+ Reply to Thread

Game Guard Error 380 (INFORMATIVE 📌)

i downloaded like 5 times even downloaded game guard but when i try to play rohan i get game guard error 380 failed to connect to game guard update server please adjust ur firewall settings and try again i did that and i keep geting the same error any thing elts i can do to get it working???

Last edited by SasoreGM; Yesterday at 01:56 PM.

i have this problem too

Hello Lacemedonio!

GameGuard checks for updates every time it runs. Error codes 340, 350, 360, 361, and 380 occur when the GameGuard update fails. Here are some troubleshooting steps:

--Contents--
    1. Firewall Restrictions
    2. External Firewall Issues
    3. Internet Connection Problems
    4. Proxy Server Settings
    5. Hosts File Modifications

1) Firewall Restrictions
    If the connection is restricted by a security program (firewall), GameGuard update may not be possible.
    Allow Game Guard in the security program options or turn it off for a while when playing a game before using it.

2) External Firewall Issues
    Many companies and public institutions use firewalls that can block access to the GameGuard update server. If you're on a network with such restrictions, contact your network administrator for assistance.

3) Internet Connection Problems
    Verify that your internet connection is stable and not frequently disconnecting. Also, ensure that you don’t need to go through an authentication system to access the internet.

4) If you have set up a proxy server
    If you’re using a proxy server, you might need to disable it. To do this:

> Open an internet window and go to [Windows Menu] -> [Internet Options] -> [Connection] -> [LAN Settings].
    > If the proxy server option is checked, uncheck it.

5) Hosts File Modifications
    The hosts file, which maps specific internet addresses, might be altered by spyware or viruses. Check and edit the hosts file as follows:

> Locate the hosts file based on your OS (Windows 7/10/11: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)

> Open the hosts file using Notepad.

> If there are any entries related to the game or GameGuard, delete them and save the file.

IMPORTANT: For more information kindly check the official NProtect GameGuard FAQ: https://gameguardfaq.nprotect.com/

Best regards,
    -R.O.H.A.N. Eternal Vengeance Team-
    Vengeance Never Ends
    Last edited by SasoreGM; 05-26-2024 at 06:50 PM.