+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Haha osouls............... I read the same as you and tried 1 attempt on that game just to see what would happen. I pretty much figured that it was a typo/error on Atzigans part, but yeah I agree that it was a very misleading statement he posted.
    The item that I won? - A 30 day magical defense stone mwahahaha.............
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Quote Originally Posted by osouls View Post
    i did the scratch fued also (3 coins).. 1700 rps since the 200 and 900 ecash coins cant be purchased. i got on 3 scratches ultimate mdef scroll ( useless ) a 3 hr growth seal ( useless for a 115 +10 char ) and 1 ases.. so basically paid 1700 rps for 1 ases. i submitted ticket about false advertising cause gms said

gms replied back

so they say high chance but also say If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you will be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!

so how is that not false advertising?? i played i did not receive +7 like gm said wud if played.
    Snipped from the announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post

Scratch Feud [Ran/Jin]
    There is a high chance that you will be one of the lucky winners that will obtain a Magical Talisman +7 while playing our Scratch Feud game!

If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you will be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!
    Atzigan, please read the highlighted statement very carefully. Look at the language that you folks used. It does not say
    "If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you might be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"
    or
    "If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you may be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"
    or
    "If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you could be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"

Those introduce the possibility that you would NOT get a talisman. Uncertainty.
    No. You guys said:

"If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you WILL be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"

There is no uncertainty in this statement. You say here with certainty that if you are playing in Ran or Jin and you play this game, you WILL be one of the lucky winners of a Talisman. That is like me buying a million dollar lottery ticket for a buck that says I WILL be a lucky winner of one million dollars. Who wouldn't buy a lottery ticket that says that? If it says I COULD or MAY win a million dollars, then I might decide to use that dollar to buy a cup of coffee instead.

The above can be said for this in Isen:

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post

Scratch Feud [Isen]
    There is a high chance that you will be one of the lucky winners that will obtain a Magical Talisman +6 while playing our Scratch Feud game!

If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - BLAZING TEMPLE (4 Coins) you will be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!
    .... OOPSIE!

Summary:

Face it Atzigan. osouls has a valid point regardless of what your support team have been trying to tell him in the ticket system. You got caught with your pants down around your knees and most of the time we ALL have to pay for our mistakes.

Typo, error or not, people spent Rohan Points buying those coins to play your game based on the PROMISE you made to your players that they would receive one of the Talismans you listed in your advertisement. Seems to me you now have an obligation to compensate each and every one of those people who played your game in Ran, Jin or Isen as you advertised. There really is no excuse for this - you have a marketing department and upper management that approves everything you guys say to your players with regards to contests and events. There is no way something like this could have slipped out unless it says exactly what it means. No excuses. Make good on the promise you guys made.

Rock On!!
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 11-01-2014 at 07:28 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

You devoted more time to yr post than I could be bothered to do - and you are exactly right.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

~ Martin Niemöller

I got nothing but time to be a pain in the a$$
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Wish I had more time to be a pain in the a$$, I just gotta make do with trolling my missus, kids, ppl at work etc (occasionally ppl in game)

Tbh I could justify charging $10 and spending 300 rps if it landed me a talisman - I fully expected that I would get something ****e like a spirit stone, however that does not detract from the " you will gain a talisman if you play this game" aspect of Atzigans statement and had I known for sure that I wouldn't have got a talisman, then the money would have remained in my bank account.

~ Martin Niemöller

Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Snipped from the announcement:

Atzigan, please read the highlighted statement very carefully. Look at the language that you folks used. It does not say
    "If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you might be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"
    or
    "If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you may be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"
    or
    "If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you could be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"

Those introduce the possibility that you would NOT get a talisman. Uncertainty.
    No. You guys said:

"If you play the SCRATCH FEUD - SCRATCH CONQUEST (3 Coins) you WILL be one of the lucky winners to net a Talisman!"

There is no uncertainty in this statement. You say here with certainty that if you are playing in Ran or Jin and you play this game, you WILL be one of the lucky winners of a Talisman. That is like me buying a million dollar lottery ticket for a buck that says I WILL be a lucky winner of one million dollars. Who wouldn't buy a lottery ticket that says that? If it says I COULD or MAY win a million dollars, then I might decide to use that dollar to buy a cup of coffee instead.

The above can be said for this in Isen:

.... OOPSIE!

Summary:

Face it Atzigan. osouls has a valid point regardless of what your support team have been trying to tell him in the ticket system. You got caught with your pants down around your knees and most of the time we ALL have to pay for our mistakes.

Typo, error or not, people spent Rohan Points buying those coins to play your game based on the PROMISE you made to your players that they would receive one of the Talismans you listed in your advertisement. Seems to me you now have an obligation to compensate each and every one of those people who played your game in Ran, Jin or Isen as you advertised. There really is no excuse for this - you have a marketing department and upper management that approves everything you guys say to your players with regards to contests and events. There is no way something like this could have slipped out unless it says exactly what it means. No excuses. Make good on the promise you guys made.

Rock On!!
    There is quite a lot of Talismans in the game obtained via Scratch Feud.
    There was no "Promise" although I agree it could have been worded better where you highlighted it.
    But as it says:
    There is a high chance that you will be one of the lucky winners = High Chance, not 100%.
    While looking at how many players already obtained these Talismans via Scratch Feud I can see there is not an issue with this as there's a truckload of them already obtained from several players.
    But as anyone who has already played scratch feud you never know what you're gonna get but you'll always get something in return.

The issue with GrayFB was he obtained a minor scroll which was not equivalent to 5 coins, this issue was resolved and the respective actions were made.

I agree that it could have been worded better. That is why real advertisers get paid the big bucks to keep this kind of wording from happening in the first place.

However in this case it was not. And some people paid money to you with the expectation you WILL give them talismans (not you did not say 'one of the above talismans' so that leaves you a hole to be able to hand out useless talismans). And at least two of your players called you out on it.

The statement you highlighted and the one I did are two separate statements. The first one (yours) calls it a high probability, and is immediately followed one (mine) that calls it a certainty (100%). If I am a consumer (oh wait -- I am!), which of those do you think I would be more wanting to believe?

As a consumer, which lottery ticket would you buy? The one that says on it that you could win the big prize or the one that says you will win the big prize. It is just one small word, but it changes the entire sentence's meaning.

I doubt you would have had as many players in that scratch game (or as much money collected) if you had have worded your advertisement using one of the ways I had pointed out.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 11-03-2014 at 02:38 PM.