The exchange market is 70% of the Rohan Experience. Sure the mad PVPers here will say it is PVP that makes Rohan great, but in actual fact it is the Exchange Market that has been central to relatively satisfying Rohan Gameplay.

When I started playing here in Spring 2008, I found the Exchange market to be unique in that you could buy and sell characters, goods and in-game currency for use in the Item Mall or other Exchange purchases. In particular the ability to buy and sell characters was unique to Rohan and a very attractive solution to those that didn't want to do it the hard, time consuming way. The ability to sell your legendary forged armor and weapons in the exchange made it valuable to thousands of players.

Remember back when the Epics appeared in-game and destroyed the exchange of weapons? What happened? Half your population got very, very angry and walked away triggering the first and most famous of the Rohan private servers.

These days very few of those private server have an exchange market and because of that they do not stay around very long. Those that have exchange markets have been running for a few years now.

@Playwith Interactive: If you expect this 'version' of Rohan to survive any length of time I very strongly suggest you get your Exchange market up and running very soon. Without an Exchange market for your players to buy and sell their stuff I personally don't see any reason for people to stay here more than a couple weeks.