Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys! It is indeed very gratifying to see users issues resolved and being surrounded with a positive environment although it mostly lasts only a few hours :P.
Any job that requires communication with customers will involve tough times, angry customers and stressful days but also satisfaction once that issue is resolved and the user is no longer having problems.
I've been in this jam for about 5 years already I believe, and thankfully I was able to learn a lot. I arrived here with a background of customer service inbound and outbound sales/support which is I believe almost the most stressful job I was able to experience. Keeping it cool and reasoning with customers is something that was needed on a daily basis.

Most of the anger that users have is attributed to past issues, how previously problems were resolved incorrectly or maybe as random as just having a bad day or a fight with the girlfriend or maybe the wife that made the user sleep on the couch last night. With that in mind, trying to understand the user and bringing some happiness to the day definitely makes a difference.

We are currently a small team that have to do pretty much do everything, but so far work process is being improved and one of my key goals is to keep on improving the current staff so there's no "issues" in the future. I can't promise there won't be. But minimizing the problems is a must. As always, if there's an issue make sure to let me know!

Glad you take pride in your work and keep up the good job.