I gave playwith the solution 1000000000000000000000000000000 years ago but it seems like only when e2n start qqing does it become a international crisis (i may have quit but some things just never change).

Just cap the DD at 88-91% per character.

Lets address the benefits and "nerfs"

1: No more 100% DD guardians/defenders

Rohan community has this problem that I call the "derp balancing" meaning that if one class can derp harder than the rest then the game is broken. Anybody who says guardians are underpowered is bat**** insane, their lockdown is second to none and they work fine in group pvp. Dual wielding defenders are walking empower totems with rush so again the derp balancing complex destroys another perfectly good class, how are you gonna get rid of obli without whirlwind bois and grills? guess pvp is derpier now and ppl just retreat when that priest gets sheltered with obli. 100% DD guardians and defenders also spoiled events I remember before I quit all the 100% dd babies making every last man standing into a draw.

2: You can split up those DD pieces!

DD gear does not lose its value with a DD cap, instead its usability increases as you can put the boots on 1 priest and the gloves on the other or any arrangement of the two.

3: Playwith can sell DD gear because it wont make the game any more broken than it already is!

This is a pay to win game and theres more whales than there are DD gears so I just had to mention that this is a possibility. Or maybe boomforce event comes back (pm me if you want a breakdown of how that event works) which is where various items (melee boots, dd boots, dd gloves, crit helmet etc.) came from also there was a forge an item event which is where the 2 30% dmg reflect edwins came from.

4: Once DD cap is put in you can actually look at balancing the game.

I have said for a long time that bless shield needs a buff (it needs skill defense and more block rate) if you ever want to see defenders return to their front line tank status, aside from that you cant exactly balance a game if there are people who are 100% immune from all damage except 3 dd piercing skills.