of these is? I started a new character while I wait for a resolution with my other one (lol) and didn't see one at einhorn
    Zedya - Scout 76

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YueZED View Post
    Can you show me where the first one of these is? I started a new character while I wait for a resolution with my other one (lol) and didn't see one at einhorn
    Follow the main quest trail. It will take you to each station. When you bring up your quest log, click onn the one marked [Main Quest] and a dialog will pop up that lets you locate the NPC you need to report to complete the quest. When you click that locate button 2 things happen:
    1: a big arrow pointing the direction you have to go to find that NPC.
    2: if you look at the map your are currently located in (i.e. Del Lagos) you will see an arrow pointing where you need to go.

do that when you clear a quest step to find the next NPC you need to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Follow the main quest trail. It will take you to each station. When you bring up your quest log, click onn the one marked [Main Quest] and a dialog will pop up that lets you locate the NPC you need to report to complete the quest. When you click that locate button 2 things happen:
    1: a big arrow pointing the direction you have to go to find that NPC.
    2: if you look at the map your are currently located in (i.e. Del Lagos) you will see an arrow pointing where you need to go.

do that when you clear a quest step to find the next NPC you need to go to.
    I meant that secondary quest, the gathering quest. I've never seen any. Just the main quest leveling people. I've talked to both people at the lvl 1 main quest starter area and neither had more quests for me
    Zedya - Scout 76

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by YueZED View Post
    I meant that secondary quest, the gathering quest. I've never seen any. Just the main quest leveling people. I've talked to both people at the lvl 1 main quest starter area and neither had more quests for me
    Ah, these 'gathering' quests are for higher lvls only. Starting somewhere around lvl 30-ish and continuing from there onward.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

You get the first gathering quests starting at 30 in the respective map (DharvnkalsdnflajnvWhateverItsNamed). The level-up pacing is grindy and slow in the 30's and 40's, but it's way faster than R:BF, and after 50 the pacing boosts massively. I think this past Sunday I leveled up from 61-67 in a single day just soloing. The repeatable quests give roughly 10% each hand-in and only take around 40 kills, so soloing between 50 and 70 (my experience) you make roughly 30% an hour - miles better than the "good" exp of 11% an hour at spire and roha in the likes in R:BF.

The game and story are very linear, which I'm not a big fan of, but it's definitely faster to endgame, for sure, which is way nicer.
    Last edited by soulholder; 04-26-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    Former-forum Overlord
    HellHunter

Ah that's good, I always plateau'd at like 55-60 in rbf because I'd get all depressed bored grinding since I couldn't afford to massively have exp scrolls If I can get 10% exp quests later that's really worth it. I don't mind slowing down after 70 -80 because then you've got a bunch of skills and skill points to be relevant. Being stuck at 55 means you're never relevant lmao
    Zedya - Scout 76

I think it still stays pretty quick thereafter. I haven't reached beyond the 66-70 map, though.
    Former-forum Overlord
    HellHunter